V-Boost Whining sound with Ignitech

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencer

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Recently my v boost was only intermittently working on my 96 V-Max. I found out there was a problem with the v-boost controller. Instead of buying a new controller I decided to replace it with a Ignitech unit. It seemed to fix my vboost but has introduced a loud whining electrical sound. I have attached a video for reference. The sound seems to be coming from the v-boost servo/motor Any thoughts on what the problem might be or how to diagnose it would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 20240529_200023.mp4

Just sounds like the servo motor spinning to make the cable go one way, then the other.

Just sounds like the servo motor spinning to make the cable go one way, then the other.
Sorry, I should have taken a more clear video. I'm not referring to the actuation of the v boost motor, but the constant, very high-pitched whining sound. You may need to turn up the volume if you can't hear it.

Might need to update the setting. It may have a signal that is making it constantly cycle (some bikes do that). Do you have the laptop and software needed? I can add you to the dropbox account if you aren't already a member there

Might need to update the setting. It may have a signal that is making it constantly cycle (some bikes do that). Do you have the laptop and software needed? I can add you to the dropbox account if you aren't already a member there
Thank you, I'm already a member of the drop box and I will try updating the settings this weekend.

Just wanted to give a quick update on the situation.

I have uploaded the "v-max with stock sensor v96 curve #2" to the Ignitech and it seems to have smoothed out my v-boost and has stopped the whining noise after the v-boost finishes actuation. There is however, still a whine during the v-boost actuation. Is this a problem or should I ignore it? I have uploaded another video showcasing this.

Also, what files are people using for their Ignitech? I have a stock motor and would like the vboost to actuate at the stock rpms with a 9500 limiter. I'm not so good with the software and would appreciate some input.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20240713_202940.mp4
    18.8 MB
Just wanted to give a quick update on the situation.

I have uploaded the "v-max with stock sensor v96 curve #2" to the Ignitech and it seems to have smoothed out my v-boost and has stopped the whining noise after the v-boost finishes actuation. There is however, still a whine during the v-boost actuation. Is this a problem or should I ignore it? I have uploaded another video showcasing this.

Also, what files are people using for their Ignitech? I have a stock motor and would like the vboost to actuate at the stock rpms with a 9500 limiter. I'm not so good with the software and would appreciate some input.

Thank you

I just put a new file in there for the 90-07 versions. Give it a try. It's named "Vmaxnew with servo ready for new install may 2023"

I just put a new file in there for the 90-07 versions. Give it a try. It's named "Vmaxnew with servo ready for new install may 2023"
Thank you, I have uploaded it to the Ignitech. I won't be able to start or ride the bike for a while to test it, as I have the carb all torn apart but will report back once I do.

The v-boost motor still whines only when the v-boost moves in and out. Do you think that is anything to worry about or should I just ignore it?

Thanks for all your help.

It should at least make noise as it moves. As far as a while that may be normal. We would normally call it a 'Whirr" as it opens, a small pause, another "whirr" as it closes, with a short pause then a very short "whirr" as it takes up the slack in the cable and ready to start functioning.

When below complete enhance, there's a whining noise that is hard to explain. It starts offevolved off after which becomes better pitched as you flow through the rpms.

snaptube vidmate

Last edited:
Some of the units software settings have a small load all the time and an update to a setting can help with it. Mainly if you get an osciallation after you turn the key on.

Back