Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Chief!!!!

GREAT song:eusa_dance:

Oh.....by the way.......anything over 150 is just showing off:biglaugh:

get one of our overdrive transmissions which will let you take it to an honest 200 mph. BUT, you will never get even close to that without a big bore engine (which we can do too).

Sean

Just checking in. New to this board. Used to post here and there on the board across the pond. I've had two max's over the years. My latest is a 93 that has been in a million pieces for the last two years. Blew out 2nd gear. Ripped it all apart. Had the frame, swing arm and body panels all custom painted copper. Then lost interest in it. So there it still sits. Getting around to looking at it again. Still haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do with it yet. But I am enjoying some good reading going on.

I am new here. I have a 2004 that I picked up last season. I never drove one till then, although was always a huge fan. There is no looking back now, I'm too busy just tryin to hang on !!

New member. Just got my first Vmax 2/15/10. Have owned 3 diffrent Harleys up to now(74Sportster, 1999 FXDX, and 2004 Duece). I have always wanted a Vmax so when they changed them in '08 I sold my Duece and bought a 2001 Vmax with 1700miles on it. I love it so far but havent rode it much yet. It will be close to 70 degrees this weekend in SC, so I'm goin to burn up some gas. Thinking about signin up for the ride in Pittsburgh(BIG,BIG STEELERS FAN GO WARDY WARD 86) but not sure yet. Waitin to see if their will be any riders from GA, FLA, NC going up first. Cant wait for the spring, later

New member. Just got my first Vmax 2/15/10. Have owned 3 diffrent Harleys up to now(74Sportster, 1999 FXDX, and 2004 Duece). I have always wanted a Vmax so when they changed them in '08 I sold my Duece and bought a 2001 Vmax with 1700miles on it. I love it so far but havent rode it much yet. It will be close to 70 degrees this weekend in SC, so I'm goin to burn up some gas. Thinking about signin up for the ride in Pittsburgh(BIG,BIG STEELERS FAN GO WARDY WARD 86) but not sure yet. Waitin to see if their will be any riders from GA, FLA, NC going up first. Cant wait for the spring, later

damn man that'd be a hike! altho i guess its shorter than my trek of pittsburgh from boston via utica. we'd love to have ya tho.

Heh, 870 miles from here to Brownie Run Central! I'm gonna need to do a oil change before I get home, I should be around 3000 miles for 11 days riding!:punk:

Thanks for the welcome guys! Just checking in . Thought I'd post a pic of my attempt to dress up my stock carb covers. These two things mean allot to me and I think they look allright on the bike (both sides match). They will be there until I can afford the "V-Gas" conversion I want to do.
Carbart2.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys! Just checking in . Thought I'd post a pic of my attempt to dress up my stock carb covers. These two things mean allot to me and I think they look allright on the bike (both sides match). They will be there until I can afford the "V-Gas" conversion I want to do.
Carbart2.jpg

very nice. how are they attached. welcome as well!

I scrubbed the factory coating off and buffed them with a dremel and then scuffed the centers with some 400 grit and used just enough black permatex to hold them on (after letting them sit flat side up overnight). They are on there pretty good. I used a similar technique to secure home made crank case guards on my dirt bikes in the past.

Don't waste your money on the V-Gas carbs unless you strictly want the look (Which can be replicated with custom carb covers).

We haven't tried it yet but I think we might be able to engrave a set of covers with your logos. Then maybe even chrome or two tone powdercoat them to make the engraving stand out. Need to email me if interested.

Sean Morley
[email protected]

Hello guys,
I joined this forum last year, and I want now to tell everybody hello.
Sorry for delay. I?m from Czech republic.
Now I have 2nd max 2001 with couple of mod?s,
first was totaly crahed by me :damn angry:
I found that this forum is like big family.I must say thank you to every who share all kind or experience with Vmax and for your help each to others.

Thank you again
Nicas

Attachments

• PIC_0248 mal?.jpg
    PIC_0248 mal?.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PIC_0262.JPG
    PIC_0262.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Carbart2.jpg

Real nice "Gunny" and welcome, from another swabbie!! :punk:

hi there new to the site this site is awesome i have had my v max for awhile but you never stop customizing it just got a new exhaust i still need to put on but bike is in storage. thanks Sean m for advice on final drive. Jack A Calhoun
VMOA # 4460
Kewanee
Portable: 309-853-6669
[email protected]
User Info
Member since 2006
Expires 08-May-2010
P T W
4460.jpg

'01, color burgundy ,stage seven jet kit,kerker exhaust,pingle air shifter,dymag rims,avon tires,after market cams,steering stabilizer,raptor shift light,veypor speedometer and progressive suspension.

hi there new to the site this site is awesome i have had my v max for awhile but you never stop customizing it just got a new exhaust i still need to put on but bike is in storage. thanks Sean m for advice on final drive. Jack A Calhoun
VMOA # 4460
Kewanee
[email protected]
User Info
Member since 2006
Expires 08-May-2010
P T W
4460.jpg

'01, color burgundy ,stage seven jet kit,kerker exhaust,pingle air shifter,dymag rims,avon tires,after market cams,steering stabilizer,raptor shift light,veypor speedometer and progressive suspension.

Welcome radar!! Looks like the 'Memory Tree' in the background! :punk:

Hello guys,
I joined this forum last year, and I want now to tell everybody hello.
Sorry for delay. I?m from Czech republic.
Now I have 2nd max 2001 with couple of mod?s,
first was totaly crahed by me :damn angry:
I found that this forum is like big family.I must say thank you to every who share all kind or experience with Vmax and for your help each to others.

Thank you again

Nicas

VMOA # 4460
Kewanee
[email protected]
User Info
Member since 2006
Expires 08-May-2010
P T W

Welcome Nicas and Jack to VMaxForum.net! :cheers::welcome_sign:

just wondering can you check air pressure of your forks on a gen one with a regular tire air guage

Back