What my bike worth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"i also have 23 viton orings for free as well folks!"

Those are more-robust than the stocker? Are they thicker or have a different shape to locate in the pickup tube better? I better go back & read the sticky. I never have done mine. Maybe I should take-you-up on one of those.

"i also have 23 viton orings for free as well folks!"

Those are more-robust than the stocker? Are they thicker or have a different shape to locate in the pickup tube better? I better go back & read the sticky. I never have done mine. Maybe I should take-you-up on one of those.

well i went to do the fix and the kawi o ring wouldn't go in. i had a bottle jack under the bike to press it into the opening and it was LIFTING the bike and not popping in. if i had the engine out maybe it woulda worked. so i found a slightly smaller OD ring when on the elbow. it is still tough going in, but fit better than the kawi or the stock one. i'm getting good pressure now.

so its not 'fully' tried and true like the kawi one but if you have a pressure guage its easy enough to monitor

well i went to do the fix and the kawi o ring wouldn't go in. i had a bottle jack under the bike to press it into the opening and it was LIFTING the bike and not popping in. if i had the engine out maybe it woulda worked. so i found a slightly smaller OD ring when on the elbow. it is still tough going in, but fit better than the kawi or the stock one. i'm getting good pressure now.

so its not 'fully' tried and true like the kawi one but if you have a pressure guage its easy enough to monitor

Nah, no pressure gauge, it was a stone-stock '92 until I pulled it out of storage to go thru it to return it to the road. Probably coulda gotten a good used one ready-to-go for what I have into this, but I bought this still under warranty about a yr. old w/~1500 mi on it, so it's my pile of parts! Plus I've had fun getting the parts from a variety of places & had fun workin' on it, had a friend do some stuff I didn't wanna bother with, & he's recently told me we're close to the 'moment of truth.' No $1400 Ohlins shocks or $2200 Carozzeria (sp?) wheels here. My wife wants a new car, so no Gen II in the near future for me.

Back