Anyone Tune Carbs in MD?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1261

Reaction score
I just did the shotgun cleaning and it helped a little but I think my carbs need some tweaking. Can anyone in MD help me? I would come to you of course. Thanks,

Chris

If there is not someone local there are a few guys here you can ship them to and they will send them back looking new again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I'll be there in a couple weeks, but in that time you could send them to dannymax...

If the shotgun helped a little try doing it again....if you don't see any improvement the second time it may be time for a thorough cleaning.

Where are you in MD, I'm bowie/upper marlboro...

I rebuild my carbs last year... I did the shut gun thing wd 40, remove the floats bowls clean in there. Put the carbs back on the bike it ran ok and started something again. I pull the carbs apart again this time everything apart. I found

where my clogs was in the jet blocks white like stuff clogging it up.
I took all metal parts and boiled them in lemon juice the acidic cleans the parts real good I been using it to clean parts for years. And then used wd40 to clean acidic off. this just me mind you doing it this way..

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/carb/walsh/walshcarbs2.htm

Attachments

• carbrebuilt2.jpg
    carbrebuilt2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 11
  • carbrebuilt4.jpg
    carbrebuilt4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 9
  • vmax carb apart..jpg
    vmax carb apart..jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 8
  • P1020788 (1).jpg
    P1020788 (1).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 9

I rebuild my carbs last year... I did the shut gun thing wd 40, remove the floats bowls clean in there. Put the carbs back on the bike it ran ok and started something again. I pull the carbs apart again this time everything apart. I found

I took all metal parts and boiled them in lemon juice the acidic cleans the parts real good I been using it to clean parts for years. And then used wd40 to clean acidic off. this just me mind you doing it this way..

Interesting, thanks. I use simple green with some sucess in my ultrasonic cleaner. I'm always looking for safe cleaners. No, matter what, I always finish off with hot water and a blow gun.

Last edited:

Interesting, thanks. I use simple green with some sucess in my ultrasonic cleaner. I'm always looking for safe cleaners. No, matter what, I always finish off with hot water and a blow gun.

Here's info about lemon juice cleaning. Man cool that's the 1 thing I wish for, I had ultrasonic cleaner.

http://housekeeping.about.com/od/environment/a/lemonscleaning.htm

Latest posts

Back