annoying tuner giving my VMax shi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next time you have a conversation with the guy find out what the perfect bike would be to have and own, because I want one............

I was working on a friend's Vmax at the begigning of the season, a neighbor came over and basically was talking similar shit. It turned out he was beat by one.

Next time you have a conversation with the guy find out what the perfect bike would be to have and own, because I want one............

I made an exhaustive study of what the perfect bike would be and was convinced it was the FJR1300....so I bought one!

Now I find the plastic drags the rocks on the river bottoms, it's too powerful to run in the fields when the grass is wet and it's too heavy and unstable for the ruts in the logging roads! I'm simply crushed over this!!

D'ya think maybe the perfect bike doesn't exist? :ummm: Say it ain't so!! :bang head:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Perhaps this 'tuner' has lusted for a v max forever but his wife won't let him have one or, as KJ said, he got his ass handed to him by one and just can't accept the reality of that!! :punk:

I made an exhaustive study of what the perfect bike would be and was convinced it was the FJR1300....so I bought one!

Now I find the plastic drags the rocks on the river bottoms, it's too powerful to run in the fields when the grass is wet and it's too heavy and unstable for the ruts in the logging roads! I'm simply crushed over this!!

D'ya think maybe the perfect bike doesn't exist? :ummm: Say it ain't so!! :bang head:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Perhaps this 'tuner' has lusted for a v max forever but his wife won't let him have one or, as KJ said, he got his ass handed to him by one and just can't accept the reality of that!! :punk:

:rofl_200::punk:

hey KJ maybe he was beat by a nicely blacked out vmax with a little squeeze on it hahahahha

:rofl_200::punk:

hey KJ maybe he was beat by a nicely blacked out vmax with a little squeeze on it hahahahha

He bagged on that too, the typical "Nitrous is for people that cant build engines."

I told him I've never had an issue with it or the people that run it. then told him I had a plate set-up in the Dodge, that now resides in a friends car, that was set at a 200hp shot, and had a system on my snowmachine.

Then his kid let the cat of the bag. Apparently he had a system in his car and blew the engine sky high at the drags, But according to him is was set-up right, but to hear the kid describe the pop, sounded more like he was running a stupid amount of jetting. He left shortly after.

The thurst washer would not probably be practical. The standard thrust surfaces are on the inner journals and would have to be a split design since the crank is one piece. Many of the older cranks and sportbike setups use pinned cranks that can split into sections allowing for even roller bearings to be used.

We've added oiling passages to the thrust area and do have a fix for damaged thrust surfaces.

On most sportibkes they use a plain bearing that is replaceable. Yamaha simply mills the case and uses the raw aluminum finish as their bearing surface.

See pics of the oil mod and bearing surface in my facebook albums.

Sean

The thurst washer would not probably be practical. The standard thrust surfaces are on the inner journals and would have to be a split design since the crank is one piece. Many of the older cranks and sportbike setups use pinned cranks that can split into sections allowing for even roller bearings to be used.

We've added oiling passages to the thrust area and do have a fix for damaged thrust surfaces.

On most sportibkes they use a plain bearing that is replaceable. Yamaha simply mills the case and uses the raw aluminum finish as their bearing surface.

See pics of the oil mod and bearing surface in my facebook albums.

Sean
Yes, I understad the idea.
The reason im asking is almost always the block is being destroyed when we have spun bearing - the thrust aluminium part of the block is damaged - then we have to much side play.
The splitable design of thrust washer is not a big problem - I was thiniking this way we can safe some engine cases.

We have a bearing we split and install but it's just getting the surface back to normal (though the bearing we use has impregnated lubricant in it). It just requires some special machine work to install and by the time you add in the price of the crank and rods I can sell you a good core for less.

Sean

Yup, you are propably right - at some point the machine work can overprice the price of good core.
Anoter story if you have a "good connection" with machine shops so you can make it almost for free.
Im wondering where to get bronze plated sheet?
Need to find one!

You can give me a clue if you want LOL

take your bike somewhere else on principal alone ,who wants this ass clowns bad carma wiping off on your bike.you can bet your farm if hes raced at all hes been beat bad by the max!!!hes likely one of these guys that spent every dime on a hog trying to beat a stock vmax!!! If my bikes so easy to beat , how come noone ever wants to race?they are shit scared to ride them(to be honest so was i when i hopped on mine for first time),wobbling front tire and rim, uneven old fork oil, wore out sterring head bearing,bad switches/connections.after 4 months its rock solid and nasty !!! let this guy change your signals or something dumb ,thatll really get him going,watch him the whole time and tell him the story about this guy you know , spent everything he had trying to beat the max,lol

Latest posts

Back