Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would download the Service Manual and double-check that all the parts are present and mounted in the right order inside your forks - what you describe does NOT sound right. With Progressive springs some may find it a bit stiff, but definitely not with the weak OEM ones. Also do you know which oil viscosity you are using?
I think the OEM recommended fluid was used; I just had my mechanic do the fluid change! It would still hit hard coming back up before the fluid change anyways! So that?s why I changed it in the first place!

(quote)
Any signs of the fork seals leaking? Maybe there is no oil in them. Oil helps to dampen the forks. Without oil, they would be like a pogo stick.

The oil and seals are brand new, and with no air added, they feel just right!

The sound my forks make when the forks comes back up is really getting to me! I wonder if progressive springs will solve this problem! Maybe my springs are bad!

I think it's possible that you're missing some part or have something in there not in the right order.. Progressive springs are much stiffer than OEM - does your ever bottom out under hard breaking, especially 2-up?

I think it's possible that you're missing some part or have something in there not in the right order.. Progressive springs are much stiffer than OEM - does your ever bottom out under hard breaking, especially 2-up?

It sure does'nt, the forks feel pretty good with the new oil in their.

It sure does'nt, the forks feel pretty good with the new oil in their.

Then it's possible you already have Prog springs in there. It's also possible that your spacers are too long, I believe the ones that come with Prog springs have to be cut down to size according to preference. Also you could have emulators such as Racetech or Intimators below the springs, and again these require the top spacers' lengths to be adjusted.

Without pulling the forks to see what's in there and compare with the Service Manual, it's impossible to tell. :confused2:

Then it's possible you already have Prog springs in there. It's also possible that your spacers are too long, I believe the ones that come with Prog springs have to be cut down to size according to preference. Also you could have emulators such as Racetech or Intimators below the springs, and again these require the top spacers' lengths to be adjusted.

Without pulling the forks to see what's in there and compare with the Service Manual, it's impossible to tell. :confused2:

Cool, I'll let you know what i find out!

Cheers

hey guys new to here bought a 2000 max last fall from a good friend of mine love the feel of raw power ripping the tire loose ive got a pile of bald ones to prove it my friend owned this bike for five or six yrs so ive ridden it alot and although its not as comfortable as other bikes it sure is fun

Welcome Zach, Theres a few different seat options from guys on the board. Morleys muscle, Maxgasser. Much improved comfort over stock.

179172_447379771948494_1484487935_n.jpg

Bought my 1st Max last week. Always viewed them with envy but never got round to actually buying one.
This is a 1988 full power US import, stage 7 kit, PVM machined 17in wheels (110 front and 190 rear) R1 front brake calipers, progressive fork springs etc etc etc.
All I can say is... I am so glad I waited for the right one!!

179172_447379771948494_1484487935_n.jpg

Bought my 1st Max last week. Always viewed them with envy but never got round to actually buying one.
This is a 1988 full power US import, stage 7 kit, PVM machined 17in wheels (110 front and 190 rear) R1 front brake calipers, progressive fork springs etc etc etc.
All I can say is... I am so glad I waited for the right one!!
Welcome ! Thats a nice bike

I dont know if I have shared a picture of my ride with you guys, so here it is. I was looking at profile early today and saw no pics....

Attachments

• v-max.jpg
    v-max.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 24
Hey everyone,
I am new to this forum, since I just had the luck of picking up a new to me 2006 V-max and I absolutely love it so far. I have really enjoyed reading the posts on this forum so far and look forward to learning many things from all of you pros!

Welcome to all new guys - you've found the best Max resource on the interweb bar none!

And it just happens to be populated by the nicest bunch of people to boot :cool: Enjoy

Evening all.

Just a quick note to say "hey".

I recently bought a 96 with 12,000 miles on the clock. I have been intrigued by these machines since they were first introduced, and found one at a decent price (I think).

I'll have questions and issues for the group I'm sure. Seems like a fabulous collection of helpful and knowledgable and friendly people from what I've seen so far.

Thanks for all the info I have gleaned so far, and for all the info I'll get in the future.

Mark

hi people i have just bought my first vmax a 86 cali import and its a beast just would like to know about common faults and cheap and easy mods and upgrades it has a few small mods but nothink extensive i am from newcastle england and just after some advice cheers guys

Hi to all!!
Driving for two years now a '93 Vmax and still every ride brings me a big smile :biglaugh:
As a member of the Dutch Vmax Club, this site has been brought to my attention. Hopefully at some point I can be of any additional value to one or more of you. And hopefully, if needed, I can get/find the information I am looking for.
Cheers, Kees

Last edited:
Hi just joined , Think i have just got myself a rather large boat anchor (85 us import vmax) lots of plans but just trying to start motor after 4 year layup. engine turns over on start switch now but have no spark.
Has any one ever thought about spoked wheels for vmax

Latest posts

Back