Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome!.........Glad to see ya here, this is your one stop shop for nearly all your Max needs and info, dont think your the only one who has ever layed a bike down on the road, I learned many years ago you don't ride the middle of the lane when it starts to rain and what to expect when you apply the brakes.............:damn angry:.................Tom.

Welcome "Bonehead" and all the new members coming-on here. Your participation in V-Max'ing is opening new paths to mechanical entertainment, social events, and as your knowledge and V-Max experiences grow, soon you will be sharing your stories and tips w/us.

I have never found a website that has such selfless members, I moderate on another sport website and like all of us, tend to check other automotive/truck/motorcycling sites, but have never found another that fosters such goodwill and a willingness to share as you will see here.

Be sure to take & post pics of yoir projects, we are always interested in how other members work on and mod their rides.

Hey bonehead, shit happens dude. I let a fellow drag racer ride my max once years ago at Gary(turbovmax) shop and the second he pulled out to the road he slid down on the left side...scratched the mirror and bent my shifter lever a little. I wanted to kick the shit out of him but didn't. I did learned to NEVER let anybody ride my horse again :biglaugh:

Welcome Hank(Bonehead) to the forum!

One of the more colorful entries/intros to the forum I can remember in a number of years! LOL :biglaugh:

Super glad you are healing up and took it all on the chin, so-to-speak! :punk:

Take care and hope you get that Max out for a carefree enjoyable ride very soon.

G Man

I recently bought a 1989 Yamaha V-Max (55,000 miles). It is in good condition, but has not been run in about 5 years.
Upon trying to start the engine, gasoline poured out of one of the carbs - stuck float valve.
I bought a carb rebuild kit from Dale Walker Holeshot, cleaned and replaced gaskets, seals and float valves. That fixed the gas leak.
I was able to free up and remove the idle pilot screws in three of the carbs, but the fourth one will not budge.
I ordered new pilot screws from Bike Bandit and drilled the head of the stuck screw to use an "easy out" extractor.
After working on it for hours with a combination of heat and penetrating oil, ?disaster, the "easy out" broke off in the screw head. The pilot screw is still stuck in the carb, now with a broken piece of "easy out" in it as well.
This left me in quite a mess.
To make long story short, Danny Unwin helped me out by selling me a carb body in good condition for a very reasonable price, with prompt shipment. I transferred parts to the replacement carb body and reassembled everything. The bike is running smoothly again. Thank you very much Danny Unwin.
Thanks for all the good information on the forum.

Welcome. That is a typical good story of the forum. Somebody helping someone else they don't even know. Happens all the time. Lots of good people here.

P.S. Watch out for the monkey.

To make long story short, Danny Unwin helped me out by selling me a carb body in good condition for a very reasonable price, with prompt shipment. I transferred parts to the replacement carb body and reassembled everything. The bike is running smoothly again. Thank you very much Danny Unwin.
Thanks for all the good information on the forum.

Thanks for the story and welcome! Just one more way to show what this forum is all about - everyone loves our Max and we all help each other out to keep'em running good.

All hail VMF :worthy::worthy:

hi every one joe bar here also known as steve im living in england near manchester and have been messing around with maxes for about 8 years won a couple of trophies for best in show and best street fighter .i also make a few bits of bling you guys might like when i figure out how to post pics i will ,will also post pics of bikes as well the items i sell will be slightly less on here than on ebay because there is no fees like on ebay the postage i charge is exactly what it costs to get the stuff to you i dont inflate postage to make parts look cheaper .one or two of you guys already have my parts and i hope your happy ..any way good to be here will post soon ,anyone wants to get intouch email [email protected] cheers :punk::punk::punk:

Welcome Joe Bar! Looking forward to seeing your rides and also the bits you make. To upload a pic here either hit the 'Go advanced' button below and then you can upload small pics as attachments to your post, or use a site like photobucket.com and simply paste the html links into the text.

Hello all! Crazy Bender here just wanted to stop by and say hello. I recently picked up an 03 Max and look forward to catching up with a bunch you all for a local ride some day. Not a first timer at all to the joys of fast toys!
I also have an 08 V-Rod (DX) and a couple of other toys in the shed as well. I will be looking here in the near future to trade out my Carbon fiber tins and scoops for the factory gloss black and chrome scoops so if anyone local is looking let me know.

Thanks, I also have a Triumph Thruxton 900, an old rigid frame Iron head sportster and have been looking for a Vespa scooter with a racing stripe. I here if you find a Vespa with a racing strip its the fastest model they Make :)

a113ycat, we ride to Austin all the time. I lived there for 13 years (Lago Vista) gotta love FM1431......ahhh the memories...lol

Thanks Naughty G, believe me I am fully aware of that monster.....he bit me when I got the V-Rod. Hell I still have scar's from that one and still sleep with the lights on....lol

Thanks, I also have a Triumph Thruxton 900, an old rigid frame Iron head sportster and have been looking for a Vespa scooter with a racing stripe. I here if you find a Vespa with a racing strip its the fastest model they Make :)

a113ycat, we ride to Austin all the time. I lived there for 13 years (Lago Vista) gotta love FM1431......ahhh the memories...lol

We make that ride over to Marble falls and you are right it is one fun ride!! You should PM me next time you are down. If Im in town we can hit the hill country roads

New member here just bought 93 vmax have have acouple tech questions about v boost
mine does not cycle when key turned on itdid once this morning is there a way to test actuator by its self to see if it or module. Is bad thanks benjamin

Latest posts

Back