What's the main purpose of your vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell no! The Max does great!

The SV is a 90? twin so it runs out of steam around 145mph. It's not about top speed though. It's about it's low rpm torque figure which squirts you out of the corner.:punk:

:rofl_200: thats right you cant always down shift to make power

Like many I'm sure, I've had several bikes throughout the years. I had a couple of 1980 XS1100's , replaced by a '86 Venture, replaced by a '87 Goldwing, replaced by a '05 custom chopper from daytona customworks. I got rid of the chopper for my current ride a '07 max.

The chopper was fine, big twin, monster torque and power. but handling was tricky at almost 10' long. and being a rigid it done killed the three crushed discs I have in my lower back. couldn't ride more then 90 mins without having to stop and heal.

I've always loved the max, don't know why it took me this long to get one. I'm asked by my friends if it's "functional or another toy." All I can say is it depends on my frame of mind.

great places and things to see while riding up here. So I guess its my new therapist after a stressfull day. My new weekend warrior at the drags. My ride to work on a summer's day. A conversation piece at the local cruise nights.

Already its been a catalyst for meeting new people via message boards and the owners association.

So I guess with the new year, its out with the old and in with the Max-new year.

Attachments

• kjbike1.jpg
    kjbike1.jpg
    80.4 KB
  • vmax1.jpg
    vmax1.jpg
    38.2 KB
Those choppers have never done it for me... It takes the bike out of the bike IMHO. I like the handling of a well setup bike. Straight lines are only fun for so long...

:rofl_200: thats right you cant always down shift to make power

Huh? When you're running hard from one corner into another the last thing you want to do is shift... I keep the revs above 6 and wind it up to it's 11,000 rpm redline and go into the corner and then squirt the gas to the next corner and so on... It's addicting and much stronger down low than the Vmax is stock.:banana: It also likes to lift the front when coming out of a corner! FUN!

The Vmax is my "I wanna look cool" bike to cruise on.:coolgleamA::biglaugh:

mine is set being set up this winter to scare children, make old barns fall down and cows go dry........

If you haven't dropped the forks yet, do it! The vmax handles like crap until this is done in some fashion (preload spacer or just drop in tree 2").

Also, swap out the brake pads with sintered pads, another must-do in my book. Last would be the seat but I am still waiting to see how much an improvement Seans Muscle Seat is.

Hal

Whoops, added the wrong comments to this thread.

Those choppers have never done it for me... It takes the bike out of the bike IMHO. I like the handling of a well setup bike. Straight lines are only fun for so long...

This is true. I sort of, well I did impulse buy the thing. The kids and towns folk loved it. I heard, "that aint a cop's bike" and then later on I was dubbed, "the copper on the chopper" or my favorite, " the pig on a hog."

Now I'm just pickled tink to have the bike I want, and am looking forward to many miles of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't dropped the forks yet, do it! The vmax handles like crap until this is done in some fashion (preload spacer or just drop in tree 2").

Also, swap out the brake pads with sintered pads, another must-do in my book. Last would be the seat but I am still waiting to see how much an improvement Seans Muscle Seat is.

Hal

Whoops, added the wrong comments to this thread.
still good advice...i dropped 3" and it looks awsome.

Huh? When you're running hard from one corner into another the last thing you want to do is shift... I keep the revs above 6 and wind it up to it's 11,000 rpm redline and go into the corner and then squirt the gas to the next corner and so on... It's addicting and much stronger down low than the Vmax is stock.:banana: It also likes to lift the front when coming out of a corner! FUN!

The Vmax is my "I wanna look cool" bike to cruise on.:coolgleamA::biglaugh:

:clapping: that was a joke..not sure it may off be you who said i always down shift on the highway if giving someone a go on the highway...think i was talking about my 113 at the time staying in fifth doing rollons.....are never mind :rofl_200:

:clapping: that was a joke..not sure it may off be you who said i always down shift on the highway if giving someone a go on the highway...think i was talking about my 113 at the time staying in fifth doing rollons.....are never mind :rofl_200:

I very seldom shift down on the highway but if I need to I will... I went up two on the rear sprocket so it revs around 5 at 75mph. It shits and gits pretty well. Not like the Vmax though.:surprise: Of course the SV has a 6th gear to play with.

I very seldom shift down on the highway but if I need to I will... I went up two on the rear sprocket so it revs around 5 at 75mph. It shits and gits pretty well. Not like the Vmax though.:surprise: Of course the SV has a 6th gear to play with.
the joy of having two bikes..always stayed away from the twisties...figured id kill myself

Mine is to make me look 100 % sexier (at my age, anything will do), cruise slowly looking like a shark, hungry and lean, be a conversation piece at gatherings, and rip the ass end out of the kids on their lesser machines....

:rocket bike:

Mine is to make me look 100 % sexier (at my age, anything will do), cruise slowly looking like a shark, hungry and lean, be a conversation piece at gatherings, and rip the ass end out of the kids on their lesser machines....

Ninja 250's and 500's watch out! :clapping:

I bought mine for a "muscle cruiser" something to ride around town, and to go along with my Harley buddies a little better than my ZRX

I have my Rex to shred with, so I can just relax and ride with the Max.

My Max serves as DD when it's nice out. Otherwise it's another toy. Bike nights and cruising on.

I've gone faster in cars than the Max will do at the quarter, and I hope to have my next car done this summer as well.

Lets see I have 14K on my odometer and this is my 4th motor I would have to say the main use of my VMAX is raw hiding.
I cant wait till the new VMAX comes out. Keeping it bone stock and let the dealers figure out why these motors are blowing the first year anyways LOL

Lets see I have 14K on my odometer and this is my 4th motor I would have to say the main use of my VMAX is raw hiding.
I cant wait till the new VMAX comes out. Keeping it bone stock and let the dealers figure out why these motors are blowing the first year anyways LOL

think you need a good mechanic

think you need a good mechanic

Yeah thats probably it. Ohh wait a minute, 2 of the motors that I have put in were taken out of wrecked bikes. Damn to think you may have made sense. Ohh well. Thanks though for your input.

Back