Whats for dinner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope every one is haveing a good day off today I got up at 6 & threw 6 racks of ribs & a briskit on the smoker. Whats every one else having ?

Attachments

• Ribs & Brisket 001.jpg
    Ribs & Brisket 001.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Ribs & Brisket 002.jpg
    Ribs & Brisket 002.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
Salmon an shrimp on the grill later. Still deciding what to have for brunch.

Hope every one is haveing a good day off today I got up at 6 & threw 6 racks of ribs & a briskit on the smoker. Whats every one else having ?

Love my smoker! I am also a member of "smokingmeat.com" and Jeff sends out a monthly newsletter that motivates us to try different meats etc..
Always look forward to his methods to his smoking madness.
I am looking forward to some smoked jumbo shrimp and ribs later!!

Jeff sells a great rub and bbq sauce recipe which I bought if anybody is interested I will share(sshh!) its a secret!:biglaugh:

Keep on smoking and by the way, maybe we ought to have thread that allows fellow vmaxers to share our favorite bbq and smoking recipes and techniques. Just for fun in a Vmax sort of fashion.

Who has the best VMAX BURGER recipe?? :punk:
It's gotta be-cool(hot),fast with a great Vboost sauce!!

Show us all what you come up with, should be fun!:clapping:

For Dad and I, tonight, its big 'ol T-bones and some fresh bay scallops. W/ baked potato and some veggies.

V-boost sauce:

1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup vinegar(adjust to taste....more for the tangy carolina style, or less for a thicker, kansas city style)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar. Regular sugar doesn't work as well.
Palmful of paprika, if you can find smoked go for it
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Couple shakes of liquid smoke

And for that 6000rpm kick....
Stock: 2 teaspoons of cayenne
Stage 1 : 1 tablespoon
Stage 7: 2 tablespoons
1570: 2 tablespoons, plus a shotglass of Habanero Tabasco sauce.

Put it all in a pot and put it on medium until it simmers for a while, like 30 min or so, I never really pay attention. Apply to cooked animal of choice.

You start off with a fun, torquey bottom end with serious flavor, until it builds up to 6000 a few seconds later and then "vboost" kicks in, sending your ass at warp speed to the nearest fridge for a beer.

Vboost sauce sounds awesome!:biglaugh:

I think I'll make some for my ribs next time, prolly a burger first though!

I'll keep the beer close.:clapping:

Oh my god, stop! I just finished having leftovers! :damn angry:

I always mix in ranch powder with my burger meat, then make a patty and cut off a good chunk of pepper jack cheese and put another patty over top of it and cook it on the gril with the cheese in the middle and the ranch powder in the meat! Most amazing burgers ever! Then you can put whatever you want on em.

Also split jalapeno's in half and crape out the seeds, fill the halves with cream cheese, put the halves back together and wrap with bacon to hold them together and stick a toothpick through it all. Then do them on the grill.

I always mix in ranch powder with my burger meat, then make a patty and cut off a good chunk of pepper jack cheese and put another patty over top of it and cook it on the gril with the cheese in the middle and the ranch powder in the meat! Most amazing burgers ever! Then you can put whatever you want on em.

Also split jalapeno's in half and crape out the seeds, fill the halves with cream cheese, put the halves back together and wrap with bacon to hold them together and stick a toothpick through it all. Then do them on the grill.
I also do the Japs but I mix powdered ranch dressing into the cheese & I dont put the halfs back together just put them on skewers in the oven 15 minutes on each side them broil for the last 2 minutes to crisp the bacon. I used to do them on the grill but I kept running out of room on the grill & found out they do just as good in the oven.

I cheated.

I had a restaurant meal at a barbeque restaurant w/a fellow retiree from the F.D. who has been a long-term biker, sport bikes & H-D, but gave up the biking after suffering an assault & brain injury yrs. ago. We had delicious prime rib sandwiches on TX Toast w/pan-fried spinach & roasted tomatoes on top. Though we are 'deep South, here' it was unsweet tea. Waiting for the Maryland/U-Miami game 8:00 EST. Happy Labor Day to all workers who keep the country afloat via their hard work. A proud union member for 40 years. "I drink tea, but not the Tea Party Kool-Aid."

Over the last ten or so years when I get laid off, I learn how to make something I really like. It started with a chicken BBQ, with pits and Chivettia's style sauce. (local buffalo area guys know what I mean). Then potato chips in my turkey frier,Then Kettlekorn, aunt annie style soft pretzels, corn on the cob steamed in my turkey frier. I can do around 4 dozen at a time, and cheesecake. So my sister-in law decided we should do all of these for a party this weekend. So that was our dinner on sunday. All of the above for about 55 people. I needed today to rest from all of that. I all came out good though.:clapping:

I do a lot of smoking on the grill & stay pretty secret about how I cook. I will say a couple things cook slow & if you need to use BBQ to make meat taste good you need to rethink your rub mixture. Meat should taste good with no sauce involved Just my oppinion.

Latest posts

Back