Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brady, the fact that you chose a silver 97 shows you are an intellegent person!..........:rofl_200:............Welcome and have fun!

Thanks for the welcome!

@Beekeeper: The silver is cool, but the plan is to black it out!

That's just one of many things on the ever-growing wish list. First is suspension. After riding a Buell for several years, the Max felt like I had to wrestle it around every corner. I just slid the forks up about 3/4" (thanks to suggestions on this site!) and it handles like a different bike. I also drilled out the stock exhaust as a stop gap until I can afford the full system. The growl never ceases to bring a smile to my face. I've already embarrassed a couple of chopper boys who thought their tarted up toys were bad.
biglaugh.gif

The sinister black look is cool and fits the Max well, drilled my exhaust out also and like it much better, I plan on raising the tubes as well to improve handeling.....................Tom.

same here. drilled out the exhaust until i can afford the full up. which one did you do beekeeper and dashikun? 5 holes in outer baffle and/or did you mod the inner baffle?

Just the 5 holes in the outer area, really like the sound and it's a free mod! not ready to spend a grand on an exhaust system yet, I really like the stock look and am trying to keep it that way as long as I can, Though I must admit 2Fears Holeshot system sounds awsome!......................What do you plan for yours?

I also did the 5 holes between the rivets. I started at 1/2" and wasn't quite satisfied so I stepped up to 3/4". That's a bit too much as it doesn't fit the compound radius so nicely. It also got pretty loud and I'm considering replacing the end cap and adding spacers. If I could take it back, I'd go with 5/8". I need to run it a couple more days, pull the plugs and see if it's messing with my mixture.

so i did the five 5/8" holes, but kinda messed up. instead of just drilling the rivet caps off, i mistakenly drilled through them, so i have 1/4" holes in between the 5/8". but i love the sound. i'm gonna leave the end cap off. some say it makes the exhaust sound "farty" (not my word, theirs). anyways, i did loose some response up in the midrange--apparently the mod made the system a little rich. i tweaked the afr and am loving it...that is until i can afford a mark's setup ;-)

5/8 holes here too, they say if you space the end cap out a bit it sounds ok, I opted to leave it off and paint the end black, my plugs looked great the last time I had them out and no jetting or A/F adjustment has been done, have not noticed and performance loss or gain across the board...................................Tom.

New guy here. I've got a 04 (gloss black with silver ralley stripe). Currently stock with V-boost switch. Looking into a morley seat modification and possibly the jet kit. Live in MN and love to ride anything with pistons. Love doing things with the family (wife and 3 kids). Head to Island Park ID for snowmobiling for a week or so in Feb. Also a pit man for a snowmobile grass drag team. If you're in the St. Paul Minnesota area drop me a line.

Glad to see you on board! Great group of guys here. Pull up a chair stay awhile.

Not too new but I moved to a newer area last year. I live in Virginia currently. Hoping to have my 90 running this week, after it's long sleep from feb 08. To all the newer riders on this site, ton of good info and lots of people to help you if you need it.

Hey Everyone, Just wanted to say hello. And to thank you for your forums. They were very helpful in my purchase of my vmax. Soon to start mods as money allows.

I am from the Tampa, Florida area. Later all have a good day Jack

Hi bad777. There is a lot of Vmax riders in your area that are on the board. Welcome.

Hi All,

New to these forums but not a new V-Maxer owned a 94 & 98 previously, currently looking for my next gen 1 max. Any Maxers in North Detroit Area?

Ebein
VMOA #486

Hey Everyone, Just wanted to say hello. And to thank you for your forums. They were very helpful in my purchase of my vmax. Soon to start mods as money allows.

I am from the Tampa, Florida area. Later all have a good day Jack

oooooo you are in good company. bunch of tampanites in this forum. i missed the last (my first) central florida tech day. pretty much everyone who attend this tech day is from the tampa area.

[edit] and oh, welcome to the crew :). that goes to you too, smithben and ebein

Welcome Ebein, there are a number of Maxers running around Michigan, I'm from the Grand Rapids area and have been on a few rides with some of them, looking foreward to meeting more!.....................Tom.

bad777: Welcome to VMax's, the VMF and a Very Tight Tampa Bay Group. Very Good People / VMaxers
here in this area. We're even drawing more in from the North and South....:biglaugh: Please make time to come
meet us in person when the guys set up another Tech Day....

New to the board so figured I'd say hi. Just bought a Vmax after being without one for 6 years. This is #3 and fairly stock for now and will be used mostly for commute back and forth to work.

Back