All goodies ordered

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckzx9

Reaction score
Ok I ordered a set of black carrezzera rims, a notched and braced swing arm coated black, all seals and bearings and a set of progressive springs with the lowering blocks. :biglaugh:
I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself. I've wanted radials ever since Garrett made me take his bike for a ride 2 years ago. It's finally going to happen.

Can someone that has carrezzera rims please recommend a good tire. I am putting a 200 on the rear and am thinking about a 130 upfront. Any ideas or suggestions.
Thank you in advance

I don't have Caz wheels but I like the Shinko Verge...

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Christmas comes early!

I'd like all-that stuff, but the bill would probably exceed my bike's net worth, and I already have radials. Send-in the pics when it's done.

Ok I ordered a set of black carrezzera rims, a notched and braced swing arm coated black, all seals and bearings and a set of progressive springs with the lowering blocks. :biglaugh:
I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself. I've wanted radials ever since Garrett made me take his bike for a ride 2 years ago. It's finally going to happen.

Can someone that has carrezzera rims please recommend a good tire. I am putting a 200 on the rear and am thinking about a 130 upfront. Any ideas or suggestions.
Thank you in advance

Christmas comes early!

I'd like all-that stuff, but the bill would probably exceed my bike's net worth, and I already have radials. Send-in the pics when it's done.

I will definitely send pics. Before during and after. Yeah my bike will be paid off in February. I bought it brand new in 09 as a left over :clapping:
I'm sure it will be money well spent :punk:

I'm looking foreward to the Pics, Before and After are definitely the way to go.
That lets us compare it both ways.

This is great news Mark! You're goning to fall in love with your Vmax all over again! Congrats!
I'm running a Shinko Verge 200/55R-18, the only other 18"/ 200 tire is the Metzler ME880 200/50R-18.
The general consensus is the Shinko is stickier, cost less but with a shorter life while Metzler still grips well, cost more and lasts longer.
Current pricing at Motorcycle Superstore is:
Shinko Verge: $152.99
Metzler ME880: $235.99

I'm running a Shinko Verge 200, the only other 18"/ 200 tire is the Metzler ME880 200/50R-18. The general consensus is the Shinko is stickier, cost less but with a shorter life while Metzler still grips well, cost more and lasts longer.

Yeah I think I'm gonna go metzler I like the thread pattern also. Thanks

Both are good tires and I have installed and ridden both. The Metzler is actually a tiny bit larger and will for sure last longer.

It is an investment but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It will be just like you bought a new bike again.

Sean

This is great news Mark! You're goning to fall in love with your Vmax all over again! Congrats!
I'm running a Shinko Verge 200/55R-18, the only other 18"/ 200 tire is the Metzler ME880 200/50R-18.
The general consensus is the Shinko is stickier, cost less but with a shorter life while Metzler still grips well, cost more and lasts longer.

The Verge only comes in 200/50-18 for the rear but its the same height basically as a 170/80-15 tourmaster so it works very well, I've got the 200/50-18 on my bike and it handles like a dream and I've pulled 1.70 sixty foot times at the track with it so far and I'm sure I can improve on that yet :)

Yeah I have a little time and need to explain to the wife that tires don't dome with rims. She doesn't know that part yet :confused2:

I just assumed she knew that right :biglaugh:

But thanks for all your replies. I will have plenty of photos before during and after the install. May have Steve bring his camera or I can take with iPhone

The Verge only comes in 200/50-18 for the rear but its the same height basically as a 170/80-15 tourmaster so it works very well, I've got the 200/50-18 on my bike and it handles like a dream and I've pulled 1.70 sixty foot times at the track with it so far and I'm sure I can improve on that yet :)

Right you are Scott! My "5" finger is a little twitchy tonight!:rofl_200:
I agree on the handling desription as well, the turn-in is sweet making me forget about the 3" extension of the wheelbase. I haven't tried out the strip yet but I'm sure the lighter wheels coupled with the longer wheelbase the learning curve won't be as steep as with a stocker.

Right you are Scott! My "5" finger is a little twitchy tonight!:rofl_200:
I agree on the handling desription as well, the turn-in is sweet making me forget about the 3" extension of the wheelbase. I haven't tried out the strip yet but I'm sure the lighter wheels coupled with the longer wheelbase the learning curve won't be as steep as with a stocker.

I wouldn't have said anything as I figured it was something like that but I've seen others say they were a 55 series as well and if you plug those numbers into the calculator then it makes for a way too tall tire and I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about them.. I really wish I could afford wheels because my welded Kosman with this tire is about 7lbs heavier than the stock wheel with the 170 Shinko but I just don't have $2200 to spend on wheels :( btw, redbone looks awesome!!!

I'm currently running Michelin Pilot Road 2. Not sure if they have a 18in rear available as I run a 17. Dual compound tires with several different compounds available for the rear. Harder in the center for long lasting highway miles and softer on the sides for better grip in the twisties. I run the "B" compound designed for heavier bikes. Had it at the strip and had more than enough traction in the center with minimal warmup. Absolutely fantastic tires imo.

the shinko verge 120 front is a nice tire. i have been liking the 130 advance shinko as well. the 120 throws the speedo off. the 120 verge is about 1.2" shorter than stock whereas the 130 is about .6". (both diameter measurements so they sit 1/2 that away from the fender).

i'd say with the 120 tire youd' want some fender lowering blocks of sorts whereas the 130 you won't need them.

looks like the verge can also be had cheaper here:

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Pro...-874091.aspx?gclid=CKn3v8-X0bMCFQWe4AodImsAmQ

pics below. full shot of bike is 120, just forks is the 130.

Attachments

• IMAG0489.jpg
    IMAG0489.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMAG0842.jpg
    IMAG0842.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 28
the shinko verge 120 front is a nice tire. i have been liking the 130 advance shinko as well. the 120 throws the speedo off. the 120 verge is about 1.2" shorter than stock whereas the 130 is about .6". (both diameter measurements so they sit 1/2 that away from the fender).

I like the look of the 120 front. But, my bike handels very well with the 110/80/18 and the height matches my rear tire well. I might go gloss on the finish this next tire change.

I like the look of the 120 front. But, my bike handels very well with the 110/80/18 and the height matches my rear tire well. I might go gloss on the finish this next tire change.

i hear ya but mark will have a 3.5" front so that opens a lot of doors as far as options go.

Thank you in advance

That rat bastard did that to you too?!?!?!?!?!..............I haven't been the same since either :damn angry:

Yeah i like the 130 idea to be honest with you.

i think it fits better. you may have to slide your fender ever so slightly tho fyi. it might slightly hit the inside but it should be fine. i was like a piece of paper or 2 clearance.

That rat bastard did that to you too?!?!?!?!?!..............I haven't been the same since either :damn angry:

hold on hold on. this is all Bills fault. he made me take his bike out with radials in august of '10. this can all be placed back to him!

Back