85 Drag Bike Project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam Jeff! Get those videos up! I can't imagine 10 times the pull of a 40 shot! How the hell do you hold on?

Morley's seat holds me in pretty well. But I am too tall and with the bike being slammed, and the seat being so low, I'm having a hard time getting into the right position.

You need to go ahead and put an air shifter on it and foot rests welded to the swingarm so you can lay over and hit the button.

Sean

You need to go ahead and put an air shifter on it and foot rests welded to the swingarm so you can lay over and hit the button.

Sean

Yep.... but what I really need is $500:biglaugh: I already have the MPS shift kit picked out, just need to get some $$$. That is basically my last high dollar item to get (besides adding nitrous, but I don't think I need that quite yet).

Right now, I have my pegs located where the rear passenger footrests go and have moved the controls back.... it isn't the prettiest, but it works.

Here are a few practice runs out on the highway. I was having some problems with my boost and found out my front 2 header pipes blew out the joints. Back to work... still has some pick-up, but not like last night. I was taking it easy on the launches as well. Still have some tach problems to sort out and lots of work to get done in the next week and a half.

Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXMquKwuWKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiYqZyFMb8s

If your trying to use the Dyna 3000 for a low end rev limiter your looking for problems washing the rings out or getting fuel into your oil which will have you doing a crank job before you make it to the track..

Is your clutch slipping into 2nd or tire spin? didnt see any white smoke haze.

foot placement is very important, one of the things I mentioned back 2-3 months ago.
One word of advice your not as stable with your legs stretched back on the swingarm, if you ever go out of control your chances of dumping it are pretty high compared to proper foot placement.
If I can sit on a dropped gixxer with my 6ft 7 ass and 37 in long legs I am sure its not to bad on a vmax. Drop the pegs low but no further back then your shoulders Becareful on that thing!

Nice Vid Clips! :punk:

I am gonna have to see what the schedule and weather brings this weekend. Maybe ride the R1 down to see this beast up close!! :worthy:

I've still got a chaindrive chassis and 1500 longrod engine laying around here I would like to get sold. The engine was setup to run on nitrous (ran 8.30's) but would easily run on the turbo (though I have all the nitrous stuff).

Sean

Last edited:
Conesville is a MUST attend. I have prior obligations and a cash shortage so I'm out in the May one this year. I will be at the September one though, too much fun to miss!

Conesville is a MUST attend. I have prior obligations and a cash shortage so I'm out in the May one this year. I will be at the September one though, too much fun to miss!

Don't you have a project to be finishing!! :clapping::rofl_200:

Well I have some VERY good news.... Yesterday was mothers day, so "happy mothers day" to any mothers out there, yesterday was also my 32nd birthday and thanks to those who wished me happy birthday yesterday. But the good news is, my wife is going to be a mother too! (and yes, I'm the dad.... as far as I know anyway:punk:) This will be our first and should be here sometime in mid December.

The other good news is I was able to make my first two 1/8 mile passes on the drag bike. I ran 6.7 @ only 112mph, but I was happy with it for many reasons. I had too much air pressure in my new Shinko Stealth Ultra Soft, I was spinning through 2nd, I was learning when to shift (and now know I need to shift into 4th as I was banging off the rev limiter for WAY too long going through the trapps), I had an electrical problem that I traced down to my T-boost setup for running my tach and it caused my ignition to cut out intermittently. It was good to get those 2 passes in and next week I should be ready to go! I really think this bike could see low 6's and 120 mph+ in the 1/8. I guess we'll find out next Friday and Saturday.

Jeff

Grats on the news about being a father Jeff! :th_image003:Just think in 8-10 years you'll have a pit assistant to hand you wrenches. :eusa_dance:
Keep up the good work on the track, I know you'll get there! :punk:

congrats. Better get all your budget on the bike spent soon since it is now getting ready to go somewhere else. It has to be yours since it has been too long since I was up there and spent the night.

Sean

Back