virago rotor.. hmmmm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course you can... You can do whatever you want as long as you have the patience and the coins... :biglaugh:
Just needs to lower the bracket hole pattern the same amount as the radius difference. I can provide you with that if you like...

When you say you 'I can provide you with that if you like..." what do you mean?

I have an 85 VMax rear wheel I'm trying to fit up to my 83 Venture frame. Having just a little difficulty because the VMax wheel is about 5/8 inch wider at the axle line than a Venture. I want the VMax wheel on due to its 1" smaller dia. rim.

I have the rear brake package from a VMax, caliper, torque arm, caliper mount & brake line. I will have to weld a mount on the swing arm for the torque bar, but that is minor.

The issue is the caliper mount arm needs narrowed at the axle amount hole by the difference in the wheel widths. It's doable but will remove part of the ribbing on the mount arm. The VMax caliper arm is the same thickness at the axle hole as the Venture caliper arm.

DO you have the geometry of a stock brake arm in CAD format? It would be very helpful to have this so I could get a revised mount made and possibly mount an R1 caliper.

Picture shows the clearance issue.

Gary

Attachments

• temp 1 068.jpg
    temp 1 068.jpg
    129.2 KB
Note, you can get a radial on your original 16" wheel if I remember right. You can't for the vmax wheel. You should not have an issue narrowing up the brake stay. Just keep the caliper centered up on the rotor.

Sean

When you say you 'I can provide you with that if you like..." what do you mean?

I have an 85 VMax rear wheel I'm trying to fit up to my 83 Venture frame. Having just a little difficulty because the VMax wheel is about 5/8 inch wider at the axle line than a Venture. I want the VMax wheel on due to its 1" smaller dia. rim.

I have the rear brake package from a VMax, caliper, torque arm, caliper mount & brake line. I will have to weld a mount on the swing arm for the torque bar, but that is minor.

The issue is the caliper mount arm needs narrowed at the axle amount hole by the difference in the wheel widths. It's doable but will remove part of the ribbing on the mount arm. The VMax caliper arm is the same thickness at the axle hole as the Venture caliper arm.

DO you have the geometry of a stock brake arm in CAD format? It would be very helpful to have this so I could get a revised mount made and possibly mount an R1 caliper.

Picture shows the clearance issue.

Gary

Hi Gary

I do not have it in CAD but thats fairly simple to accomplish like Sean said... You just need to narrow the caliper bracket by the axle, this is narrow it by removing material on the outside of that bracket to keep it centered on the rotor. It seems to me that has plenty of space not to hinder the bracket consistency...

Back