What tires do you run? (poll)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What tires do you run on your Max?

• Avon

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Cheng Shin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Continental

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Dunlop

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Metzler

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Michelin

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Shinko

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other - (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I ran those a few years ago before the ME880's Kind of squirrely in the corners but very stick. Very easy to get front end off. Now I just lay black strip. lol

Agree on being sticky. Glue-like sticky. I've wheelied the B-King twice, both by accident with warm tires. These things aren't known for the long life, and they aren't known for being very good in the rain (at least as reported by the BKing guys that ride in the UK). When I'm due for replacement (in the next couple thousand miles, or so), I'll probably stay with them. Doesn't seem to be a huge choice in 200/50-17s.

I ran those a few years ago before the ME880's Kind of squirrely in the corners but very stick. Very easy to get front end off. Now I just lay black strip. lol

I liked the Metzler ME880's and my front has just about had it! Its getting cone shaped domed! I may put a michelin up front for the known smoothness and I dont care how much I pay for a front tire since they last about 15K
The ME880's are close to the shinko but the Shinko I believe have better grip all around and the biggest reason is they are much cheaper in price than the Metzler

The ME880 rear is definitely an improvement over the bald IRC I was running. The ME880 sticks, too. I revved the engine a tad and dumped the clutch and the front wheel came up an inch or so. I'm sure drag launches will be more "interesting" now...

The ME880 rear is definitely an improvement over the bald IRC I was running. The ME880 sticks, too. I revved the engine a tad and dumped the clutch and the front wheel came up an inch or so. I'm sure drag launches will be more "interesting" now...

I could never get any quicker than a 1.63 60 ft at the dragstrip with an ME880. Dont get me wrong 1.63 60ft time is a decent holeshot but its not the VMAX's full potential.
So far at the dragstrip

M&H Car Slick 60ft = 1.47
Shinko 170-80-15 Tourmaster 60ft = 1.52
Metzler ME888 170-80-15 60ft = 1.63
Metzler ME880 180-70-15 60ft = 1.78

Yes a 180-70-15 does fit on the VMAX. It sucks though the rim is to narrow and causes the tire to bow up more in the middle pulling the sidewalls in tighter. Its also a shorter profile tire giving a higher number onm gear ratio causing the tire to break loose crazy!!

Looks like good info here. I need new a new rear tire very soon and i don't trust my front one so i'm going to do both. I've only run the qualifiers up until this point.

I think i'm going to go with shinko 230. I'll go the stock 110/90-18 up front and it sounds like with no modifications whatsoever i can run the 170/80-15 in the back?

that is correct right?

looks like bikebandit can do both shipped for $150, and i can get them mounted $30 apiece so thats not too bad.

I run Dunflop Qualifiers and I HATE them. Came with the bike when I bought it.
The back tire breaks loose too much for my liking. I'll be ordering me some Shinko's this winter.

I think i'm going to go with shinko 230. I'll go the stock 110/90-18 up front and it sounds like with no modifications whatsoever i can run the 170/80-15 in the back?

that is correct right?

Yup - s'wot I have and I love it! So glad to have dumped those Qualifiers they were SHITE!

Nice... in talking to 44 magnum, i think i'm gonna try 120/90's up front as well....

I currently run Bridgestone Exedras because that's what the PO put on, but they are pretty worn out - I'm thinking of Dunlop Qualifiers next go 'round, but I'm not sure yet. I like the raised white letters. I hear Sean has some way cool whitewalls for sale... :biglaugh:

Yeah I gave him those white walls. I had ordered a rear from Flea Bay. Then got in my wreck on my buddies bike. Tire arrived and it got thrown in the garage. Didnt look at it for 4 months. Got all healed up and went to put it on the bike and noticed it was a white wall. Called the flea bay dealer and they told me it was too far out from the 30 day return policy. I explained to them about the accident and being off my feet. They didnt care, not one bit. So I took it up to Kansas with me when I went to pick up the engine. Now it is Seans Problem :biglaugh:

Just voted and I use ME 880's. Worn rear tire so I'll be replacing this winter. As asked before------
Will a 170 ME 880 fit with out major mods???? Advantages and disadvantages???:worthy:

Thanks, Lew

Latest posts

Back