What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still need to get a set of pics with all the new body work installed. Still working on the replacement fork brace!

I added a volt meter to my Max today so I can keep an eye on the charging system. :biglaugh: I got the idea from CrackerRican, so I want to give him the credit for the great idea.
a6425ab0-5de0-479f-8cf9-6bc657b5fcb9_zpse8f4bee1.jpg

Man that turned out sweet ! I like where you installed it, a lot easier to install it there than on the face plate.

I used a scrap piece of sheet metal and my dremel to make the bracket. I used a piece of lexan to cover it and a piece of double sided tape to secure it. I covered the back with silicon to keep it water tight. I plan to run by my local tint shop to see if I can get a scrap piece of tint to finish it. I ran the wires from a wire off the ignition. The reading is exact to what my multimeter reads off the battery.

Nice job, Vegas! An on-board voltmeter should be standard equipment, given the well-known V-Max charging woes.
I tapped into the red ignition wire as well, but found my analog v.m. as it came out of the box, was reading about 1/2 volt less than battery voltage. Luckily, it had an adjusting screw. A bit of a turn put the voltage right on the button.
Cheers!

Nice job, Vegas! An on-board voltmeter should be standard equipment, given the well-known V-Max charging woes.
I tapped into the red ignition wire as well, but found my analog v.m. as it came out of the box, was reading about 1/2 volt less than battery voltage. Luckily, it had an adjusting screw. A bit of a turn put the voltage right on the button.
Cheers!

Still waiting for you to start selling your complete dash setup with a plug and play installation :punk:

If only it was so easy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The painter came over and picked my parts up today. Black cherry candy is what I'm wanting. Dave the painter is going to paint a sample before he shoots the parts. Scoops are getting painted. I'd like to chrome the scoops and a lot of other stuff, but I've got the KZ-900 that's got to be done with the factory stripes and chrome where it's supposed to be.

after almost three months of downtime due to dad's passing, a dislocated shoulder, and a finicky key ignition, I decided that it was time to wake up the beast. first couple of cranks, nada. so I placed it on a charger. duh, came back the next day and realized that if the lamps had been burning bright, that the batt's prolly not the prob. hmm, sprayed some starter fluid down the carbs figuring that some gunk was giving me issues. nope. hmm, maybe some old gas, so drained the bowls and filled it up with a "start your engine" solution. no joy. looked over the spark plugs, not too bad. hmmm. gave it another crank and the bike kinda coughed. ahh I know how to fix that--just pull the cho...GODDAM IT! all this time I kept forgtting the choke. ugh. hehehehee. anyways it's nice to hear the beast purring. after not hearing it everyday for three months, I hardly recognize its growl. I fell in love all over again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

after almost three months of downtime due to dad's passing, a dislocated shoulder, and a finicky key ignition, I decided that it was time to wake up the beast. first couple of cranks, nada. so I placed it on a charger. duh, came back the next day and realized that if the lamps had been burning bright, that the batt's prolly not the prob. hmm, sprayed some starter fluid down the carbs figuring that some gunk was giving me issues. nope. hmm, maybe some old gas, so drained the bowls and filled it up with a "start your engine" solution. no joy. looked over the spark plugs, not too bad. hmmm. gave it another crank and the bike kinda coughed. ahh I know how to fix that--just pull the cho...GODDAM IT! all this time I kept forgtting the choke. ugh. hehehehee. anyways it's nice to hear the beast purring. after not hearing it everyday for three months, I hardly recognize its growl. I fell in love all over again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Welcome Back:clapping: Sorry about your dad.

Welcome back Greg, great to see you on here again. Any plans for bike week this year?

Welcome back Greg, great to see you on here again. Any plans for bike week this year?

you bet! it'll prolly be a day trip, though. gonna try to make it there when custom creationz is around

Back