Arai helmet owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasondon

Reaction score
Looking to buy a new helmet, I went by the stealer today and I like the way the Arai Profile fit the best. The rep working told me Arai's down fall is that they are the noisiest out of Arai, Shoei, and Suoy. He said the nice thing is they are one of the coolest because of all the venting.

Any opinions? I know these are top notch helmets, so just thought I would get some feedback before taking the plunge.

Cheers,

Jason

Looking to buy a new helmet, I went by the stealer today and I like the way the Arai Profile fit the best. The rep working told me Arai's down fall is that they are the noisiest out of Arai, Shoei, and Suoy. He said the nice thing is they are one of the coolest because of all the venting.

Any opinions? I know these are top notch helmets, so just thought I would get some feedback before taking the plunge.

Cheers,

Jason

get yourself a hjc ac 12, i will never bye a different helmet, it's so lite you dont even know you have it on.

I like my mine. I would get what fits best and is lightest. I think Arai and Shoei are equal weight

Buy the most comfortable. A quieter helmet won't mean shit if it gives you a headache after 10 minutes of riding.

Right now I've got an Arai QuantumF and a Shoei RF1000 and they're about even in the noise department. I do agree that the Arai is a little cooler on a hot day, though. Both fine helmets, IMO.

Sounds good, the Arai definately fit the best, but I didnt try that HJC. I dont have to worry too much about hot weather, we dont get a lot of it up here. Thanks for you input

Buy the most comfortable. A quieter helmet won't mean shit if it gives you a headache after 10 minutes of riding.

I 2nd that.

Fit is the most important.

I have the Shoei X-11, venting is excellent, Arai was slightly better. Quietness was slightly better with the Shoei. I had an Arai and sold it.

Shoei or Arai, wouldnt say one is that much better than the other.

HJC has always been a pretty darn good helmet especially for the money. They give me a headache.

I got my Shuberth C1 real cheap second-hand (it was all but new) and I love it.

Super-practical flip-up design, very comfy, and the most quiet flip-up I've ever tried. I would love to get a C2 or even the latest C3, but at $5-600.. These are real quality item - better than all the top japs. Remember those Shuberth are what used to be BMW helmets. Top gear.

If you prefer full-face in one piece the Shuberth S1 is rated quietest helmet on the market today in many tests and reviews, and is also a top piece of kit with built-in inner sun visor, brilliant ventilation, anti-mist visor that works washable removable liner etc etc.

I also love the quick-release strap on mine - just like a safety belt and light-years ahead of the ol'double 'D' strap nonsense!

Go with comfort. I wear a Shoei TZR, least expensive of
all the Shoei's but its comfortable. You can always wear
earplugs which a lot do. Have a friend who modified his
existing plugs so his ipod will work. You can also buy plugs
allready set up for this if you like to ride with tunes. Arai
is great quality and you have allready said it fits best, sounds
like you allready found your helmet.
Chris

Something to consider when shopping for a helmet is the price of new face shields. The ones for my Arai are $50, but the ones for my new HJC are only about $20.

I have an Arai Signet because it fits my long-oval head and comes in an XS, and the shell is sized right. Rather than fit tons of padding in a big shell and call is small, Arai makes a smaller shell. Also, it is an ugly color and I got it half price.

The Arai is MUCH noisier and heavier than the HJC. I got the HJC a month ago because I finally found one of the CL-15 (to fit my long oval head), and its shell was no bigger than the Arai.

The Arai face shield is a real challenge to change out. The HJC is much faster and simpler (and cheaper) to change.

When this Arai's face shield is done, I'm retiring it because the HJC is lighter, quieter, and cheaper to own. I think Arai is overpriced. And they don't even make my Signet any more.

I finally found one of the CL-15 (to fit my long oval head), and its shell was no bigger than the Arai.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it....:rofl_200:

4011170.jpg

Arai quantum 2 i have is noisy ..have nothing else to compair it too...feel good after all day off riding...and after my head bouncing of the highway for 200 feet at 95 mph...my head felt great didnt feel a thing

"after my head bouncing of the highway for 200 feet at 95 mph...my head felt great didnt feel a thing"

and that is the only important factor in purchasing a helmet. mine is noisy as heck but its comfortable enough i dont mind wearing it.

Cheers,

Jason

I have an Arai RX7 Corsair, your boy is right on, nosie as hell. Very easy fix, called ear plugs.

Thanks for all the feedback. I usually do wear earplugs, cuts down on the fatigue on the long trips. I dont care too much for design/graphics, looking for safety first and foremost, then comfort.

That conehead looks like bubbles from Trailer Park Boys, not sure if you guys get that show in the US?

I wear an RX7 Corsair. I disagree that changing the faceshields is a hassle, it takes about 3 seconds to do, just a matter of getting used to the mechanism.

The fit is extremely comfortable, and can be tailored in many dimensions by the interior pads. I personally think it was worth the money, but if money *is* an issue, remember you're not buying a "super helmet" just a very nicely made helmet, I wouldn't sell the farm to get one.

As noted, the Arai flows a TON of air. Very nice in some respects, but it is a noisy lid. I wear earplugs if I do anything but bounce around town.

Hope that info is of some use.

Back