2001 Carbon Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdtuffgirl2003

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. I don't fully understand the dyno stuff but the guy I bought my max from got these done. Just thought I would share-how are my numbers compared to standard?

Attachments

• IMG_4388[1].jpg
    IMG_4388[1].jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4389[1].jpg
    IMG_4389[1].jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 167
both look very good. do you have an a/f curve.

what mods were done to the engine/exhaust/intake?

Please forgive my lack of technical terms and knowledge :)

I know that the exhaust was changed to supertrapp and a dynojet kit was added.

I'm not sure beyond that. I have only changed things like the turn signals, mirrors so far bc it runs great!

would just the exhause and jet kit help that much?

Please forgive my lack of technical terms and knowledge :)

I know that the exhaust was changed to supertrapp and a dynojet kit was added.

I'm not sure beyond that. I have only changed things like the turn signals, mirrors so far bc it runs great!

would just the exhause and jet kit help that much?

probably, but honestly those numbers are great, i wouldn't touch it.

i'd be interested in the jet setup and the a/f curve tho.

Well the dyno jet kit (the PO couldve just changed the jets) or could be whats referred to as a stage 7 kit. And you dont know if those are slip on mufflers on stock head pipes, or after market head pipes, with slip on mufflers.

HP in the 120's is normal with stage 7 and after market exhaust.

I'm looking to learn. Is there an easy way that I can check the jet setup and the a/f curve? without screwing things up that is :)

I do know that the front forks were changed out too but that shouldn't affect the performance - just handling.

Well the simplest way to see if it has stage 7, take the faux tank off, and you will see 4 air filter pods. Now to see what kind of jets are in it, you will have to take the carbs off and physically get into the carbs, which might be more than you want to do.

For the A/F mixture, the simplest way that I know of is to get it dyno'd again. The one that I did, there was a sensor that went into the exhaust and thats it. There are other things to check A/F but as far as I know, they all require welding a bung into the exhaust, and then placing a sensor into the exhaust. Not that simple.

Now thats what i know....someone else on here might have an easier way.

I'm looking to learn. Is there an easy way that I can check the jet setup and the a/f curve? without screwing things up that is :)

I do know that the front forks were changed out too but that shouldn't affect the performance - just handling.

Maybe you could post up a few pics of it with the faux cover off, we can probly spot a few things like possible carb set up or header type just from looking.

All dynos are different before i would do anything i would dyno again. Example my bike pulled a 167hp and 111 torque at a good dyno shop. here at thunder the portable worn out dyno it pulled a 176 hp 120 on torque. If you re dyno and #s are close then i woldnt touch it.

And the 'Y' piece on top of the airbox has been removed, probly to get more air in, which does hint at some 'other than stock' jetting. Like to see the pipes tho, might tell us more.

meja7edy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supertrapp slip ons, airbox y removed. Possibly a stage 1 jet kit. If you're happy with the way it runs leave it as is. That's a good dyno run.

Dale

Latest posts

Back