What VMax enthusiast in the midwest wants to make money?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abe.... I promise I won't touch your wheels.... if you don't know what I'm talking about, then I will tell you AFTER you drop off you bike:biglaugh:. This Wed. should work for me. I'll plan on meeting you in Peoria, probably at one of our offices which is just off the interstate and very easy to get to. I'll send you the directions.

jeff...

just wanted to re-iterate what others have said. such an awesome guy helping abe out. i've been reading abe's posts, he is definitely frustrated as hell!!

i know i would be as well and would take you up on the offer in seconds!

Before anything else "good" is said, I just hope I don't make things worse on this bike. I'm sure I'll be using Chris' help and may others from this forum may be getting phone calls helping us out on this. I just don't want to get people's hopes up and then not be able to fix the problems. I'm pretty sure we can get a few issues resolved, but we'll see what happens when we get the bike.

Abe,
My trailer is not enclosed so is that going to be an issue? There is also a slight chance I will not be in Peoria this week, but I could very easily meet you somewhere else. I'll find out later today exactly what my plans are.
Later,
Jeff

Before anything else "good" is said, I just hope I don't make things worse on this bike. I'm sure I'll be using Chris' help and may others from this forum may be getting phone calls helping us out on this. I just don't want to get people's hopes up and then not be able to fix the problems. I'm pretty sure we can get a few issues resolved, but we'll see what happens when we get the bike.

jeff,

even if you dont' get it fixed, i doubt you will make things worse! i've always been just as careful on buddies bikes as mine, and don't take any risks that i might on mine b/c i don't own it...

plus you're being a good guy for helping to take a look, if nothing else. 2 brains are usually better than 1

I think what Jeff has for a brain and what I have will be closer to maybe 1.5 brains... Maybe with Abe we are closer to 2.25 or so??? lol

I think we need to get it running right but it SHOULD go home with Morley's kit IMO.

I vote Jeff as the test rider though. Man it's colder than a witches tit out there.

Chris

Abe,
My trailer is not enclosed so is that going to be an issue? There is also a slight chance I will not be in Peoria this week, but I could very easily meet you somewhere else. I'll find out later today exactly what my plans are.
Later,
Jeff

I'll bring a bike cover so that should not be an issue. Maybe a few rocks/stones will knock some sense into the ol max anyway:biglaugh:. Since you are pretty much 200 miles due west of me anywhere on I-88/I80 works great for me. And don't think you are not going to get paid no matter how she ends up running. The generous deserve to be paid!

Thanks again,
Abe

I'll bring a bike cover so that should not be an issue. Maybe a few rocks/stones will knock some sense into the ol max anyway:biglaugh:. Since you are pretty much 200 miles due west of me anywhere on I-88/I80 works great for me. And don't think you are not going to get paid no matter how she ends up running. The generous deserve to be paid!

Thanks again,
Abe

No cover is better than a cover at highway speeds. The cover will do more damage than any one or two rocks could.

That being said, I have and still do tape the front of my bikes off when doing ride-outs with folks to keep rock chips to a minimum. Blue painters tape is your best bet. Take off the faux tank cover to keep anything from happening to that. Jeff has a ton of them, so for testing purposes he can put one of his on it.

I am SUPER anal about scratches so when I take my carbs out I tape the frame up and use towels to keep from harming ANY paint.

My bike has 3000 miles on it and it doesn't look like it has any more than 2500... lol

:rofl_200:

No cover is better than a cover at highway speeds. The cover will do more damage than any one or two rocks could.

i'm not quite as anal as the rest, but def +1 on the cover, it flapping and esp if it has plastic hooks can do more damage!

also, its not liek the bike hasnt' been drive at those kinds of speeds before!

i'm not quite as anal as the rest, but def +1 on the cover, it flapping and esp if it has plastic hooks can do more damage!

also, its not liek the bike hasnt' been drive at those kinds of speeds before!

Very true...but at least when it's on the flatbed it's not missing!:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back