Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. I do not have a Vmax unfortunately but I will someday. I really want a second gen and joined to learn more about this amazing bike. I used to have an 04 R6 and loved that bike but had to sell due to money troubles:bang head:. I basically love any bike yamaha makes and want the vmax for its amazing performance, versatility, and rarety. I look forward to learning more and will report when I finally get my dream bike......no idea when that'll be though:confused2:

Welcome to the forum Union Pride!............If you have Max on your brain this is the place to be, feel free to look around and ask lots of questions, by the time your ready to pull the trigger you will be a well informed buyer!......................Tom.

Welcome to the forum Union Pride!............If you have Max on your brain this is the place to be, feel free to look around and ask lots of questions, by the time your ready to pull the trigger you will be a well informed buyer!......................Tom.

Thanks! How's the handling on the 2nd gens? Both when cruising and when carving up the roads.I've seen a pic of a guy dragging knee on his max and I thought that was awesome but was also wondering about the comfort over longer rides?

24 years later

Hi, just got my v max after wanting one since 87, ive had a number of bikes over the years, 1200 bandits, R1 Fighter, various chops big trail bikes etc, & now finally at the age of 50 i have my V Max, its an 88 model picked it up for ?2.5k with 19000 on the clock, very good condition, been garaged & im well pleased with it, anyway thought id join the forum & mix with like minded hooligans :biglaugh: Suicide Gene....oh yeah im from UK

Mate you will get a max, it took me over 20 years to get mine, & believe me it was worth the wait :punk:........Suicide Gene

Welcome Suicide Gene!..............Like yourself I too am 50 and finally picked up my first Max in Aug of 2010, I had lusted over thses things since I saw the promo video in the fall of 84, it has been well worth the wait!.........this thing certainly brings out the hooligan in me everytime!..........Have fun!.................Tom.

Re: 24 years later

Hi, just got my v max after wanting one since 87, ive had a number of bikes over the years, 1200 bandits, R1 Fighter, various chops big trail bikes etc, & now finally at the age of 50 i have my V Max, its an 88 model picked it up for ?2.5k with 19000 on the clock, very good condition, been garaged & im well pleased with it, anyway thought id join the forum & mix with like minded hooligans :biglaugh: Suicide Gene....oh yeah im from UK

Never is never too late. I got mine last year, 98 model. My first max.

Attachments

• granny bike.jpg
    granny bike.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 6
Welcome suicide Gene, I'll wait untill I know you better to ask whats up with the screen name.

hi, new to the forum and the max, ive already came across several good threads! Picked up my 97 in late Aug last year for $3500 with 18k on the clock in very nice condition, hoping to figure out what exhaust to get after doing some research on here

G'day Cotton87!

Do a search on Marks exhaust. They are very popular at the moment!

hi, new to the forum and the max, ive already came across several good threads! Picked up my 97 in late Aug last year for $3500 with 18k on the clock in very nice condition, hoping to figure out what exhaust to get after doing some research on here

Hey there. WELCOME!! I got my '97 in September of last year. Had right at 4,000 miles. I paid $3,500 for mine too. Wouldn't take a thing for it.

Hi guys,

My name is Ed, I am new here, just bought a 93 Vmax, black, 33k miles
I live in Miami, FL.
A few things have already been changed on the bike: turn signals, exhaust (4 in 1 Kerker K series), brake lines, rear supsensions..
I will add some pictures later on :)
I will have to change the clutch soon and I am looking for a quieter exhaust, I am thinking about putting back stock pipes...

G'day Ed!
Can you just re-pack the k-series to quieten it down?
Either that or just a quieter muffler. You'll want to keep the pipes! They give you more power.

Latest posts

Back