Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Are you a new member? Come and say "Hi!" here

I am a new member here and I have registered with VMOA (just need to send info/$ in and wait for Membership #):eusa_dance:
I purchased my "red" '92 vmax 6/15/07 and I'm really enjoying "Redbone". It had 4300 miles on it and purchased from original owner. I hit 5500 miles on this weekend while riding with my brother and his FZ-1. It is a bit wiggly in corners but a lot of fun nonetheless.:biglaugh:
I ordered new tires (Avon "V" rated, ft/back). I have a Tracy Design's "Gauntlet" windshield and a factory sissy bar mounted on it. Future mods I would like to do is Yamaha crash bars, probably a seat (Morley's or Sportmax..?), upgrade front brakes, drill out exhaust and maybe more. So far the stock seat has been ok, longest I have ridden is about 100 miles (between fuel fillups) but it needs top be recovered :wink: .
The things about the vmax I will have to live with for now are handling (new tires might help?) and the gas mileage (around 33 mpg).
This site has a ton of good info and cool, friendly atmosphere I am glad I found it!:punk:
Be well and talk to ya soon!
Brian

Welcome Brian! I highly recommend Seans seat... He's a great guy to deal with! Plus he's a member here and a moderator of one of the forums!:thumbs up:

Had a pasty lately?:whistlin: :ummm:

I am a new member here and I have registered with VMOA (just need to send info/$ in and wait for Membership #):eusa_dance:
I purchased my "red" '92 vmax 6/15/07 and I'm really enjoying "Redbone". It had 4300 miles on it and purchased from original owner. I hit 5500 miles on this weekend while riding with my brother and his FZ-1. It is a bit wiggly in corners but a lot of fun nonetheless.:biglaugh:
I ordered new tires (Avon "V" rated, ft/back). I have a Tracy Design's "Gauntlet" windshield and a factory sissy bar mounted on it. Future mods I would like to do is Yamaha crash bars, probably a seat (Morley's or Sportmax..?), upgrade front brakes, drill out exhaust and maybe more. So far the stock seat has been ok, longest I have ridden is about 100 miles (between fuel fillups) but it needs top be recovered :wink: .
The things about the vmax I will have to live with for now are handling (new tires might help?) and the gas mileage (around 33 mpg).
This site has a ton of good info and cool, friendly atmosphere I am glad I found it!:punk:
Be well and talk to ya soon!
Brian

Where you at the in UP? Ive been doing a lot of work up there. Just got done with some papermill called smurfitt stone in ontonagon and a few weeks ago i sprayed the entire enbridge energy pipeline. It runs the entire length of the UP starting in hurley WI and heading down highway 2 till you cross the mack bridge.

I just left this morning now im in some town called shawano wisconsin.

U know it is BEAUTIFUL up here in the north woods but i noticed people seem a lot friendlier in chicago and other places you wouldnt expect. Also i noticed there are very few fat people, and hot women. Chris could find his soulmate up here with all these angry rotten toofed imbred beaver women

btw pasty's rock!

Yah, I missed having authentic pasty's when I lived down in troll land, Georgia, Louisiana, and Washington state. But even now they seem not as good as when I was kid growing up here.:hmmm: I usally have one every week, but for sure every other Thursday(payday) when they go on special in the cafe next to where I work.
Sean's seat looks nice and will probably order one of his during downtime this winter. I always like to support vendors that are dedicated to their work. From all the great feed back that I've seen here and other places, Sean must do a helluva job. :thumbs up:
I live on the east end of the U.P. about 20 miles west of da Soo (Sault Ste Marie, Mi.), near a town called Brimley. As far as the west enders go I really only met a few of them I didn't much care for. But I guess I can say that for almost anywhere I've been.:biglaugh:

Last edited:

I see me some NooB's...

Come-on boys...:whistlin:

Hi everybody,

I met a Vmaxer at the Rally this weekend and he's now a member here. :punk:

If you got the time give a big welcome to Idaho ALR Max,

thanks. :thumbs up:

Re: New member

When it rains it pours,

I just ran into a guy here in Pocatello that just bought an 96 3 or 4 weeks ago!
It's in great condition: RMS sportmax rear, Dale Walker Holeshot exhaust & Frame braces, Works rear shocks, and a lot of little touches.

Finally another Vmaxer in my town. :punk:

I will be coaxing him into the forum as well, so if he pops up give him a warm welcome, if ya got the time.

So Idaho is steppin' up and being counted!!

vmaxinID- Pocatello
rdrossco- Blackfoot
Idaho ALR Max- Idaho Falls
cool1442- Coeur d' Alene
dudev- Idaho Fals
88vmx12- Twin Falls

Last edited:

WOW, Im the only Vmax in all of Northern Idaho?
Getting ready for a new kidney Tuesday, so off the bike for a bit. Next spring a long solo ride down south. maybe meet some of you south Idhao guys.

