Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another newbie here. Most my freinds know me as 'Crash'. A name I earned back racing dirt track cars and more recently riding dirt bike.
Been drooling over Vmax's for years. Had the ad hung up in my wall locker in the military. A freind of mine bought an 88 V-max as a project about six months ago, and after cleaning and rebuilding the carbs, and burning up 2 fuel pumps, he finally gave up on it and put it up for sale so he could buy another bike. I jumped on it right away and relocated it from Alabama to here in Chattanooga. After 2 weeks of wrench throwing, cussin at it, and quite a few beers, I got it going and got my first short test ride nto the gas station this morning. What a rush. Give that pig a little too much throttle and she is sideways.
When my freind sold me the bike he told me about this forum and it has been helpful. I hope to contribute as well as learn.
I will try to get some pics of it up some time today.

Welcome and let's hope you don't transition your handle to your VMax riding experience. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I've learned to keep the rubber side down (at least on the street). I guess this week the v Max will be getting some new shoes so I can go play next weekend.

Sent from my Smart-Ass phone.

Not sure who our moderator is for new members. have one customer asking how long it takes since he hasn't heard back from one about his new member request.

they usually get processed daily. Sean can you PM me the name/email/username something and i'll check?

My name is Trent, and I have an 02 max. use to ride 86 v65 magna, it was quick, but damn what a difference, especially when the v-bost kicks in. Live in Tulsa, love to ride. Let me know when your close, will do a get together at the 5 & diner, right next to the Harley shop! LMFAO........

Hi everybody. New member from Oakville Ontario.
Long time admirer, but just a recent purchaser of a Max. Back in 1985 when the Max first appeared I was smitten immediately. But being a responsible family man with three young'nes I resisted getting one. Clipped out a pic of the Max and posted it on my home office wall, and said to myself " Self, if I ever buy a road bike this is the one I will get." With the kids grown and the divorce behind me, I finally got myself an 85 Max. It has some minor modifications to it but is showing its age in a lot of little ways.
Presently am doing some improvements, mainly of the paint, spit and polish type. Just received a new UFO dual megaphone exhaust system and am anxious to get it on.
Should have it ready to ride this coming weekend--can hardly wait.
One problem I have is finding a clutch cover center piece. I broke mine trying to take it off to paint it.
Will post some pics when I have it together.
Safe riding

Trublumax, you can find pretty much any parts you'll need from members here. One2dmax has a lot of parts as well as CaptinKyle so just post the parts you need in the Vmax parts wanted thread or PM either one of the before mentioned members. Welcome and good luck. Ed✨

Hello Maxxers,

I'd like opinions about this bike. Do you think it's a good deal? What should I look for to tell me if it's worth buying?

Thanks!

Walker

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/2933357906.html

Looks good in the pic.....which means absolutely nothing......no mention of mileage or how many owners,etc......KB lists between 2300 & 3400 for trade in vs retail........plus the mods.......chew him down a little and he has a good history story to tell you......then sounds good....

Looks good in the pic.....which means absolutely nothing......no mention of mileage or how many owners,etc......KB lists between 2300 & 3400 for trade in vs retail........plus the mods.......chew him down a little and he has a good history story to tell you......then sounds good....

Yeah,what he said........and welcome to the forum. I guess its better your looking for info on buying a max for your first post ,then selling your max on your first post.

New member saying Hi from up north in Alberta Canada. I recently got my first VMax (2002) from a buddy and I've been lurkiing on the site for a month now researching mods and buying the odd part. Thought I should make an official first post so here it is, cheers!

Hello folks.
I'm a new member checking in to say hello from Northeast PA. I never owned a V4 until recently and so far its a really amazing machine. I always rode rockets, and sport touring bikes so this is taking some getting used to. The Vmax is big and heavy and does not handle like what I am used to, but its a nice comfortable cruiser that doesn't hurt the shoulders or wrists.

:ummm:Hey yes ,a new guy with an old TCI. I need help Maxers!!!! . Iv just totally rebuilt a once basket case motor, got it back in the bike, turned the key and it fired off, but on only 1 and 4 and now only 3 has spark. Iv done all the manuals trouble shooting steps and after testing the coils and pick-ups the arrow points to the TCI and say's replace. I was hoping for a test of some kind for that High Dollar TCI. An 85 vmax just waiting for some spark in its life..

Hi Walker,

I have that exact same bike, yellow 94. I bought mine about 18 months ago with 6,500 miles for $3000. I think it might be a little high in price. Great looking bike though!!!

Back