What do you to make your motor shine?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone found any good products that you can use on your motor to make the black really shine?
Thanks

Ron

Ok, maybe shine was the wrong word...how about really clean looking. I would like my motor to look clean and shine like this one.

motor.jpg

Yes I see that too now that you mention it, about the oil I mean..... I have no idea who's bike this is I just saw it on mark's site

i dont know about you folks but you cant see any oil through the site glass when its on the kickstand on my bike either. that looks normal to me

I like this stuff Shiny keep a bottle where you park your bike and spray it on before you go for a ride. I spray it on everything even the seat and wipe it down. The more you buff the better it gets. Best part is... if you miss some with the rag it doesn't matter (its hard to get in all those nooks and crannies of the engine)... still shiny. Smells good too.

I like this stuff Shiny keep a bottle where you park your bike and spray it on before you go for a ride. I spray it on everything even the seat and wipe it down. The more you buff the better it gets. Best part is... if you miss some with the rag it doesn't matter (its hard to get in all those nooks and crannies of the engine)... still shiny. Smells good too.

Is the product called "shiny" ? the link you gave me has all kinds of cleaning products.

Is the product called "shiny" ? the link you gave me has all kinds of cleaning products.

Sorry must be a cookie thing. The link should of brought you to this product...Final Inspection and if that doesn't work here's a pic. The nice thing about this stuff is that if you ever want to paint something later on. You won't have problems with silicone and adhesion of the paint. You should be able to get it at a local auto parts store. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it. I hate ArmorAll!

Attachments

• Final Inspection.jpg
    Final Inspection.jpg
    60.8 KB
Thanks, I always used Liquid Glass but it's been 5 years since I had my last VMAX so I wanted to see if there have been some new and improved products. I'll have to check this stuff out.

I just bought some Demon Shine : http://www.carplan.co.uk/index.cfm?product=156

Sorry must be a cookie thing. The link should of brought you to this product...Final Inspection and if that doesn't work here's a pic. The nice thing about this stuff is that if you ever want to paint something later on. You won't have problems with silicone and adhesion of the paint. You should be able to get it at a local auto parts store. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it. I hate ArmorAll!

This company makes a LOT of finishing / detailing / polishing products!!!

Looks good though, might try to pick up that final inspection (if they do smaller)

I use "Engine Bright" once a month. Looks like the engine was painted and polished. Just cover the chrome covers over the carbs first before you spray it on.:clapping:

I can`t see any oil in my bike when it is on the sidestand.:ummm:

i use S100 engine brightener

wash up really good n dry...then appy and let sit overnight.

makes the 07 engine look really trick:punk:

its the treat!!:rofl_200:

2003 and newer engines have a satin finish. The engine you posted looks like it has the gloss finish that was done to the older engines. Your year will never have that shine to it.

Sean

Latest posts

Back