WOW, Im the only Vmax in all of Northern Idaho?
Getting ready for a new kidney Tuesday, so off the bike for a bit. Next spring a long solo ride down south. maybe meet some of you south Idhao guys.

Uhm... WOW! Good luck with that...

Is that to make the Max faster?? :whistlin: :rofl_200:

Well yet another newbie, They call me Sarge online retired Army 20 years plus. New to the MAX not riding. Just picked up an 07 VMAX I had to drive way across town to pick it up and wow so far so good. Of course I have not been able to get into it due to it only having a few miles on it, but I do look forward to the day I can open her up so to speak.

I too remember the TV commerical back in 1985 when the Max came on the seen. It was awesome, so awesome in fact I brushed it aside, due to the power and brute strength the bike had. As the years went by I forgot about the MAX never seen to many on the road anyways. Had several bikes since then, but most recently I had a 03 Kawasaki Mean Streak. I do not think it was all that mean, just the ride home on the MAX from the dealership was enough to let me know I had made a fine choice.

As I said I am new to the MAX and hopefully I'll have a beautiful relationship with her as I am not getting any younger myself. I'll keep it simple though and 100 % stock with the exception of engine guards and a sissy bar for the old lady. Those red flames are cool. One thing though if I can figure out how to remove the seat to get at the battery that would be nice, I am having the damnest time trying to figure that out without breaking something. I guess when my plates come in and I go to pick them I'll stop by the service shop and have them show me. Also first time my bike has ever had a center stand, damnest thing trying to get the bike up on it. What am I missing here is there a trick or tip or two?

Glad to have found this forum as I am sure I'll have alot of questions as the years go by.......oh yeah I am in Texas if any of you are down that way.

Last edited:

Well yet another newbie, They call me Sarge online retired Army 20 years plus. New to the MAX not riding. Just picked up an 07 VMAX I had to drive way across town to pick it up and wow so far so good. Of course I have not been able to get into it due to it only having a few miles on it, but I do look forward to the day I can open her up so to speak.

I too remember the TV commerical back in 1985 when the Max came on the seen. It was awesome, so awesome in fact I brushed it aside, due to the power and brute strength the bike had. As the years went by I forgot about the MAX never seen to many on the road anyways. Had several bikes since then, but most recently I had a 03 Kawasaki Mean Streak. I do not think it was all that mean, just the ride home on the MAX from the dealership was enough to let me know I had made a fine choice.

As I said I am new to the MAX and hopefully I'll have a beautiful relationship with her as I am not getting any younger myself. I'll keep it simple though and 100 % stock with the exception of engine guards and a sissy bar for the old lady. Those red flames are cool. One thing though if I can figure out how to remove the seat to get at the battery that would be nice, I am having the damnest time trying to figure that out without breaking something. I guess when my plates come in and I go to pick them I'll stop by the service shop and have them show me.

Glad to have found this forum as I am sure I'll have alot of questions as the years go by.......oh yeah I am in Texas if any of you are down that way.

Welcome Sarge!
Wait till it's broken in... Mine is stillgetting stronger at 1600 miles...:banana:

Introducing myself..

Hello folks, I just wanted to drop in and say hello for the first time. I just registered a few minutes ago and I'm really glad I found this website, as I've been looking for a forum-based, V-Max only discussion board like this for quite a while and I think I'm going to like it here.

I've owned 2 V-max's so far, with one being a souped-up black 1985 while I was in college and another red 1995 that I still have now. I don't get to ride as much as I would like due to my busy work schedule, but hopefully that will ease up soon so I can enjoy my machine before the weather gets crappy.

Anyway, hello guys (and gals) and I'm sure I'll see you around here soon. :)

Re: Introducing myself..

John, welcome!

:cheers:

Mark

Thanks Mark. :cheers: Here's a crummy pic of my current machine..

Attachments

• 1995 yamaha vmax.JPG
    1995 yamaha vmax.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 21

Looks nice and clean!

Mark

Thanks Mark. :cheers: Here's a crummy pic of my current machine..

Nothing crummy about that BackFire...Welcome! Chevrolet and Vmax, we must already be friends :punk:

:cheers:
Neil

Hello folks, I just wanted to drop in and say hello for the first time. I just registered a few minutes ago and I'm really glad I found this website, as I've been looking for a forum-based, V-Max only discussion board like this for quite a while and I think I'm going to like it here.

I've owned 2 V-max's so far, with one being a souped-up black 1985 while I was in college and another red 1995 that I still have now. I don't get to ride as much as I would like due to my busy work schedule, but hopefully that will ease up soon so I can enjoy my machine before the weather gets crappy.

Anyway, hello guys (and gals) and I'm sure I'll see you around here soon. :)

Welcome!

Where 'bouts in the Midwest M8?

Back