Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone, I had a temporary bout of insanity and bought an 02 Vmax Cali model a couple days ago. Previous owner was a bike mechanic so it seems to be in excellent mechanical condition. Has the Kerker 4-to-1 exhaust, the low profile oem windscreen, LED lights and is jetted pretty heavily. This this really pulls hard even at low revs. It's my 5th bike but honestly scares me a little bit :) Paid $3500 so I figured it was a decent deal considering condition and 15,000 on the odometer. I'm really looking forward to riding it around some Tennessee back roads this spring! Any other Tennesseans on here?

Welcome ! I live in Maryville

All you guys are all close together and I have the whole entire state of SoDak to myself! Dont make me have to build a wall!:rofl_200:

Welcome Sulaco, quite a nice bike.

Hey everyone, I had a temporary bout of insanity and bought an 02 Vmax Cali model a couple days ago. Previous owner was a bike mechanic so it seems to be in excellent mechanical condition. Has the Kerker 4-to-1 exhaust, the low profile oem windscreen, LED lights and is jetted pretty heavily. This this really pulls hard even at low revs. It's my 5th bike but honestly scares me a little bit :) Paid $3500 so I figured it was a decent deal considering condition and 15,000 on the odometer. I'm really looking forward to riding it around some Tennessee back roads this spring! Any other Tennesseans on here?

Hi there, and congrats!

That's a pretty good price. I bought my Cali model 2002 a bit over a year ago, paid $4000 for 6800 miles. Mine was stock, so if you got pipe included in the deal then you scored! Everything custom on mine I put on and paid for it. Watch that mod-monkey, his teeth sink in deep, straight to the wallet! lol

Just bought an 85 V Max thats been slightly modified. Think I'm going to love this bike.
73087481745dbe1f27169327603e48bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone!
Im Hudson, im from Brazil and i did enter here in the Vmax Forum about one month ago, when i thought in buy some vmax, because i was in love for they. So, in the last week i bought a 94' Yellow Vmax.
I changed the Engine Oil, coolant and final transmission (cardã) oil.
In this week i had trouble with cluth, it loss without symptom, i bleed the system, the cluth come back but today i lost it again. I will change in this week the master cylinder repair and support to solve the problem.
So, i look forward to stay here many time with you!
Thanks so much, and since now sorry for english errors!
Hudson. :punk:
Here a pic of my vmax:
8EQSN

Hi Everyone!
Im Hudson, im from Brazil and i did enter here in the Vmax Forum about one month ago, when i thought in buy some vmax, because i was in love for they. So, in the last week i bought a 94' Yellow Vmax.
I changed the Engine Oil, coolant and final transmission (cardã) oil.
In this week i had trouble with cluth, it loss without symptom, i bleed the system, the cluth come back but today i lost it again. I will change in this week the master cylinder repair and support to solve the problem.
So, i look forward to stay here many time with you!
Thanks so much, and since now sorry for english errors!
Hudson. :punk:
Here a pic of my vmax:
8EQSN

my clutch lost all its fluid a few weeks ago ,fitted a slave cylinder repair kit and so far so good and not noticed any fluid loss since

my clutch lost all its fluid a few weeks ago ,fitted a slave cylinder repair kit and so far so good and not noticed any fluid loss since

Really? Its so bad because we cant go anywhere without the cluth :(.
But with mine, i dont find leak and havent fluid loss, only bubble in the line...
I think the last post the pic dont worked, i will try now haha.
Thanks!
Hudson.
picture.php

Welcome Hudson. Keep working on it. It's worth it in the end. Always feel free to ask questions here. That's one of the things that makes this forum great.

Welcome Hudson. Keep working on it. It's worth it in the end. Always feel free to ask questions here. That's one of the things that makes this forum great.

Thanks Mr.!
Yeap, this forum is so amazing, so helpfull and so great!
Here in Brazil we dont have nothing similar...
Again, thanks so much!
Hudson

Really? Its so bad because we cant go anywhere without the cluth :(.
But with mine, i dont find leak and havent fluid loss, only bubble in the line...
I think the last post the pic dont worked, i will try now haha.
Thanks!
Hudson.
picture.php

its probably the master cylinder seals if its not leaking anywhere

Hello all, me to the forum, (about 3 weeks now), just need getting the figured out a bit. Not sure if this is where I'm supposed to introduce myself as a newbie or not, at the end of another guys intro? Anyway, from near Edmonton Alberta Canada. I feel in love with these machines when I was sixteen, my cousin bought an 85' and let me borrow it for an overnight trip to another city. Wow, ever since then I was hooked, can't believe it to till I was 46 to actually own one. Just bought an 07', with 26,000 km's or 16,250 miles on it. Drove to the Yukon in -27F for 3 days almost non stop, 2081 miles to go get it! Don't regret it at all. I simply cannot wait to hear that mill through the Mike's Performance exhaust as I blow through the gears!
Haven't been on the forum long, but am already super impressed with the knowledge and experience I'm finding here. Already bought some fatmax bags for my Max via the forum! So looking forward to getting to know some people that share my passion for these machines, would love to hook up eventually and do some rides with fellow owners.
Thanks to all that contribute, share and help out here, glad to be a part of it.
P.S. how do I join the VMOA, is that an official membership thing?

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much, glad to be here. Can't wait now till summer gets here and I can post a couple actual riding stories!
Thanks for the welcome!

I was 46 when I got mine a couple years ago, and have wanted one since they were introduced. Of course I had to make a few "alterations" to make her my own, lots of ways to do that and some good info here.

Welcome!

If you've owned a VMax more than a few months, expect the Mod Monkey to be paying you a visit soon...

Funny you should say that Bill, already have the rear grabrail and rack assembly off to get powdercoated black. Bags on the way, super easy for the mod monkey to get on your back eh!

I'm actually a little surprised at how many miss there are out there for the vmax, Exactrep has lots in their website, but really, I just live the way these bikes look basically the way they are. Just needed some bags so me and the bike can see some long trips, and some color touches for personalization. All this said with still not having ridden the beast. I do hear a bit about frame stiffeners and fork supports, but really don't know yet if those are good/ performance or safety based upgrades worth doing? Senior Max guys?? Advise?

Back