Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't be afraid , it may have killed you at 21 . :rofl_200:

Hey! I resemble that remark! :biglaugh:

Let's hope the "killed" part doesn't come true! Then again, in my experience, it's not the bike that is trying to kill me. It's everyone else!

... I'm afraid your graph is proving our beloved Max to be a midlife crisis bike ...

:rofl_200:

I noticed a similar thing when I saw pics of the various owners at rallies and hook-ups when I first trolled the forum. But it was more like the pics reminded me of my childhood days when I would purposely go out of my way on my bicycle to ride past "those cool men on the other side of town messing around with their goat, jacked-up blazer, and boggy buggy" just by the off-chance i could catch them revving the $h!t out of their motors. granted my mind's eye is in need of some corrective lenses, but seeing past their mullets and sideburns, i recall those guys as being in their late 20s to mid 50s, maybe early sixties. i think they were like two dads with their boys and a friend of the one of the boys. so if my Max is my mid-life crisis, then i happily accept it--i'd rather be that "cool" guy that a 9-year-old goes out of his way after-school in order to see an man in his "middle years" revving the bajeezies out of his 100-some horses. :punk:

I'll periodically check in on this thread. As long as folks keep participating, I'll keep graphing. Prolly like on a weekly basis.

:biglaugh:

53 now, 52 when I got the long awaited Vmax. :punk:

My son "Vmaxrktetr" got his this spring at 20!:clapping:

Looking forward to riding together soon. Difficult with him in Colorado and me in Ohio. When I was out to visit last weekend I rode his up the mountain to Estes Park and back. B-E-A-utiful ride especially with the Aspen trees in full golden color shining in veins amongst the forest pines!

Saw some elk too, glad they stayed out of the road!

Last edited:
That almost happened to me and my girl the other day...We were cruising kinda slow and from the left I caught site of 2 huge deer bolting right at us. I slowed down a little and they split us one in front the other in the rear. Missed but barely! SHE NEVER EVEN SAW THEM!!!!:confused2::confused2:

23 when I bought my first Vmax put 65,000 on it......47 now with 2nd Vmax and passing 45,000...................24 years and about 105,000+ miles.....YIKES!!...I'm getting old............so are my bikes....:rofl_200:

23 when I bought my first Vmax put 65,000 on it......47 now with 2nd Vmax and passing 45,000...................24 years and about 105,000+ miles.....YIKES!!...I'm getting old............so are my bikes....:rofl_200:

you're 47?!?!?

maybe i'm a bad guess of character but i thought u were in your late 30's, maybe 40/41..

Were you fearing something like this coulda happened? :rofl_200:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oymHHyV1M

If you listen closesly he makes a chewbacca sound after he gets nailed at around 22s. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: :stretche:How do you not see that thing coming at you, it's as big as a HORSE???

On another thought, maybe it's better he doesn't see it than seeing it and realizing there is absolutely nothing he can do to avoid getting hit. :ummm:

If you listen closesly he makes a chewbacca sound after he gets nailed at around 22s. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: :stretche:How do you not see that thing coming at you, it's as big as a HORSE???

On another thought, maybe it's better he doesn't see it than seeing it and realizing there is absolutely nothing he can do to avoid getting hit. :ummm:

i think he DID see it. around 4s or 5s, he points at something off-screen, quite possibly the hartebees. perhaps the biker figured that the thing wouldn't attack him.

I'll be 29 in a month, got 2 beautiful kids, and I hope to have this bike until the day I die...or whenever my boy gets old enough to ride it. Maybe by then I'll be able to get a 2nd Gen. Haha!

57 and been riding on the street since I was 15. The last 25 years has been Harleys and had my V Max for almost a year now.Have put 4,000 miles on it and every time I ride puts a smile on my face.:biglaugh:Mike

I've been riding in the dirt for 10 or so years and finally decided to give the street a go. I'll be 34 in January.

41 always had sports bikes in the past 70's models through to the '03 Ducati Monster 916 which I sold cos my body hurt when I rode it. Although most of my mates have retired to Harleys I'm not ready to give up horse power so I've gone for the best of both worlds. Power of V-Boost and comfort of Maxgasser, I'm lovin it and so is the cook.

Wow...just read 14 pages of vmax love stories haha.
The bike sure does seem like the highschool 'she's out of your league' machine, only to come back later and attain what we all desire.

I just got mine 2 weeks ago, I'm 28. As a poor kid in highschool, 1000$ was a lot, and enough to put 2 ugly wheels under me in the form of a 500cc 82' shadow. The Vmax dream was only that. After that, went to school in hawaii where I purchased an ~03-04 Suzu B1200. Rode that for 2 weeks until i injured myself so badly (not riding) they thought they would amputate my leg. Couple years later finds me mostly recovered and back in MN. I buy an 88' shadow 1100. Have that for a year, never use my PTO at work, got a better job, and all my old job's PTO money, and whoa...i can afford the beasty. Its been heaven for the last few weeks on that thing. Too bad minnesota winters are what they are. The vmax will hibernate now for the next 6 months. piss and vinegar. Maybe when I'm 60, I'll have enough green saved up for the Gen 2.... still love the Gen 1's styling so much though.

I started riding when I was 6 years old. I have owned and ridden every make and model you can think of. Even some that you have never heard of. I wanted a Vmax in 83 when I read the reviews in the mags and in 84 when they hit the streets for the early releases. I only recently added this bike to my stable. I never rode one til I owned one and the one I bought was the 85 I wanted when I was a kid. The oldest bike Ive ever owned is a 1956 and the oldest bike Ive ever ridden was a 1908. I tell people all the time "you know how many dream bikes Ive had???.......All of them.." :worthy::worthy::worthy:
I have always and will always ride. Im 43 now my girlfriend and my VMAX are the same age.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
I guess Im stuck in the 80's:punk::punk:

Back