Where to find Forward Controls....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can tell you where to find forward controls, it's just that there's no 'reasonably priced' ones...

Maybe fleaBay if you're lucky!

There doesn't seem to be a big market for forward controls on the Vmax. Probably because you'd need crazy long linkages to reach, and there isn't any immediately convenient place to put the new pegs. Also, the pegs would have to be very widely spaced for the linkage to clear the "bump" in the case where the stator sits.

I have forward pegs on mine, that are first clamped to crash bars, then braced from the back of the peg to the frame to keep it from rotating when my foot rests on it. The crash bars on mine may be custom(they have a tab welded on for the frame brace), I don't know. If they are made somewhere, they make adding forward pegs easy.

There is no such thing as reasonably priced forward or rear controls.

Sean

Exactly the ones we sell (i've even got that exact bike in the shop right now getting some extra work done on it). The owner even made some simple floor boards for it though I would not suggest the boards if you do any aggressive cornering.

There doesn't seem to be a big market for forward controls on the Vmax. Probably because you'd need crazy long linkages to reach, and there isn't any immediately convenient place to put the new pegs. Also, the pegs would have to be very widely spaced for the linkage to clear the "bump" in the case where the stator sits.

I have forward pegs on mine, that are first clamped to crash bars, then braced from the back of the peg to the frame to keep it from rotating when my foot rests on it. The crash bars on mine may be custom(they have a tab welded on for the frame brace), I don't know. If they are made somewhere, they make adding forward pegs easy.

One more big reason is the $ involved in a good set. I've seen some in the $ 275-350. range , but did not look strong or good looking . Save up , they're worth it for long and comfortable rides.

Attachments

• Rollies '90 Big Blue Antique - Collectibles.jpg
    Rollies '90 Big Blue Antique - Collectibles.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 50
One more big reason is the $ involved in a good set. I've seen some in the $ 275-350. range , but did not look strong or good looking . Save up , they're worth it for long and comfortable rides.

+1 mines got some beaf to them and I love em

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yea. we're set up with them too and have had one set through the shop (on the purple bike). Well enough made but still not something I like much. The brake side needed a little work since it was binding and would not let the brake release without flicking it back with your foot.

Purchased mine from a fellow in the UK for about 600 US. Looked long and hard. These appeared to be the nicest of them all. I was not disappointed. All made from aluminum billet. High quality. Perfect fit. I'm 6'5", so it was well worth it for me. Much more comfortable ride for a tall guy, and it doesn't look bastardized. It looks like it belongs.

Back