Airbox

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
Two questions lol

At the front underside of the airbox there is a provision for a tube, the clymer says to fit said tube when reinstalling the airbox. I do not have the tube lol. Can someone tell me what the tube is for and where it is supposed to go?

The crankcase breather tube that feeds in the back ofg the airbox that is a pain to get connected, can I cut it off and fit a small filter, is there another way to vent the cranckcase, any suggestions?

Thanks

The front small tube is just a drain. It has a small filter at the base of the airbox (seen from the inside).

The rear tube connects to the fitting in the center of the intake. I'd leave it connected or get a fitting and tap a "T" into it and run it to the oil fil cap. This will enhance breathing/ring seal and let you make just a tad more HP.

Sean

The front small tube is just a drain. It has a small filter at the base of the airbox (seen from the inside).

The rear tube connects to the fitting in the center of the intake. I'd leave it connected or get a fitting and tap a "T" into it and run it to the oil fil cap. This will enhance breathing/ring seal and let you make just a tad more HP.

Sean

So can you tee into the line for a "normal" vmax? One that doesnt have stage 7...or your muscle jet kit, and get a bit more horse power?

Sean
Anyone has a pic of this set up?

Anyone has a pic of this set up?

Don't know about a pic, but the instruction for the muscle kit describe how to install the "T" and run the hose to the oil filler cap. You also need a special oil cap to connect into.

I can either sell you a billet cap or you can simply get a barbed fitting and drill/tap it into your own cap.

Sean

lol...I want a muscle jet kit....but first things first...I want the Ignitech TCI, and frame braces...

Here are some pictures of my oil cap-to-tee setup.

Sean's replacement barbed oil cap/ my billet clamp

IMG_0657.jpg

my SS braided tubing

IMG_0867.jpg IMG_0667.jpg

Sean's tee ("t's" into factory crankcase breather tubing)

IMG_0658.jpg

Yes, unless something REALLY BIG happens I will NOT be getting another batch of these wheels. I THINK they will last the year based on previous sales but you never know!

Anyway, the full kit (suggest for the full exhaust equipped bikes) runs $300 with exchange of the airbox lid. The breather part only ("T", Hose, and Cap) would be $50 and would also be not needed if getting the kit at some later point (and thus you'd get most of that cost back off the kit).

Sean

I made my own a couple of years ago using the oem cap ground down and drilled and pipe taped for a 3/8 hose barb. I think there are advantages with any carb set-up. Like Sean mentioned, relieving the crankcase pressure helps ring seal for a little free HP.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Back