Vista Cruise throttle lock

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20Vmax20

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are still available somewhere? I’ve used the vista cruise throttle lock on my last two bikes over the course of 25 years and they worked great. Now I can’t find one to use on the max. I tried to contact the primary site, Sound Off Recreational Inc, but got no response. Anybody know where to find one?

I did look on Amazon but all I could find was the big universal ones, not the one like Jim has in the video. When I searched for the specific part number I got one hit on Amazon but it said out of stock and did not know if or when it would be back.

Jim, you should make a combo pack of the throttle lock with your pegs 😁

I checked so many websites they all out of stock , looks like since i posted my bike with the Vista throttle lock last year
everyone rushed to buy one lol

An alternative but pricey......Brake Away Throttle lock. This is the Gen 1. The Gen 2 is a bit cleaner and has the arm like the Vista Cruise locks have but the arm is much thinner.

0510211945.jpg0510211944f.jpg

Last edited:
I looked at the break away and your right, it’s pricy. My issue with it is that I have bar end mirrors and big hands, so I can’t really afford to lose any grip surface. I did find one very similar to the vista, Atlas throttle lock. I may have to try it if I can’t run down a vista. It’s not as clean looking as the vista and it rotates with the throttle, which I’m not a fan of, but it may come to that. Thanks for the ideas though.

Fair enough. I had end bar mirrors that I removed. I was told by the company that modifying the one grip will move the unit in further giving more room. I did not do this with mine so I cannot offer you any words to tell you how effective this is.

I recall the Vista Cruise on my Virago to be overlapping the throttle. Of course mine is from the 70s on an 80s bike. Based on the poor pics I have of that set up, it looks like I set it up further in. Like the way the Brake Away company stated if I modified the grip. But I have no clear pictures to tell you and that bike is buried in NeverLand of my storage container so I cant tell you what exactly I did. I dont have the largest hands out there and both the Vista Cruise and Brake Away seem to fit my hands and bikes the way I have them set up.

Anything is possible if you are determined enough though. So good luck finding something that fits you and your bike.

While they are called a lock you can usually still twist them back off.
Some models free up completely when you start to twist them.

Latest posts

Back