Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @ all from Germany
My name is George and i am 48 Years old. I found your page in Facebook and i try to get a lot of Infos and Conversation about the V-Max

Sorry about my bad English, but i only learned it at shool nearly 35 years ago.

My V-Max is customized with Deget prepared Original Wheels ( 12,5" x 18 with 300 Rear and 6,5" x18 with 180 Front, Suzuki GSX-R Fork and Breakes, Kurzweil Performance 12cm longer Swing Arm and a lot of Parts from other Tuners ( Koni, Big Bike, M?rz, E.Schwarz ).

Welcome George . Don't worry about the language . We speak V-Max here . :punk:

Just joined myself.

Last week I purchased my first V-Max. Been wanting one for years. Fall is in the air here (Rochester, NY) and I was able to get a great deal on a nice 1997 with only 15k miles.

Bike has a stage 7 Jet Kit, high performance clutch, UFO fork brace, Kerker slip-ons, billet turn signals, foot pegs and grips, LED tail light, Corbin seat, K/N filters, drag bars, new tires. Plus I carried home with the bike a bunch of extra stuff in a box: leather tank bra, leather fork bag, Yamaha leather saddle bags; back rest; fly screen; original parts (original seat, signals, tail light, clutch, footpegs, etc.).

Great shape in and out.

Got the bike for 3600 which I think is a very good deal. :clapping:

It sounds great and screams. I've put some 200 miles on it and have yet to really open her up.

I do IRC chat and was wondering why no one has been in the chat rooms the two times I've gone in.

Regards,

T. Bartolucci

welcome to the forum man, sounds like a nice bike, got any pics, we all love pics man hahahah.

as for the chat room, i forget the day but either tues or thur you might find a bunch hanging out there otherwise we all go back and forth on the posts also.

Hi everyone my name is Athan . I currently live in Pretoria South Africa and just 3 days ago I purchased a 1996 model with 24000km Silver in color . I thought It was a bargain since it cost me about 2000 dollars . The bike is in a very good condition but being a superbike lover for years and a race driver for Ducati in a local championship in Greece that was a major turn around for me but I have to admit I love it ! Although I have some things I want to improve that has to do with the handling of the bike and I am pretty sure when I get to explore the forum deeper I ll find the answers to my questions . The bike is stock beside a 4 in one exhaust and I intend to keep it that cause I want my lady to have a long long life !!! I never expected that cruising would be so much fun and V Max made it work for me even better than my wildest dreams !

Hello all. I just joined your sight and so far the help has been awsome. My bike is a 06 and I put the five year warranty on it, witch I regreted after I done it, that why I haven't done anything before now. Nice to be a part of your forum. I hope I can help someone like yall helped me. Thanks.

:clapping:Hi everyone!! I joined this week and feel at home already! I couldnt be more happy with my choice of bike or of the Forum Ive joined. I hope all goes well and we can all get along. I love to talk long about nothing as long as the topic doesnt drift too for away from my 2 favorite passions.....front and rear wheels and everything inbetween:moped::scooter 1:

Hey all!

My name is Chris and I live in Southeastern PA. Just bought my Max last week for $4,400 with 23,xxx on the clock. The guy I bought it from took extremely good care of it (detailed maintenance records with oil changes every 500 miles or so). Since buying it I've gone about 250 miles some of which was even in the rain!!! I just couldn't pass up riding my new bike :eusa_dance: So far I've looked into the speed wobble issue (had one big one and a few very very minor ones that were corrected immediately) and a bunch of the modifications other forum members have done to the bike. I'm not a big fan of the flashy (paint jobs, crazy headlights, bobber look) so I'll probably just be making a few minor mods this winter (possibly an alarm system/keyless start, LED engine lights <== that's not flashy right? haha)

I look forward to speaking with many of you! I'm already having a blast riding my Max and reading all of your helpful, albeit humorous, posts.

- Chris

Welcome Chris!............Congratulations on your selection of the Best color and fastest year V-Max ever made!...........:biglaugh:...........There are a few Pa riders around here maybe you can hook up for some group riding before the season ends, as you have already discovered there is a wealth of info and help available here, feel free to post up your adventures too.......................Tom.

New Guy to the forum.

My name is Wes Adams and I,m a V-Max addict! I'm also a Ford addict, so please dont hold that aginst me LOL. I live here in Klamath Falls Oregon.

I had a Yellow 2000 V-Max (RIP). I was in a crash a 1 1/2 weeks ago down in Reno for street vibs. Tons of custom stuff done to my bike and did it all myself with a little help from Ken P off this forum. Looking to buy another V-Max real soon!

I hope to meet some of you and learn some more about Mr. Max

Here is a few pics of my old one!

100100_121100.jpg

DSC02702_edited.jpg

DSC02703_edited.jpg

DSC02707_edited.jpg

Welcome, new people. I'm the new girl on the block. Hope you all love it here as much as I do.

silver 97, you got the right year and color :rofl_200::rofl_200: the fast ones

Hi my name is rick, I have a 85 max I have owned sense 1989. It has fcrs a Kerker pipe and done a bunch of other things to it over the years. Been lurking here just figured I would get off my arse and intro myself . GREAT SITE !!!

Last edited:
Hello, unfortunately I have introduced myself in the wrong thread. So here again. My name is Matthes (this is the short form of Matthew). I am 48 years young :)).
My V-Max Year 94 I am going for 4 years. it is largely original.
Triple clamp and steering head bearings (is that right?) I've changed. So that it no longer wobbles. I am active in several forums in Germany and Italy have already met in this way a lot of nice V Maxer.

Greeting Matthes

Greetings all! After lurking for a few months, I figured it was time to say hi. I recently purchased a red 1988 VMAX from my younger, but not wiser brother (He bought a Harley last year). It has 10,300 miles, an aftermarket exhaust system (not sure which one) and relatively new rubber.

Hats off to all of the seasoned vets who have been readily sharing information on the forum. I recall someone making a comment about the size of the forum. Personally, I'll take quality over quantity.

It will be a little while before I can start in on any major tweaks, but I think the seat and the footpegs will be the first. Being 6'2" I would like a little more room to stretch. Handling will be next. This thing does not like to turn and will teach you to countersteer.

More questions to follow once I get a chance to search around a bit. Thanks again and great forum!

Hi Guys and Gals,:new2_ani:
I'm Thylacine from the "land way Down Under", ride a '93 Max set up for cruising, with forward controls , sissy bar and bug screen.
Rides comfortably and suits me.
Getting worried about falling off and scuffing "Max" or myself so looking to
build a trike rear end as a bolt on bolt off unit.
My real concern is the ratio of a differential required to do this and to maintain "Max's" current performance characteristics. The rest is just a design thing and I have plenty of help in that field with some hot rodder mates.
Any suggestions???
Cheers
Thylacine

You're going to eat up a bunch of power spinning a larger diff and two tires not to mention the weight increase........................Tom.

Hi, newbie here as well. I finally bought the 1985 Vmax i have hunted for 10+ yrs. I am kinda of confused though,....there is no vboost linkage or servo. Didnt all Vmaxes come equipped with it? Do i still have the same kind of horse power????

William

Back