Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What up?! New guy from New Mexico. Great site! Got an 02 Max mostly stock needs a tire and seat work but in good shape with custom paint! Fun as hell to ride! I ride it everyday! Spent 6 hours on it today! All in town cruising! Have heard the 170 80 15 tire fits into the stock frame with a washer swap... Good/bad?!?! Advantages... Disadvantages... Look forward to making new friends and maybe new riding partners too!! :punk:

Welcome Raider!..................This is the best place you will find for all things Max related, tech, parts, advice or just hanging out and sharing thoughts/stories, I installed my 170-80 with no modification, looks and fits great!.................Have fun!.........................Tom.

hi from P.E.I canada

hi guys im a new forum member with 8 years exsperience driving and i just finaly got the max i wanted when i was 19 lol!!!!! its a 1999 with 50000 klms on it only drove it so far on test drives just got it home last night with my truck.stil have to unload it replace rear tire and im good to go!!! if anyone could point me to where to go for mods like do it yourself mods like the exhaust mod ect would be greatly appriciated.thanks all looks like a great site and ride on and ride safe :p

Re: hi from P.E.I canada

hi guys im a new forum member with 8 years exsperience driving and i just finaly got the max i wanted when i was 19 lol!!!!! its a 1999 with 50000 klms on it only drove it so far on test drives just got it home last night with my truck.stil have to unload it replace rear tire and im good to go!!! if anyone could point me to where to go for mods like do it yourself mods like the exhaust mod ect would be greatly appriciated.thanks all looks like a great site and ride on and ride safe :p

Welcome to the collective. :punk:

As for direction of mods, take a gander through the gallery then write down what you like. Also the search engine is your friend. I'd say about 95% of the bikes on the site have thier mods documented.

Re: hi from P.E.I canada

welcome to the site kdoggydog, here is a link that will show lots of different exhaust and what others think about a particular exhaust...

http://www.vmaxforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

What up?Have heard the 170 80 15 tire fits into the stock frame with a washer swap... Good/bad?!?! Advantages... Disadvantages... Look forward to making new friends and maybe new riding partners too!!

Welcome aboard!:punk:
It depends on the tire for the washer swap. Some need it others don't
The Shinko Tourmaster and the Metz ME880 in 170/15 flavor, fit right up with no washer swap.

The shinko is a lesser expensive tire, but it doesn't have a long tread life due to its soft-ish rubber.
The Metz is a nice compromise. It sticks good, has great life but your going to pay a little more.

I love the Metz I put on my bike. Even with spirited riding, It's still holding up just fine. Second season on it now.

Attachments

• KJSMAX_Rear_tire.jpg
    KJSMAX_Rear_tire.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 3
Getting my first foreign bike.

Hi everyone. I'm picking up my 1985 vmax today from the original owner. It has 23,000 miles and he has done a lot to it. My brother bought his 2 years ago and is daves1986vmax on this site. I owned a Harley Sportster which I bought new in 1998 and sold about 4 years later. I should be able to keep up with the rest of the bikes now. Kinda like going from a loud scooter to a rocket.

I'm a new member ! Hi!

Hi I'm a new member here. I bought a V-Max 2007 last spring, it had 1240km. I'M really proud of my bike. I'M having a little problem with it and I hope you'll be able to help me. My brother and me a checking a few thing first, if we don't find the problem I will be back with more info on the problem. My brother has a V-Max 1985, it looks like a new one, it's candy apple red. He bought yhe new 2009 model, he loves it but say that nothing could replace the old model.
Talk to you soon gang ! In meantime I would read post to educate me more on that marvellous bike.

Re: I'm a new member ! Hi!

Hi I'm a new member here. I bought a V-Max 2007 last spring, it had 1240km. I'M really proud of my bike. I'M having a little problem with it and I hope you'll be able to help me. My brother and me a checking a few thing first, if we don't find the problem I will be back with more info on the problem. My brother has a V-Max 1985, it looks like a new one, it's candy apple red. He bought yhe new 2009 model, he loves it but say that nothing could replace the old model.
Talk to you soon gang ! In meantime I would read post to educate me more on that marvellous bike.

:welcome_sign: :cheers:

Post any bike problems you are having and I know we can help you fix it.

New member here! Still picking my way around this site and reading up on all the things that people write, etc. Great to know there's still a Vmax site out there, since the VMOA site seemed to vanish in thin air. Anyway, there's some great looking Vmax'es on here and it's cool that so many people still admire this legendary bike.

Hi Bushmaster, welcome!.........What's next?.............You tell us about your Max and the adventures you've had with it, if you have any questions reguarding mods, repairs, or anything else on your mind just post up!.............As for the VMOA website, it's still there at.........vmoa.net..............Have fun!..............Tom.

Hi,

Name is Josh. Just got my first V-Max. It is an 86 model which needs a lot of work. It has been abused and neglected for many years. It is a complete restoration / modification project. I plan to post pictures as I build it. As of now, it is compleatly...I mean compleatly apart. Im starting with the frame and working through it as I go. If you have any advice, suggestions, or wisdom I would welcome it all. My goal is to make the bike handle better, stop better, and give the bike a unique look. Im contemplating switching both the front end and rearend to accomodate different tires and brakes as well as stiffen up the handeling. Other than that, Im keeping the engine stock except for exhaust and jetting the carbs which I will need some advice on. Looking forward to hearing about your experience and wisdom and to the build.

Josh

Welcome to the site Josh.....you might get some good ideas browsing the Gallery to see what others have done.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/all_albums.php

Hi,

Name is Josh. Just got my first V-Max. It is an 86 model which needs a lot of work. It has been abused and neglected for many years. It is a complete restoration / modification project. I plan to post pictures as I build it. As of now, it is compleatly...I mean compleatly apart. Im starting with the frame and working through it as I go. If you have any advice, suggestions, or wisdom I would welcome it all. My goal is to make the bike handle better, stop better, and give the bike a unique look. Im contemplating switching both the front end and rearend to accomodate different tires and brakes as well as stiffen up the handeling. Other than that, Im keeping the engine stock except for exhaust and jetting the carbs which I will need some advice on. Looking forward to hearing about your experience and wisdom and to the build.

Josh

Hey Up?

Dos Equis Six was my call sign in Afghanistan I was an MRAP PSD team Leader. After nearly 25 years I finaly got my Vmax! I bought my new 88 off Craigslist for a good price, I have owned alot of bikes, for the past 3 years I have been hammering around on an old 83 CB900 supersport that I traded up from a broken in half Mercedes 240D, which I traded for a 22 pistol.

I came back to florida to find my wife of 12 years having a midlife crises and dating some douchebag she knew in HS. I moved out and happy to be free again.

I enjoy old bikes, trucks, datsuns, Im not a expert on anything my plan is to read the forum and learn about the bike.

SO far im impressed with the power, mines a bit bouncy im wondering if tires are out of round? I think its running a bit rich the previous owner stated he had it rejetted but its got factory pipes that he drilled out the baffles its got a deep throaty sound not sure if i like it but its makes it visible. The bike has 9600 miles on it.

Back