Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fatback from Phoenix

I own a 2000 V-Max & a DL1000 Suzuki dual sport. The Max is a grin but a very poor handling machine. I have to go back to the 1967 P-11 Ranger Norton I owned in the day for a comparo. I'm 64 & I want something that really hauls ass & handles.

Re: Fatback from Phoenix

I own a 2000 V-Max & a DL1000 Suzuki dual sport. The Max is a grin but a very poor handling machine. I have to go back to the 1967 P-11 Ranger Norton I owned in the day for a comparo. I'm 64 & I want something that really hauls ass & handles.

Sounds like you need a Gen 2 VMAX.

Re: Fatback from Phoenix

2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R is supposedly the most powerful production motorcycle. Ever. Handles, and stops great. Price tag is under $15K I believe. Im sure it would haul and handle.

new member myself. not only to vmax and this forum - but forums in general. never had any use for em. but alas - i am the proud owner of my first vmax. and really wanting to learn all about it. im fairly close to deals gap and would love to meet up with anybody wanting to run the dragons tail.
semper fi
john:th_biggun::th_biggun::th_biggun::th_biggun:

Welcome Smokin!................Not a big forum chaser myself, but I do spend quite a bit of time in here with folks that are as pasionate about the V-Max as I am, You have found the best Max forum bar none!.........Everything you will want or need from Tech to parts and info can be found right here along with the friendliest people on the net, you should not have any problems finding others to hook up with for a ride, be sure to make note of the "Thunder in the valley" thread in the organized events section!.......................................Tom.

new member myself. not only to vmax and this forum - but forums in general. never had any use for em. but alas - i am the proud owner of my first vmax. and really wanting to learn all about it. im fairly close to deals gap and would love to meet up with anybody wanting to run the dragons tail.
semper fi
john:th_biggun::th_biggun::th_biggun::th_biggun:
Welcome ! I will be in Alcoa Tn next week & might have the chance to play on the dragon some not sure thought as there are some other places I wanna go ride while I am there & also depends on weather.

Hey N1RAD111, I was watching your video at the 7:20 mark you touched a piece of rubber under your top cover with a question. That's the cooling fan shroud, there are tabs on the front of your frame that the rubber piece attaches to. Nice sounding bike!

Hello

I'm Mike new to the Vmax, but not to motorcycling. I just purchased a well sorted 94Vmax to add to my current collection of seven motorcycles on the road. They range from Italian, British, American and Japanese all of them unique on their own. I look forward to many miles on my new toy.

Almax , Its working! welcome to the madness, you'll enjoy every minute of it.

I can read your first post!..........I would say it's working...........Welcome!........................Tom.

Not a V-max owner yet, but I hope to be soon.

I've ridden several styles of bikes from an '81 CB750K to an '86 GS1150E, to a '79 T140D. Most recently, I've been riding dual-sport bikes, the KLR650 and XT225. The on/off road gig is fun, but I don't get off-road much and I'm looking for something fun on the pavement.

Passenger comfort (at least for day trips) is a requirement. The Mrs. won't ride often, but I'm hoping the V-max can provide decent accommodations when she does want to tag along for day-trip. Is there somewhere here I could read about 2-up riding on the V-max?

Thanks in advance. Keep the shiny side up!

Howdy folks, thanks to cousin jig I'll soon be the proud owner of a '95 V-Max project bike that Sean Morley helped complete. Jig promises it's a tad more eye-opening than my last road bike, a '79 Midnight Special.

Welcome to the forum Bud, You comming to town to pick up the bike or are you having it shipped?.............JIG is right!............Be prepared for the V-Max experience!....................Have fun and ride safe.......................Tom

Welcome to the forum Bud, You comming to town to pick up the bike or are you having it shipped?.............JIG is right!............Be prepared for the V-Max experience!....................Have fun and ride safe.......................Tom

Thanks Tom. We're either going to meet or I'm driving out late Feb. If the weather looks bad then it'll be April for sure.

Looking forward to getting back into it, been a while and this is the perfect match. Had to lay down my last bike into a dizzy broad's car who ran a stop sign. Few bumps and bruises, helmet saved me, the bike ('79 1100 Midnight Special, "showroom") was totaled.

Be well!

I've recently joined the forum myself. Good bunch of guys (and gals) here.
Ryan

Howdy folks, thanks to cousin jig I'll soon be the proud owner of a '95 V-Max project bike that Sean Morley helped complete. Jig promises it's a tad more eye-opening than my last road bike, a '79 Midnight Special.

Did you have a vmax in sept of 09? Didn't happen to join our international pizza run to sergi's in canton did ya?

Hello all... I finally got my Vmax woohoo! Since they came out in 1985 I have drooled over these bikes but they were always too expensive. I have built many bikes over the years, street-fighters mostly but a few resto jobs and one super-motard; but always the Vmax hung on my garage wall as nothing more than a poster.
I just bought a 1985 (red) Vmax with appeox 40k miles on her. The last owner and his nieghbor (my wife's cousin) said she rasn strong but the silly bugger lost interest and let her sit outside in his backyard for two years through the rain, prairie sun and winter snows :bang head:
I just finally got her carbs cleaned up and yup, new battery and clean gas = imediate starts and runs very strong. just waiting on all my bits and pieces to be delivered now.
Should be lots of fun come spring, after i paint her up like new. Anyone know the red paint code for the '85 max?
My vboost servo only works now and then??? when it doesn't work on key turn, the servo buzzes... any suggestions?

Pictures comming soon. :eusa_dance:
Robert

Latest posts

Back