95max not running well

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holzer8657

Reaction score
When I started my 2005 vmax the other day the choke went down hard, seemed odd. Well when it started up it was not running well at all. Took the choke of and started driving and it is running like awful. Smells like it is flooded. Do you think it is possible that the choke can be sticking or maybe it fouled a plug or something. Even after a couple more days of riding no improvment. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Nope no leaks, or additives. The only thing different is this was the first tank of ethanol free super unleaded gas I put in. Stewart's just began selling it in my area.

Nope no leaks, or additives. The only thing different is this was the first tank of ethanol free super unleaded gas I put in. Stewart's just began selling it in my area.

Ok well lets don't put that crap in it again. Make sure everthing is closing as it should when you close the choke- sounds like something is sticking open.
I would run 1/3 can of seafoam in this tank. And then another 1/3 in the next tankfull.

Dragmaxster, isn't seafoam bad on the rubber components in carb? Asking because I had wanted to try it myself but was afraid to do so. And it sounds like something plugged in your carb. I had a similar thing happen also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok well lets don't put that crap in it again. Make sure everthing is closing as it should when you close the choke- sounds like something is sticking open.
I would run 1/3 can of seafoam in this tank. And then another 1/3 in the next tankfull.

+1. Watch all 4 carbs when you move the enrichener lever. They are only attached to the rod with set screws and could become loose and stop working in various states of opening/closing. Make sure all are functioning correctly first.

Dragmaxster, isn't seafoam bad on the rubber components in carb? Asking because I had wanted to try it myself but was afraid to do so. And it sounds like something plugged in your carb. I had a similar thing happen also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd i have to say i have never been a fan of additives- i tried seafoam in the peashooter and 1/3 in the tank and i'm sold.

What's wrong with ethonal free gas. :ummm:

Well checked the choke lever and they were working good. No hang ups. Added some fresh gas and added some sea foam and that worked wonders. Did drain some gas from the carb bowls 1 had a little dirt. Pulled 2 plugs they were not too bad. Pretty sure they are original. So I will replace them. But must have been some bad gas. Thanks for your help

I use 1 oz seafoam per gallon all the time. No issue for the last year.

Well checked the choke lever and they were working good. No hang ups. Added some fresh gas and added some sea foam and that worked wonders. Did drain some gas from the carb bowls 1 had a little dirt. Pulled 2 plugs they were not too bad. Pretty sure they are original. So I will replace them. But must have been some bad gas. Thanks for your help

You are welcome-- glad it is working.

Back