300hp Kawasaki---249mph---STOCK

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Stock" as it is not a street legal bike but a race bike produced by Kawi. Still impressive though.

So your 'right nut' is worth $50K?

I'd give my right nut for that bike...

Can you imagine what would happen if he went thru the wires/cables on that Turkish bridge? He'd be fish chum, looking like he had a date w/a Ronco Vega-Matic.

It is impressive. The street h2 can easily be modes and tuned to lay down the same hp. There is one in the upstate dynoingmsame as h2r

The big deal is this is a production bike you can buy, but not license for the road. Quite a bargain considering the million-dollar plus 4 wheelers cannot match it. In that respect, it's the best thing going. Best bang for the $. It's an image-builder, like a Porsche 959 was when they were released. Manufacturers call these performance limited-production vehicles, "halo vehicles." They bring glory to the entire line.

i am sorry but i just cant be all that excited...
for me its just a regular engine with a turbo bolted on a different looking bike.
and i say different,not good looking.

i can see ghost rider busa doing more than that and with way less money on youtube.
hell,if i set my mind to it i could do it myself too.
its not street legal,so i put it on every other crazy projects that we see around the world,and to be honest 300hp is on the low side for what we see today on those builds.

yes,its a statement from kawasaki,but its one thing that i can see other brands doing if they wanted to.
and better.

If you read any of the design phase articles, you'll know it was more-than 'just a regular engine with a turbo bolted on.' For one thing, at those speeds, aerodynamics play a very important part in attaining the numbers it does for top end and time to speed. Given a multi-mile room to run, no doubt it will go even faster.

I don't blame them for setting a 400 km/hr goal, what more do you need to prove? Sure, getting to a higher top speed is 'bragging rights,' but I'd say the guy on this can lay claim to some goals few people have ever reached in speed alone, nonwithstanding the brief 26 seconds it took to get there. Two wheels or four.

Many people have the knowlege to make HP #'s like this, but how-many can have the bike live at that speed, and be docile-enough to be ridden around town, normally? Yes, I know this is a 'closed-course only bike,' get the mere 200 HP one at a big $$ discount for your street use.

This is a total package, not meant for the average joe, unless he has $50,000 in funds he doesn't need. The aerodynamic work alone cost them far-more than that to build-into the bike, and is one of the reasons it's able to do what it does, without pitching-off the rider due to turbulence and instability.

I've written before about Mark Moisan, a FL guy who had an old-school carbed at-first, then later fuel-injected turbo GSXR1100 doing 229 mph in the CA desert during the Sportbike magazine "UFO Shootout." This was back in the very early 1990's. He could have probably gone faster, but the early carb set-up blew-apart on the top-speed run. His bike eventually was running a bit > 400 RWHP. But, turn the boost down, and I saw his wife ride it on the street.

If you put-together a high-HP bike to hit a bragging-rights dyno #, many people can do that but the longevity is very much in-question. That is not apparently an issue here, and that's why this bike is so-impressive.

i am sorry but i just cant be all that excited...
for me its just a regular engine with a turbo bolted on a different looking bike.
and i say different,not good looking.

i can see ghost rider busa doing more than that and with way less money on youtube.
hell,if i set my mind to it i could do it myself too.
its not street legal,so i put it on every other crazy projects that we see around the world,and to be honest 300hp is on the low side for what we see today on those builds.

yes,its a statement from kawasaki,but its one thing that i can see other brands doing if they wanted to.
and better.

I think its sweet although hard to argue in favor of the aesthetics or price, but an OEM turbo kicks open some interesting doors. This didnt really take off in the 80s but with turbo tech where it is now this should be an industry trendsetter, im sure in the he next 5 years we'll see Gixxer, CBR and others with factory turbo variants. It will be interesting to see how nasty the first turbo K bikes are, i can almost imagine a stripped, punched out GT 1600 with a TwinPower biturbo setup reminiscent of that on the 3 series. I just dont see this being ignored by other manufacturers.

Shots fired by Kawasaki.

what as the engine in special that hasnt been used before?
i didnt see any state of the art,first time out tecnhology but would like to know more ig you have any more info on this.
aerodynamics is a big role on this yes,but is it so state of the art?have seem people pass 350km/h on stock bikes(fairings).
the wings is a common sight on motogp...
dont want to be that guy,but need a little more than a 249mph advert to go that crazy...

If you read any of the design phase articles, you'll know it was more-than 'just a regular engine with a turbo bolted on.' For one thing, at those speeds, aerodynamics play a very important part in attaining the numbers it does for top end and time to speed.

I think Bill Warner's (RIP) 255 mph run on an unfaired! Busa was more impressive than that Kawi run. Bill Warner runs

Back