What is the point of this key holder?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I have been meaning to get a normal key made so that I do not carry the monster OEM. It looks great on the bike but is not pocket friendly.

They all came with the big key and a small key. Some Euro bikes even came with a valet key (for when you take the bike in for service). Those receivers are huge for sure!

Never seen or heard of anything like this...does anybody actually use this contraption?
Never seen or heard of anything like this...does anybody actually use this contraption?
The best that I can imagine is that it is supposed to have a ring or clip added to the provided hole on the side of it and then clip it to your belt or jacket and insert the key into it when the bike is parked. I've had 3 of these with the gen 2's now and the first place the big key holder goes is in a drawer at home for emergencies and carry on using the normal key that is included.

The best that I can imagine is that it is supposed to have a ring or clip added to the provided hole on the side of it and then clip it to your belt or jacket and insert the key into it when the bike is parked. I've had 3 of these with the gen 2's now and the first place the big key holder goes is in a drawer at home for emergencies and carry on using the normal key that is included.

It does have an attachment point for a key ring. Yeah, mine is occupying a desk drawer too.

I keep it under a glass dome display. Whenever someone inquires about it, I tell them I found it intact in a meteorite crash site. Possibly an ancient key from an advanced civilization that potentially unlocks the secrets of the universe or Pandora’s box.

Latest posts

Back