A corner of my garage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shot of the records on the rack, against one side wall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 24
Do you own any of these? Sell it and buy some Carrozzerias!
http://mentalfloss.com/article/77144/10-records-you-might-have-owned-are-now-worth-fortune

For example:

R-1436445-1233697817.jpeg.jpg

The Beatles's self-titled double album (which later became known as the White Album) originally released in 1968, but not all copies were created equal. The members of the band and executives at the studio were given copies stamped with serial numbers that began with A00000, each in consecutive order (A000001, A000002, etc.). The very first copy, which Clifford J. Yamasaki of Let It Be Records purchased from an executive at Capitol Records in the 1970s, sold in 2013 for $35,000, a year after the copy with serial number A0000023 sold at auction for $13,750. The odds that you once owned a copy of the album that had a low serial number are slim to none, but not impossible.

Here's my copy I purchased in Chicago probably Dec. 1968, at Katz:

attachment.php

It was released in the USA November 22, 1968.

Attachments

• The Beatles White Album and serial no..JPG
    The Beatles White Album and serial no..JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Since we're speaking of shops....I just got the floor finished and haven't had much time to do much else.

Attachments

• 20160419_155309.jpg
    20160419_155309.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20160426_120641.jpg
    20160426_120641.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 19
Do you own any of these? Sell it and buy some Carrozzerias!
http://mentalfloss.com/article/77144/10-records-you-might-have-owned-are-now-worth-fortune

For example:

R-1436445-1233697817.jpeg.jpg

The Beatles's self-titled double album (which later became known as the White Album) originally released in 1968, but not all copies were created equal. The members of the band and executives at the studio were given copies stamped with serial numbers that began with A00000, each in consecutive order (A000001, A000002, etc.). The very first copy, which Clifford J. Yamasaki of Let It Be Records purchased from an executive at Capitol Records in the 1970s, sold in 2013 for $35,000, a year after the copy with serial number A0000023 sold at auction for $13,750. The odds that you once owned a copy of the album that had a low serial number are slim to none, but not impossible.

Here's my copy I purchased in Chicago probably Dec. 1968, at Katz:

attachment.php

It was released in the USA November 22, 1968.

Ah...the White Album! Like I'm sure many others on this forum.....I HAD it back in the day....but ain't got it now. :sad2:

Just good health and happiness, doing what you want, when you want, and as often as you want.
Which is what retirement should be all about.
Cheers!
Miles,

It is so hard for me to take anything you say seriously while looking at your avatar, I tried very hard to read your replies but I can't help looking at your avatar and a whole different thought comes to mind. Of course I'm sure that when you picked this picture being it something funny or even you has for I don't know who you are and what you look, either way makes it difficult to take anything you say seriously.

I mean this in a lighthearted funny way.

Ron

Miles is one of the most-serious posters on the forum, he's always making well-considered statements. He just has a subtle sense of humor. And to see his ride, you know he's not a 'sometimes' rider. It's for going the distance.

One of my brothers was just in FL for business and he stayed w/us. I showed him the records rack I had just completed, and to show him the variety of stuff I have, I pulled out some Zappa and a copy of 'Purple Rain' I have.

Miles is one of the most-serious posters on the forum, he's always making well-considered statements. He just has a subtle sense of humor. And to see his ride, you know he's not a 'sometimes' rider. It's for going the distance.
Thanks, Medic.
I can't understand why Ron would be offended by my pic, unless..........he maybe is envious of my looks:ummm:
Cheers!

The blind man's concept of beauty is not limited by one's appearance. It is enhanced by awareness of one's behavior, attitude, and speech and the manner in which one interacts with others.

Latest posts

Back