18" wheels again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
This is now happening, a guy here in NZ wants one so I'm ordering a new wheel and making it work for a stock situation.
There are some wheels available from ebay but I don't know how reliable that source will be in the future.

The wheels pictured below are another source (cheapish) and are available all the time and will do the job. My question is , do you like them? Which ones?
Reason for asking is I wanted to gauge some interest before making any parts or purchases.
Rears only at this stage.

Attachments

• 50cal.jpg
    50cal.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 68
  • KoolKat.jpg
    KoolKat.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Retribution.jpg
    Retribution.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 60
  • AssKicker.jpg
    AssKicker.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 57
  • MalteseCross.jpg
    MalteseCross.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 53
Steve, if you can identify the wheel brand most people like I can setup as a dealer for them and offer a complete package.

Sean

Steve, if you can identify the wheel brand most people like I can setup as a dealer for them and offer a complete package.

Sean

These are Ultima wheels, if you mouse over the jpg's you'll see the specific name of each wheel.
It will be so much easier if you can carry them.

Not sure, the Ultima front end we got for my Father In Laws Harley was a super heavy turd but look very nice for the money. Steve, I am sure I can get them sourced.

Sean

Hi Jedi, I'm sure you know my avatar. I just wanted to throw some encouragement your Way since you might be taking on this project. You will fill a need, make some great contacts AND make some money for your efforts. I feel rears will be a big hit because of the tire size issue. No doubt everybody has a favorite Harley style wheel they would like to run. I run a digital speedo so fronts are a non issue for me but why not get a matching set if the price is right. If you can get converted wheel sets to Vmaxers for what some of these guys are selling just rears for, you will have a great deal of business and success. I hope it comes to fruition for you and the Vmax community!

Heres another company that offers modular wheels. They have "super lite" wheels and they also have H-D wheels. Not sure if any of them would work or not but here is a link to the super lite page.

http://www.pmfronline.com/wheels3_lite_modular.php

They would work although expensive. They are more than double the cost of the others. If people really want them that's ok but I'd like to be able to offer the lowest $$.
The wheel on my own bike cost $250

What's the weight on them ? Are they like RC wheels that are heavy ? Just wondering.

Not sure and I think it would vary between designs. I did weigh my own (pictured)
at the time but didn't record that info. From memory I think it was similar to the stock vmax but don't quote me on that.

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 26
They would work although expensive. They are more than double the cost of the others. If people really want them that's ok but I'd like to be able to offer the lowest $$.
The wheel on my own bike cost $250

I had no idea they could be bought for that much! I like the idea of light wheels and the design PFMR has are nice IMO but I'd rather save the $500. I guess deals like that are only found on ebay with some patience?

RC wheels are STUPID heavy... IMO if you're going to change wheels, you don't want to go any heavier than stock. Lighter makes SUCH a positive difference.

Chris

Not sure and I think it would vary between designs. I did weigh my own (pictured)
at the time but didn't record that info. From memory I think it was similar to the stock vmax but don't quote me on that.

:th_image003: I really like your style of wheel but the original ones you posted are great also! I REALLLY like the price that you were saying! I think I could afford that. I will keep an eye on this thread to see when they come available.

Make mine lite please. Unsprung weight increase is a no no for me. Got my fingers crossed.
P.s. The first one.

Latest posts

Back