Watch those mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Lafayette Police Sgt. Max Smith, a semi driven north on Sagamore Parkway near Teal Road by John F. Stillabower, 47, of Indianapolis ran over Trifone's northbound motorcycle in front of him around 1:15 p.m. Tuesday.

The semi dragged the motorcycle about 300 feet before stopping. Stillabower told police he didn't see the motorcycle in front of him at the traffic light, Smith said.

From a post I read on another board, the rider had just gotten his bike the day before. RIP.

Linkage

Poor kid...hope the law doesn't hold back on the truck driver.
About 15 years ago I was at a stop light on a Yamaha Maxim when I was rear ended by a van. I spotted him in my mirrors and heard the tires squeal in time to grab more brake (there was crossing traffic, so moving was not an option) and brace for impact. My knees hit the tank and I was able to stay with the bike. My rear fender was jammed into the radiator of the van, and his bumper had wedged between the fender and rear tire, compressing but not flattening it. I got off the bike, didn't need the kickstand since it was now, essentially, a hood ornament on the van and stayed upright. I asked the driver if he would back his van off of my bike, police arrived, etc., and other than minor strains and a couple of good knee bruises I was ok.
I wonder what the poor 19 year old saw, if anything, in his mirrors...

Just two days ago I was out riding and approached an 2-way stop intersection. My lane did not have stop signs. Saw a person approaching the intersection to my right. I knew that driver was not paying attention and I could not make eye contact with them. I immediately slowed and sure enough, that driver blew the stop sign. A van driving behind me hit the brakes (not paying attention and tailgating me) and stopped uncomfortably close behind me.

Latest posts

Back