A Special Day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee in texas

Reaction score
Always Remember -

We are not " Land of Free and Home of the Brave"
We are " Land of the Free Because of the Brave"

To all fellow Brothers - I salute you !!!

:flagwaver:

Hoo rah , thank you to all who served , those who serve , and especially those who gave all. R.I.P. brothers , there is no hell for you , you've already served .

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Happy Veterans Day to all of our troops and those of our Allies. No matter where you are, We Care...............

Always Remember -

We are not " Land of Free and Home of the Brave"
We are " Land of the Free Because of the Brave"

To all fellow Brothers - I salute you !!!

I would say, all men are born free, and evil men may try to take that freedom,
then the brave must defend it, or lose it.

But what is freedom to you is not freedom to another, so we may have a problem in definition. I no way believe I am a free man any longer, no matter how many wars we can fight at any one time, or how many soldiers are in uniform,,,I am far less a free man today than 50 years ago, or 12 years ago.

O

I would say, all men are born free, and evil men may try to take that freedom,
then the brave must defend it, or lose it.

But what is freedom to you is not freedom to another, so we may have a problem in definition. I no way believe I am a free man any longer, no matter how many wars we can fight at any one time, or how many soldiers are in uniform,,,I am far less a free man today than 50 years ago, or 12 years ago.

O
But ask yourself this: Where would we be without the veteran?

Let us take caution not to Deify the Generals or military, this can lead to very serious problems as to who actually ends up running our country.

O

WE are supposed to be running this country . Not the politicians , special interest groups OR the military.

Let us take caution not to Deify the Generals or military, this can lead to very serious problems as to who actually ends up running our country.

O
No one is "deifying" anybody. But if you look at history, if not for our military, we would have been conquered and subjugated in every war since this country's inception. And I personally believe that any person holding the office of President should have served in the military, in order to understand the office and duties of Commander-in Chief. Just my opinion.

No one is "deifying" anybody. But if you look at history, if not for our military, we would have been conquered and subjugated in every war since this country's inception. And I personally believe that any person holding the office of President should have served in the military, in order to understand the office and duties of Commander-in Chief. Just my opinion.

Concerning WW2 I agree.

All the other wars, I think not. Certainly Vietnam has not subjugated us,,but we are losing jobs that have moved to that communist country.:damn angry:

So if I am a First Lieutenant I would automatically fully understand the "office and duties of Commander-In Chief"?

O

"So if I am a First Lieutenant I would automatically fully understand the "office and duties of Commander-In Chief"?

You are trying to put words into my mouth. I did not say that a First Looey would automatically FULLY understand anything. But I do believe that even many sergeants would be better equipped to lead the military than a "community organizer".
And I should have been more specific about the wars. I was primarily thinking of WWI and WWII, in which we were definitely threatened.

A little late posting here but this is what I posted on FB:
"...a special thanks to all women and men that have served our great country so bravely and with distinction. You have helped millions throughout the world understand our country's pride and compassionate strength."

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/flint/index.ssf/2010/11/another_view_service_to_countr.html

Very nice Brian! I thinik it is great that the men and women serving and who have served our great country are getting the favorable recognition their sacrifices deserve.

It wasn't always that way....it wasn't all that long ago that you would be hesitant to acknowledge you were a recently discharged vet....lots of civilians were really down on us then.

I'm pleased that is no longer the case.

Back