Wobble be gone !

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBO

Reaction score
Last week i asked if anyone knew how to fix a scarry wobble in the front forks when slowing down. I was suprised that no one answered with a cure. I was curious to hear from the experts out there. Well thanks a bunch. Actually ive been building bikes all my life starting with an indian papoose at the age of 10. Next was a harley hummer that came in boxes. Ive built dozens of english bikes and a few hardleys in my day . I currently have a Suzuki 1200 madura and a V-max in my garage, if you dont know what a madura is dont race one for money. Its just like a vmax with out the govenor (v- boost). The wobble fix was as simple as balancing the air in the forks and giving the steering bearings a little tweek. [problem solved). Thanks for the help. Turbo , formerly of Obsession Engineering , ARS , Huffaker ,ect

Last week i asked if anyone knew how to fix a scarry wobble in the front forks when slowing down. I was suprised that no one answered with a cure. I was curious to hear from the experts out there. Well thanks a bunch.

Looks like 8 people replyed

I agree. Turbo must read too fast to see our replies. Steering head bearing adjustment was mentioned and I have a video out there on how to set it. Also, the front tire was mentioned too. The air if the forks is a bandaid and not the true fix. Shit can the air and get better fluid and springs (though the bearing tension is what fixed it).

Sean

TURBO: The people at this sight are a tighter brotherhood than anything I've known short of Military Service. I went and found the 3 posts you have to date. You haven't answered any of the people who replied to them. The thread you've brought up here was responded to by CaptainKyle 3 minutes after your post. With many more that followed. Everybody here's more than willing to assist another VMaxer. Well, there are a few who won't. You live in Florida too, there are dozens of Maxers in this state alone who are willing to help.

Happy to hear you figured out a fix. Sean's right about Air in the forks though. Temporary.

Peace Brother...

A Madura is the same as a v65 magna. I'll race ya.
won't be the first one i've beat. and won't be the last.
i've owned a madura . v65 and vmax's.
my max is not the fastest max out there. But it can destroy a madura.(FACT)

A Madura is the same as a v65 magna. I'll race ya.
won't be the first one i've beat. and won't be the last.
i've owned a madura . v65 and vmax's.
my max is not the fastest max out there. But it can destroy a madura.(FACT)

Depends on driver...todays 250cc with a perfect driver can destroy a v-max.

The wobble fix was as simple as balancing the air in the forks and giving the steering bearings a little tweek. [problem solved). Thanks for the help. Turbo , formerly of Obsession Engineering , ARS , Huffaker ,ect

My Vmax came with a crossover tube tying left and right air pressure. Now I wonder how one balances the air in a Vmax front end besides what mother nature can do with that crossover tube installed? :ummm:

Also, not sure how anyone can visit a forum looking for answers to a specific problem without using the SEARCH feature to find previous posts for fixes, then come back and be sarcastic regarding only having gotten 8 replies. :confused2: :bang head::bang head:

My Vmax came with a crossover tube tying left and right air pressure. Now I wonder how one balances the air in a Vmax front end besides what mother nature can do with that crossover tube installed? :ummm:

Also, not sure how anyone can visit a forum looking for answers to a specific problem without using the SEARCH feature to find previous posts for fixes, then come back and be sarcastic regarding only having gotten 8 replies. :confused2: :bang head::bang head:

the later (93+) years didn't have a crossover.

Last week i asked if anyone knew how to fix a scarry wobble in the front forks when slowing down. I was suprised that no one answered with a cure. I was curious to hear from the experts out there. Well thanks a bunch. Actually ive been building bikes all my life starting with an indian papoose at the age of 10. Next was a harley hummer that came in boxes. Ive built dozens of english bikes and a few hardleys in my day . I currently have a Suzuki 1200 madura and a V-max in my garage, if you dont know what a madura is dont race one for money. Its just like a vmax with out the govenor (v- boost). The wobble fix was as simple as balancing the air in the forks and giving the steering bearings a little tweek. [problem solved). Thanks for the help. Turbo , formerly of Obsession Engineering , ARS , Huffaker ,ect

Never heard the v-boost referred to as a governor before! :ummm::confused2::ummm:

the later (93+) years didn't have a crossover.

Wonder why Mother Yamaha did that? Seems like a fubar to me.

But speaking from an engineering viewpoint, I can't, for the life of me, figure out how one fork tube, being pressurized differently than the other, would, in any way, shape or form, cause even the slightest of wobbles under deceleration. Shouldn't/couldn't do it. Bad tires would certainly cause it. Crummy road surfaces could do it. Bad or misadjusted neck bearings would allow it to happen. But unequal air pressure in the forks?

:ummm::ummm:

Back