Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined in 2008 thinking I wanted a V-Max, ended up going sport bikes. So nearly 3 years later I finally come home with a 1988 V-Max. I really like it, but there's definately work to do on this suspension. It dives so bad I don't believe there's oil in the forks. Another problem is that the previous owner evidently put helium in the front tire. JK

I joined in 2008 thinking I wanted a V-Max, ended up going sport bikes. So nearly 3 years later I finally come home with a 1988 V-Max. I really like it, but there's definately work to do on this suspension. It dives so bad I don't believe there's oil in the forks. Another problem is that the previous owner evidently put helium in the front tire. JK
My front tire has helium in it to. It would not be a bad thing except for that $ 1166 dollar ticket for 1st offence her in Florida but on the bright side I talked with my buddy in Australia & he said I would be in jail if I done that where he lives.

Man, we need to move to another planet... Soon.... Too Many Rules... Use more lead to counteract the Helium....

Welcome VS Bullet..

Man, we need to move to another planet... Soon.... Too Many Rules... Use more lead to counteract the Helium....

Welcome VS Bullet..
Helium? In the front tire? May I ask why? Please don't say it's used to make the bike lighter in weight. On the other hand please DO, I need a laugh!

I know about using Nitrogen in tires (larger molecule, doesn't fit through the teensy holes that are in every tire made so it has less tendency to leak, as well as not *expand* as bad as air when heated). But Helium? It's a great conductor of heat, and a little bit lighter than air. But I don't understand the benefit of using it in a tire (tube?) You're just joshin' here, right?

And why is it such an offense to use it in some places? It's 100% inert (as in non-flammable and non-life supporting) and is not rare (it's actually mined from the ground like natural gas) ... so I don't understand why there would be such a law against it's use? Hell I sold more Helium to flower shops (for balloons) in the 1980s and 90s than I can remember. As well as to welding shops (it's used in some TIG processes like when welding very thick sections of aluminum such as an engine block or heads.). So it's not like it's some regulated substance.

Helium? In the tire? What am I missing here? (see sig).

Bc ..

As with a lot of Maxers, I think VS Bullet is having trouble keeping his front wheel on the ground........................:biglaugh:

Thanks.
Question:
My computer gets very slow when I log into the forum, is there any one else having problems with it?
Any tips?
I'm running Windos Vista but I also tried with my I Pad with the same results . slow.
I have Road Runner turbo, so it's all ok on my end.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Question:
My computer gets very slow when I log into the forum, is there any one else having problems with it?
Any tips?
I'm running Windos Vista but I also tried with my I Pad with the same results . slow.
I have Road Runner turbo, so it's all ok on my end.
Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum!

What are you using for a browser?

I don't know how to make an intro post without sounding cheesy, So let me start by stating that I am not, in fact, a Dr. Yet anyway.

I'm currently in the Air Force, stationed up in Montana. I've been in for 5 years and 7 months, Had my ups and downs. My greatest up in my V-Max. I bought a 2002 Carbon Fiber in August of 2009, as my first bike. Sure, it was dumb, but I haven't regretted a second of it, except for that one time I ran out of gas.

Not much to say about it, I didn't do anything to it since I bought it, except to fix a few problems that cropped up. It came with Supertrapps (I'm running 4 discs with a closed cap), a jet kit, Yamaha's sissy bar (Which I'm not too hot about), and smaller turn-signals.

Between this month and next, I'm gonna be reshaping and recovering the seat, getting drag bars, new mirrors, and a fly-screen.

And in five months, I'll be back in Florida too, where I plan to continue the tweaks, twiddles, and sometimes scary upgrades.

I don't know how to make an intro post without sounding cheesy, So let me start by stating that I am not, in fact, a Dr. Yet anyway.

I'm currently in the Air Force, stationed up in Montana. I've been in for 5 years and 7 months, Had my ups and downs. My greatest up in my V-Max. I bought a 2002 Carbon Fiber in August of 2009, as my first bike. Sure, it was dumb, but I haven't regretted a second of it, except for that one time I ran out of gas.

Not much to say about it, I didn't do anything to it since I bought it, except to fix a few problems that cropped up. It came with Supertrapps (I'm running 4 discs with a closed cap), a jet kit, Yamaha's sissy bar (Which I'm not too hot about), and smaller turn-signals.

Between this month and next, I'm gonna be reshaping and recovering the seat, getting drag bars, new mirrors, and a fly-screen.

And in five months, I'll be back in Florida too, where I plan to continue the tweaks, twiddles, and sometimes scary upgrades.
Welcome & let us know when you get back in Florida there are quite a few Vmax's here.

Hello all,

I picked up new VMax last Friday. Previous bike was Big Dog Mastiff (a pro-street bike). VMax is incredible, but it will take some getting used to with foot pegs under me instead of out in front (which on long rides that I do often are more comfortable). Once I complete break-in I suspect having to hang on to the handlebars to stay in my seat will also take some getting used to. Ha Ha.

Hey Ulf, I'm jealous. You have some great parts made over there!
Caperocket, pick up some crash bars/engine guards, they are small enough that they don't take away from the look of the bike and are perfectly placed to act as highway pegs.

Welcome both of you!

Hello

Hello everybody. I have been a member of this site for a bit but have never written anything.....I've only benefited from the vast wealth of knowledge on this site. Because of people on here I have modified my rear lights so that I could carry saddle bags and have purchased a corbin seat that has made my ass very happy. I got cut off by an old lady the other day and now have to do more work to my beloved vmax. I've been in love with these bikes since I first saw one in France in '93. Every time I go out to get on I have a big grin on my face. I've had it for a year and still can't believe that I finally own one.
Thanks to everyone who gives advice and tips on this site, hopefully I can add some of my own.

Welcome Hector Torres, Dr. Satan, caperocket, ulf01 and fatcat to the VMax Forum (VMF).

Hello!

Just got myself an old 88 max. The bike was imported from USA to Norway in 1998. Its going to need some work, but is in running condition. All the information on this site is going to be very helpful=)

Latest posts

Back