Airbox question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
Hi guys I noticed that with the honda Nighthawk that i had e few years back and my Max that when you mess with the Air box the bike runs like crap.I had snowmobiles years ago and a 1972 chevelle that I changed how the air came in to the carb and never had a lean condition or engine choking for air or fuel .Can someone explain this to me .I guess if I put four pod filters on my Max it would run like crap also?.Right now I am running 4 into 1 exhaust with stage 1 jet kit and a K&n filter.:ummm:

I understand your dilemma....I also do not get it...never affected my hot rods in the past, but on motorcycles????
I also run a 4 into 1 with a makeshift stage one, and k&n filter. I used to run pods on my max also, but switched to another set of carbs and never bothered putting back on.....you will need air correctors to run them, and are pretty cheap...$2 each from DJ........
I put pods on my FZ1 and only had to put a larger main jet in.....must be the CV carbs...

I have a set of good used pods for sale if you want...they are the K&N's,
won't be cheap, but cheaper than new.....

I guess if I put four pod filters on my Max it would run like crap also?.Right now I am running 4 into 1 exhaust with stage 1 jet kit and a K&n filter.:ummm:

Your guess would be right. If you increase the volume of air introduced to the carbs, eg no airbox, Individual pods (stg 7), ram air, Morley's kit, You are going to need to pic up some air correctors. This will fix the issue.
Sean can hook you up as well as Dynojet and a few others out there.

Latest posts

Back