2009 gen2 6000 miles stock $10,700

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
Just picked it up today. put about 150 miles on the way home. I must say the low end 1-4 sucks on pick up, but about 4200 it kicks you in the stomach!

Looking for some different exhaust systems that will give MAX performance.

Getting Big Air Kit from Holeshot. Any other suggested mods to do and which order should i start? Please any dyno results with mods would be great.

Just picked it up today. put about 150 miles on the way home. I must say the low end 1-4 sucks on pick up, but about 4200 it kicks you in the stomach!

Looking for some different exhaust systems that will give MAX performance.

Getting Big Air Kit from Holeshot. Any other suggested mods to do and which order should i start? Please any dyno results with mods would be great.

Congrats on your new to you VMax and awesome deal!!! Since you have ordered the Big air kit you need a good exhaust system, StarCycle-USA is running a "Buy it Now" sell on ebay for six different 3/4 4/2 D&D systems @ $836.20 and free shipping. If you like 4/1 systems there are four to choose from (1) UFO BattleStar full system and requires removal of swingarm for install (2) Brocks 3/4 system (3) UFO ThunderMax backhalf system and CycleShack backhalf system. Send your ECU to GuruedGear for a re-flash that best matches your intake/ exhaust mods for MAX power.

Attachments

• 312012_1.jpg
    312012_1.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 312012_2.jpg
    312012_2.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 72
Congrats on the gen2 and a great buy at that price.

I plan on keeping the factory exhaust on mine, but as FZ1 stated above the guys making the best power all seem to have a 4-1 exhaust, an air box mod and the Nash Flash. I'm holding out hope for a reasonably priced X-pipe before I go for the re-flash for mine... not likely to find one, but I might get lucky.

Scott

I was talking with my tuner that did my gen 1 vmax. and he was telling me a good way to tweak the new one is gut out the mufflers, put a k/n flat filter, and power commander V. he will tweek and get the commander for me for 500. 60 for k/n from ufo performance. But should get some good numbers out of that. I WANT 180+ at the wheel

I was talking with my tuner that did my gen 1 vmax. and he was telling me a good way to tweak the new one is gut out the mufflers, put a k/n flat filter, and power commander V. he will tweek and get the commander for me for 500. 60 for k/n from ufo performance. But should get some good numbers out of that. I WANT 180+ at the wheel

Congrats on the new Max....you are going to love it!

Sounds like your tuner may not have any experience with the Gen2.

The first thing I would recommend would be an exhaust system. The cat converter robs around 10 - 15 hp. There are quite a few to chose from.

As far as the Big/Monster Air Intake....it should not be used with the stock exhaust at all. It will seriously hurt the bottom end power. Even with a good pipe there is still a noticeable loss on the bottom vs the same pipe and std. air-box, but it will make more power on the top end.

I would also recommend against a PCV. A much better investment would be a ECU re-flash form GuruedGear.com. This will take care of all of the fuel tuning, remove the bog off idle, and improve all around driveablity.

All of this can be done for less than $1500.....and you will be making at least 185 RWHP. And you won't stop smiling every time you ride it!

Mark

Congrads on the GEN II, I have bout 500 miles on mine now.I will keep a stock(looking) exhaust on mine for a while, but I did pick up a cat that Im going to gut,I also have an Idea for some homemade cans. If the MAXGASSER sale goes good I'll be calling on Tim for a flash

At the starVmax site, there are a few threads devoted to dyno pulls and what mods have been done and where they came from. I was just looking at them the other day, several 190+ hp bikes.

so i'm thinking

UFO Thundermax 4-1 900 shipped
UFO k/n air intake with bracket 60
UFO MAX tuner 250

1230 total plus install
The exhaust and air filter are a good choice but the max tuner is limited to just adding fuel only and nothing else, you'll be $$$ and performance ahead with a 4N1MAB-V2 re-flash with your future set up.

Probably if someone is really in need of cash. and was looking at the 4N1MAB-V2 re-flash. about double wat i was looking to spend but if you all agree its a worth while product and will overall in prove my bike then i will bite the bullet

Bite the bullet...It's that damn good! And if you ever go with big air or different exhaust or as new versions of tune files become available you can have it "re-tuned" for $45.

The exhaust and air filter are a good choice but the max tuner is limited to just adding fuel only and nothing else, you'll be $$$ and performance ahead with a 4N1MAB-V2 re-flash with your future set up.

I'm not real big on the UFO stuff personally....but that's your choice. As mentioned the the Max Tuner is not something you want.
One other thing is that the ThunderMax is very LOUD......if you like loud that's the way to go, does sound cool, but LOUD.

Not sure if you are stuck on a 4-1 pipe but if not the V&H is a good performing pipe that looks very good and is the same money as the UFO pipe. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vance-H...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4601689791&vxp=mtr

The GuruedGear re-flash is well worth the money IMO.

Not really sold on it yet. around 900 is what i was liking to spend? then ecu reflash? So which one would i need to buy? if i got the vanes hines? I'm done for what ever. I have a 4-1 on the gen 1. LOVED it BUT WAYYYY TO LOUD. Neighbors HATED MY GUTS... want mainly performance but must have sound as well for under 1000.

Not really sold on it yet. around 900 is what i was liking to spend? then ecu reflash? So which one would i need to buy? if i got the vanes hines? I'm done for what ever. I have a 4-1 on the gen 1. LOVED it BUT WAYYYY TO LOUD. Neighbors HATED MY GUTS... want mainly performance but must have sound as well for under 1000.

This is the Flash version you want: http://guruedgear.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=74

And the K&N air filter: http://guruedgear.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=26

The V&H sounds great......nice and deep.

just bought the vance and hines cs one slip on exhaust, k/n flat filter, and about to buy the v2 flash from tim nash......

current numbers on mustang dyno 165 hp 108 torque
other dynos show about 10 hp more than this one.

should expect to see mid 185s on this dyno
195 on regular dyno

i got on it today getting on to highway...... and HOLY FUCK. i'm used to power but this really scared me :) i knew it was FAST but FAST is an understatement! this thing grabbed me by the balls. i've never had sooo much fun. but now i will really have to watch out for tickets. its hard not to go 80+ every where

just bought the vance and hines cs one slip on exhaust, k/n flat filter, and about to buy the v2 flash from tim nash......

195 on regular dyno

i got on it today getting on to highway...... and HOLY FUCK. i'm used to power but this really scared me :) i knew it was FAST but FAST is an understatement! this thing grabbed me by the balls. i've never had sooo much fun. but now i will really have to watch out for tickets. its hard not to go 80+ every where

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

195 on regular dyno

It is a freaking hammer, that's for sure! Congrats!

:clapping: I did the exact same thing last November the first time I got on the highway with mine. Had some traffic, picked my spot, did a head check and gunned the throttle. I actually said, "holy shit" out loud to myself and when I looked down at the speedo I was doing 110mph (indicated). I predict I'll get a ticket or two this summer until I get a "feel" for the speed on this thing. :biglaugh:

You'll have to be even more careful after the mods and re-flash. Good luck and ride safe.

Scott

Latest posts

Back