Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take it slow and cautiously. Free is a great thing but you may find it better to part out than repair... I know how much time and money can go into resurrecting a dead or seriously neglected VMax...
Good Luck....

is the engine locked up?........I would put it on the stand and get it into 4th gear or so and see if the engine moves at all using the rear wheel, if not I would think twice before spending any $ here.................IMHO..............Tom.

Newbie here as well.Just bought a 1985 max with 3200 miles on her.She really looks good on the outside for her age,which scares me that much more about what it looks like on the inside!....lol

Well looks like I'll be joining the vmax club. I just bought a clean 93' max with 15k miles. Comes with some goodies also like a kerker exhaust and a jet kit some other things also. I might need a hand figuring what all isn't stock when I get some pics up. It had a dyno print out that came with it hit 117HP, not to bad.

Most of the info youll ever need is right here , welcome to the forum.

ok so i'm not new, to this site, long time reader firts time poster. (never had to post anything always found the anwser, until today)

sorry I skipped (my introduction)

when the bike is running again, I'll share some pics. thanks.

Technically I'm not new here, I had a few posts back in 2006. My first Vmax was an '02 that I bought new and foolishly let it go in 2005. On the bright side, I picked up a '98 in nice shape two weeks ago. The bike is awesome and I've managed to put a little over 2,000 miles on it since I got it. It's good to be back on a Vmax!

Here's my '02:

Spring_2.JPG

Here's my current ride:

flight_2.JPG

Hello from Vancouver Canada. I am new to this site and am happy to say that I am the proud owner (2 months ago) of a '88 VMax. This bike gave me a couple of little problems at the start, but now she works fine. I have to say that this is the most exciting bike I have ever owned. I enjoy every minute on it. The first time the V-Boost kicked in........I really had to hold on for dear life. Wow was that fast! So this is a little note to say Hi and i will be posting from time to time. I am happy to be part of such a wonderful "family".

Jeff (gverde)

Hi everyone new member here from down under , i don't own a V max at the moment , but my brother has just bought an 88 model an since i do most of his mechanical work i thought i would join up to learn a bit more on these awesome machine's. A bit of info on myself ,married with eight kids , and before anyone ask yes we do have television :biglaugh:.I own a property and run cattle and the odd one or two dozen Kangaroos which come and go as they please. My stable at the moment include,s a 1975 GL1000 goldwing , 1976 GL1000 goldwing, 2000 ZX6R kawasaki, 1982 xr250 honda , 1982 XL250 honda, 2X- ct200 honda ag's, 2X- CT125 ag's , 200 pantera trail bike, nifty50 honda scooter ,early 80's yamaha 90 scooter , 1972 ct70 honda mini bike , QR50 honda mini bike, and soon as i can find one at the right price V-MAX. Well thats it for now .
Cheers Hawky.

G'day mate and welcome to the world of VMAX! Best of luck finding a good vmax. You've found the right place to be if you need to get answers quickly on any of your questions or problems your having.

Hello from Vancouver Canada. I am new to this site and am happy to say that I am the proud owner (2 months ago) of a '88 VMax. This bike gave me a couple of little problems at the start, but now she works fine. I have to say that this is the most exciting bike I have ever owned. I enjoy every minute on it. The first time the V-Boost kicked in........I really had to hold on for dear life. Wow was that fast! So this is a little note to say Hi and i will be posting from time to time. I am happy to be part of such a wonderful "family".

Jeff (gverde)

Welcome to the elite Vmax club!

Technically I'm not new here, I had a few posts back in 2006. My first Vmax was an '02 that I bought new and foolishly let it go in 2005. On the bright side, I picked up a '98 in nice shape two weeks ago. The bike is awesome and I've managed to put a little over 2,000 miles on it since I got it. It's good to be back on a Vmax!

Welcome to your new awakening! Where in MD are you? I'm out in Mount Airy, MD!

Hello all,

My name is Frank and i've recently acquired a 95 Max and thought joining the forun would be a great idea...and it has! In the short time i've been a member I've:

1) Got great info on how to use center stand
2) Traded with a member
3) Got info on a good sealed battery - which by the way cured my hot starting issue
4) Soldered that Y wire from the battery to improve charging

And many more great ideas and useful tips. I'll almost a daily regular now as I love the Max! I've had an SV650 & a Shadow 1100, both good bikes but nothing like the thrill of the Max. I've wanted one of these since they first came out in 85. Read a lot of negative comments about its handling...mine seems to handle just fine. I do all my owne work, so I know I'll get a lot of use from this site!

That's all for now!

Frank

New Guy here too. I'm glad this site is here with all the kewl info. I just got my hands on a 06 Max, and love it. Needs a bit of work, but that is why I got it, i like to work on my bikes myself. So far, I fixed the blown front fork seals, replaced the worn steering head bearings, reuilt the clutch master and slave cylinders. I'm planning the double "D" mod next. I have a slight shifting issue, that I think is not related to the clutch. If anyone has input on "hard shifting", (ie) does not like to go into neutral at stop lights and just does not feel smooth, let me know if there is something I should look into while planning the DD mod.
Again, thanks for all that everyone does on this site,it is appreciated.

RC

Latest posts

Back