why are these different?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
I have two set of manifolds, both i belive to be off vmax's heres the pics,why are they differant?:ummm:

Attachments

• 2010-05-16_09.45.29.jpg
    2010-05-16_09.45.29.jpg
    54.2 KB
  • 2010-05-16_09.45.56.jpg
    2010-05-16_09.45.56.jpg
    60.6 KB
Re: why are these differant?

mine is a 1990 model and is like first pic with the extra mounting holes

I belive one of these is an 86 and the other is an 89. Danny max and I were chatting this mornin and couldnt figure out why. tabs for mounting the chrome carb cover ,right?

yip that's correct for the covers to screw into so I have no idea on the one without

calling_sean.jpg

Way to go Prez! Just how I imagined it when you guys brought it up. I am sure it will make Sean blush like a little school girl. Well done!

I love it. I have personally never seen them without the tabs for the cover. I wonder if they were cut off? Need to see a picture of the side of the intake. Bet it was removed and ground smooth.

Sean

Ill try to get a pic up tomorrow,they didnt appear to be cut and ground but I didnt look really close either.

any other bikes use those intakes? ventures etc?

maybe, but the vboast linkage is on this set ,everything looks to be as it should be.

Nope. Vmax only. The Ventures are rubber without the crossover connection point. I bet they are simply removed. not the first time I have seen them cut off.

Sean

Hats off to Sean ,:biglaugh:(again) after closer inspection and some wiping with a rag,Seans indeed correct ,some one ground them off.I dont know why but thats the case,my little mystery is solved,:punk: now if I could only figure out why my mable wont start....:ummm:Damm EFI!

Attachments

• 2010-05-17_20.12.13.jpg
    2010-05-17_20.12.13.jpg
    62.7 KB
They did a decent job on it for sure. If you wonder why I haven't bothered with the EFI you now know one of the big reasons.

Sean

Hats off to Sean ,:biglaugh:(again) after closer inspection and some wiping with a rag,Seans indeed correct ,some one ground them off.I dont know why but thats the case,my little mystery is solved,:punk: now if I could only figure out why my mable wont start....:ummm:Damm EFI!

Well I'll be darned, they did grind them off!

Personally, I would much rather be looking at the nice polished 'H' than the rough casting surface of those manifolds but, the ways of the v max rider are strange sometimes!! :confused2:

Sure hope Mabel starts 'talking' soon Rick!! :punk:

Latest posts

Back