911 vmax race I mean ride (9-11-2011

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
We will be meeting at walmart in battle creek mi at 7:30am. This ride takes us into indiana for a short time. ( no helmet) And than over to Brooklyn Mi. Than up to onondaga Mi. We will be stoping at two cool biker bars and one hole in the wall biker bar. Its around 225 mile trip. As of know we have 4 bikes going. PM me if you need more info or want to ride with us.

I here we have a gen two going on this ride. This is your chance to see how your gen one can handle 500 more cc. I cant wait to get next to this bike. I need to know if i want this bike bad enough to pay the price tag. I know it looks mean as hell. Just like what the devil would ride. My plan is to wait two more years and find one with 5000 miles or so and buy it for $7000 or $8000. I will put his bike to the test and if he walks all over me I will be happy to know my next bike is a bigger rush from hell. If he dont get me by much or at all that will make me even more happy. I call this a win win.

Good luck w/the weather, have a safe ride & be sure to post-up how the Gen II compares.

In hitting Brooklyn, you are probably going right by the biggest music festival of 1970 in MI, Goose Lake, which had a stellar cast. I camped out there for 3 days and had a great time, was in college @ the time, summer break. Check out the handbill/posters.
http://makemyday.free.fr/70/mc5_posters_1970_4.htm

And a contemporary newspaper review:
http://www2.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=13036

If you love classic rock & roll, be sure to read this story, these guys began planning this one before Woodstock!

I was six in 1970. Thanks for the reply it brings back great radio memery's albums and 8 track's. My brother is 5 years older than me so i was around 70's rock in the day. I had a under dash 8 track pioneer supertuner in my car. I think a foghat 8 track took it out. Thanks again. Mike.

I don't think Vmax CHuck is much in to racing but I can tell you our gen 1 sleds have no chance with the gen 2. Looking forward to the ride......

You can outrun Gen II's as long as they are melting thier rear tires, once they hook up though your hosed. :rofl_200:

Hey Mike,
Sounds like a sweet ride. Not sure of the no helment thing, my luck I would take a june bug to the face and mess up pretty face, not to mention what pavement can do. I am goin to try my hardest to make it

Ya going to make this ride with us Bill?

Would love too but I have my boys that weekend and I dont think either of them would do well on the back of the max for an extended period, thier rides have all just been around the subdivision on my wifes vulcan. :rofl_200:

You guys aware we are supposed to have a Niagra ride on the 17th? I plan on going too it, if they pull it off.

I need to know asap if you will be attending the 9-11-2011 ride. I have 10 copy's of the ride itinerary that i will be handing out in battle creek michigan. So far we have beekeeper from muskegon michigan and chuck from grand rapids area and magnadude from lansing area and myself from adrian michigan area. If more rider's will be attending we need to know so we can plan accordingly. If more come we might change our starting point to accomodate everyone.

Would love too but I have my boys that weekend and I dont think either of them would do well on the back of the max for an extended period, thier rides have all just been around the subdivision on my wifes vulcan. :rofl_200:

You guys aware we are supposed to have a Niagra ride on the 17th? I plan on going too it, if they pull it off.

Niagara Falls ride is still a go as far as I know. Was at the host's house this weekend and he is gearing up for it.

I wish i could take that kinda time off work. It sound like alot of fun.

Just saw this post - I live in BC and I'm only five minutes from Walmart. I will try to be there, but I work third shift and 7:30am is a very difficult time me (due to my sleep schedule). Count me in as a possible/maybe. I can't confirm 100% as of right now (sorry).

Scott

Just got off the phone with 2fear out of Muskegon and he's in, he will get ahold of Wildman98 and Big john to see if they are interested, hopefully VmaxChuck from northern Grand Rapids is still going, I've been in contact with both Magnadude74 and Slobman from the lansing area, hopefully they can make it too, I've got a buddy riding my other bike and sent an E-Mail to a friend in South Haven letting him know about our ride, weather looks good at this point but you know how it is in Michigan, the meeting time is 7:30am Sunday the 11th at the Walmart Superstore parking lot in Battle creek Mi, the address is 6020 B Dr N, it's almost at the I94 66 interchange, just SE of it..........................Tom.

Im in! Looking forward to meeting everone! sure hope mother nature loves us.:punk:

Don't give me that crap sal98 I drive truck and only get 40hrs sleep a week. Pm me and I will give you the route and you can catch up. Mike.

Back