vmax shake - im new to this..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbutera2112

Reaction score
let me start by saying i tried to search.. but all i find is 90-100mph or less than 30mph shakes...

i got this bike from my dad, and his friend told me that it shakes badly at about 60mph...says the front wobbles and is scary to be on

bike is salvaged, my dad bought it new and got t-boned with 300miles on it...never got it inspected, it now has 17k miles...he passed away recently and left me the bike

i have to have it inspected before i can get tags...i want to ride it to the inspection so i need it to be fixed...

any ideas what would cause that shake? i just did the furbur fix with an aluminum washer, and i made sure the bearings looked ok...did the bounce test, i think... it bounces 1-3 times... but its tight enough i can set it to the center and it will stay...i havent ridden it any faster than 40mph, i rode it 1/4 mile to the gas station thats it...its a felony to ride it right now so i dont want to risk going up to 60...the roads around me are 45...that and ive only been on a streetbike once

anything i should inspect or do you think tightening those bearings and doing the furbur fix would solve my problem?

thanks in advance, sorry if this is the wrong section...this is my first post on the forum

i couldnt get that to happen.... it would either not bounce, or it would bounce one decent bounce and then like 2 little tiny ones

Latest posts

Back