Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello all just wanted to say hi, so glad that are lots of people here who share the same passion for the v-max ! mine is a 2001 dale walkers full exhaust so far going to have sean morley do the seat this winter plus some chrome ! he seemes to be a really knowledgable guy and very helpfull also like he folks at outlaw still like my 2003 hd duece havent had a max since 88 thought it was about time again !

Hi everyone just joined...looking for some info on anybody that sells an additional tank for my vmax. It has to fit where the dummy one goes as the extended larger fuel tanks in the frame will foul my monoshock 330 rear wheel conversion? Steve Taylor and Exactrep no longer make these fuel tanks ...any help at all?

Hey Guys, Steve here from Seattle. I just got my first V-Max a couple days ago. I've been lusting after one for years. My wife is an angel for letting me buy this 1990 model with 37K miles on the clock, ESPECIALLY since two weeks ago I bought an 81' CB900F Super Sport that was supposed to me my new main ride/project bike!

photo-9.jpg

I have talked so much about my love for V-Max's over the years, and had never seen one come up for sale around here in my price range. When she saw that it was an attainable buy for me, she didn't even hesitate to approve an unprecedented 2nd motorcycle in two weeks. Only problem now is I do have to make room, that means the 900F has to go.

As nice as the Honda is, this is no contest. I've been getting to know the Max over the past couple days, and I'm completely in love with this thing. It reminds me in many ways of my old XJ650, which I rode for several years, up until last year actually, when I sold it for a BMW K75, another long time dream bike of mine which turned out to be a total yawn. :( Just a little too refined for Riff Raff like me, I guess!

Anyhow, thanks for the awesome forum everyone! I'm totally stoked on my V-Max and can't wait to make it my own. I already know what I want to do with it to get started, I'm looking to upgrade brakes and suspension, repaint bike and reshape and recover the seat in a style and color I'll save for later to tell you all about. It's simultaneously the most powerful and yet easiest to ride bike I have ever rode, and I'm gonna have her for a long time.

photo-12.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks. I'm 46 now, had a motorcycle DL since 1985. The V-65 Magna and the V-Max were the bikes that got me interested in motorcycling in the first place, but I never owned either. Until now.

My Max is a 1993 with almost 22k on it, that I snagged on EBay a couple weeks back for a bargain basement price. Its got some corosion issues, primarily cosmetic, but it just needs a little TLC. I'll be leaning on the knowledge base in this forum quite a bit, I'm sure. It's already proven invaluable.

I'll have mo' better pics in a few weeks, 'til then:

566905707_2010540172_0.jpg

Welcome aboard!

You are defiantly on the right forum, the website is awesome and the members here enjoy helping others reach their goals.

Hi to all; I'm from Naples, NY. I've owned three Vmaxs, a '89, a '01, and the '09 my wife surprised me with when I retired 2 years ago. They have all been great rides. I met some new friends at "rice o rama" in Ma. last weekend and they told me this is a great forum. So here I am. Hope to really enjoy it.

Ron

Hey all, Tully Mars here. Been riding Motorcycles since I was 12, at 15 got my first street bike a KZ440 Kaw. Been in and out of them since then, always dreamed of a VMax since they came out in 1985.

Picked up my first 2 weeks ago, a 2006 in almost new condition with 9100 miles on it. Just got done changing every fluid in it, they didn't look bad but have piece of mind now.

Polished on it for 3 hours and now it looks brand new.

Other bikes I have owned were a Yamaha XJ650 Maxim (one of my favorites), Honda V45 Magna, Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit (1997) and a couple of HDs.

Hi, new member from Michigan. Bought my '98 used in '01 - still have it, still love it and would like to have a genII someday.

Scott

Welcome to the site, Battle creek isn't too far south of GR, there are a few of us in here from the area, we need to get together for one good ride before the season ends! Poncho looks good too!...............Tom.

Hey Guys and Girls, I am another newbie, after 15 years of dreaming i finally got my first Max. Listen to this one lads............ my wife bought my a 98, silver, Vmax with 20,000 miles and totally original.
She either loves me, or hates me and hopes I wipe out on the Max!
Seriously thou, we plan to go touring and I have already started on a few mods and just recieved all the body work from the paintshop yesterday. The bike is now black and beautiful. I was in my workshop till 1am and had to be dragged away from the bike.

Cheers guys ......Michael

Welcome Michael! You found the best place online for anything Max :) We love 'em round here, and you'll find tons of info and answers to just about any question you may have.
Beware of the mod monkey, he's a wee bit nasty to yer wallet when he bites..

DSC00793.jpgHey Guys and Girls, I am another newbie, after 15 years of dreaming i finally got my first Max. Listen to this one lads............ my wife bought my a 98, silver, Vmax with 20,000 miles and totally original.
She either loves me, or hates me and hopes I wipe out on the Max!
Seriously thou, we plan to go touring and I have already started on a few mods and just recieved all the body work from the paintshop yesterday. The bike is now black and beautiful. I was in my workshop till 1am and had to be dragged away from the bike. Here is the old girl as I got her, and how she is now!

Cheers guys ......Michael
progress.gif

Attachments

• DSC00823.jpg
    DSC00823.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to the site, Battle creek isn't too far south of GR, there are a few of us in here from the area, we need to get together for one good ride before the season ends! Poncho looks good too!...............Tom.

Thanks, Tom... send me a PM if you guys put together a ride of some sort and, hopefully, I can join in on the fun.

Scott

Hi guys.This Aussie has just found your site,I like what I see!I've got an '85 that i found 10 years ago,but I loved them for a lot longer.I've done as much as I could to him to improve brakes(braided lines etc.) and handling,progressive springs,damper valves, after market rear shocks,frame braces and tyres.I've also lightened the load by ditching the standard exhausts and blinkers and done some cosmetic updates.A few more things are in the pipeline and I want to take it a bit further from original now!I'm sure the ideas and info here will help a lot!

Back