Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1. and it's not a biased opinion. you will find the friendliest, most supportful, most knowledgable, and most helpful bunch of maxers anywhere. i have yet to see a day pass without responses to questions.

+1 The gods to honest truth there brother. :eusa_dance::punk:

Just wanted to introduce my self. My name is pete but go by[ old max] in the fourm. I just signed up a few days ago and don't actually ride a vmax-yet but i just bought one a 92 and should have it next week. i own a magna v 65 and it's a great bike but i always wanted a vmax and since i'm retired a thought i would get one. You only live once so try to enjoy it. My girl friend thinks i'm an idiot, my brothers think i'm crazy but i can't wait to get the bike. I'm not a speed freak but i appreciate a fine machine and from what i've read these are Fine Machines. Also been reading these fourms and what a great web site-very informative-so i spend hours reading all the posts. I live in Michigan and maybe could connect with other Mi. riders. Thanks for lettihg me join,Pete

Welcome to the site Pete!, nice to have another MI Maxer on here, like yourself I have a V-65 that I still ride and let a few close friends ride with me, it's a smooth powerfull bike with a 6th gear! if you take posession before the VMOA meet which is the weekend of the 8th-10th in Three rivers you should make you way over and join us, it would be good to meet you and other riders from the area, even if you cant make it on your Max bring the Magna over anyways!......Not quite as legendary as the Yamaha but still earns respect in my book, take care..........................................Tom.

Howdy I'm Dan. Just got a 1998 VMax from a coworker that he had just bought 2 months before (wife wanted him to get rid of it for a camper and I've wanted one for a few years so it was just meant to be)...I think he is going to sneak a B-king next month.

She's got 19k on her and I got her for 3K...she needs a new rear tire though.

Just got done changing all the brake and clutch fluid today and was wondering exactly what mods it has on it. The craigslist ad I saw before my buddy bought it said exhaust, some sort of jet kit, and a lowered seat. I think it might have rear shocks too.

I was wondering if ya'll could maybe pinpoint who makes the mods that are on it from pics. I'll even throw one with the misses in it for a bonus.

My guess is progressive shocks (might be stock but they have 4 positions on the top), cobra slip ons, morley seat, who knows what jet kit.

2agg0w.jpg

vxkbht.jpg

and the other toys
16byeys.jpg

Sorry for the huge pics

Thanks,

Dan

welcome to the forum Dan...
You got a pretty good deal for $3k
the only thing i see that isnt stock is the cobra pipes, cut down seat, and engine guards. everything else looks stock...
Thanks for the bonus pic too :biglaugh:

Good looking girl and bike...................I dig the mini bike parked next to the Jeep too............................Tom.

Hi there! I'm also new to the forum. I don't have a VMAX yet, but I'm quite interested. I like how it's a type of bike that can be made into anything the user wanted.

Theres a 1001 ways to do a V Max!...........If you can find one with a lot of the mods already in place you will be $ ahead, good luck Chill, and welcome to the site!.........................Tom.

Just picked up an 03 max with 6k miles on it. Dreamed of owning a VMax since high school. Done the Vulcan 1600 cruiser & Katana thing. By far my Vmax is the most balanced, best riding bike I've ever been on. Picked up some throw over bags. I've got a 55 mile one way ride to work (firefighter). The bags hold everything I need for my 24 hour shift. The raw power this bike has is amazing! Plenty of places to hit the VBoost and leave the stress behind. I think I need some sort of fuel additive to clean up the carbs a bit. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Rod

Just picked up an 03 max with 6k miles on it. Dreamed of owning a VMax since high school. Done the Vulcan 1600 cruiser & Katana thing. By far my Vmax is the most balanced, best riding bike I've ever been on. Picked up some throw over bags. I've got a 55 mile one way ride to work (firefighter). The bags hold everything I need for my 24 hour shift. The raw power this bike has is amazing! Plenty of places to hit the VBoost and leave the stress behind. I think I need some sort of fuel additive to clean up the carbs a bit. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Rod
Welcome, you found the right place for Vmaxes. I use Seafoam in my gas and it works well. If you need more info just post up in another thread and you will get tons of advice. You can use the ''search v ''option at the top of the page as well and look up everything. Don't hesitate to post up any questions, this is a great site with a lot of Vmax knowledge.

Greetings!

My name is Kevin, I'm from Orlando FL. In late 1984 a friend who worked at a dealership told me about this new motorcycle. He said it had an insane amount of power. They sold a few & most of those came back bent up (no deaths thankfully). But people were not ready for this thing. I knew right then & there I had to have one, but the $5,200.00 price tag was way out of my reach. It's a good thing though, I was 22 & no way ready for that. Finally in '93 I took the plunge. I have owned it ever since. It's immaculate & cone stock save for a T-Boost that I think functions better in the normal position.
It just received a $1,700.00 service which included a new fuel tank and all the other required service. I love this motorcycle & the folks who also love the V-Max. I look forward to making some new friends

Thanks

Greetings!

My name is Kevin, I'm from Orlando FL. In late 1984 a friend who worked at a dealership told me about this new motorcycle. He said it had an insane amount of power. They sold a few & most of those came back bent up (no deaths thankfully). But people were not ready for this thing. I knew right then & there I had to have one, but the $5,200.00 price tag was way out of my reach. It's a good thing though, I was 22 & no way ready for that. Finally in '93 I took the plunge. I have owned it ever since. It's immaculate & cone stock save for a T-Boost that I think functions better in the normal position.
It just received a $1,700.00 service which included a new fuel tank and all the other required service. I love this motorcycle & the folks who also love the V-Max. I look forward to making some new friends

Thanks
Welcome to the forum ! Always nice to see more Florida members. Please do not pay for any more 1700 dollar services post your questions here & we will help you & if your not comfortable working on your bike it would be worth the couple hour drive to bring it to me to fix. If you have any questions feel free to Pm me or call me any time. Kyle 813-270-0000

Back