Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to all our new guys and to our addiction. Questions are usually answered same day , opinions can go on for longer periods of time. :rofl_200:

My nick is Mordicant. usually on forums or other places on the Web my nick is Vmax or Vmaxxer, but this is not the pace for such a "unique" nickname :biglaugh:

I'm from the Netherlands and I drive (since 1992) a V-boosted '85 Vmax. Originally the bike was from California but it got shipped to Europe where I bought it.
I always keep the bike technically in good shape but I didn't clean the bike since '92 so its more or less a dirty ratmax now :punk:

This bike had served me perfectly well for about 60K miles now and it never ever stopped working.

I've got plans to take the bike apart next winter and try to get the bike in pristine condition again so I might need expert advise from this forum later this year ..

Hi there I am a new Member and thought I would say hello. I run a Gen 1 2001 which I have extensively rebuilt - you can see the pictures on the gallery I posted yesterday. I am based in South Africa, in Cape Town with its sea, sand and mountains and some roads simply built for riding! If in doubt Google Clarence Drive, Gordons Bay or Chapmans Peak Drive, Hout Bay. Bike is well modified and, at least in my eyes, a thing of beauty. The Vmax scene here is small - old Gen 1's are pretty cheap as the marque doesnt have the same cult follwoing as say the US or UK. In fact I have never ridden past a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 ever in this country though they do exist! The popular machines here are the Adventure Bikes (I run a GSA and KTM640 Adv too) and Superbikes...and Harley Davidsons - huge scene here. I got my Gen 1 in Oct 2011 with a view to rebuilding it into a performance street bike that handles. I have always loved the look, and in terms of wanting a proper street bike, nothing else compares in my view. Check my gallery and nice to meet you all!

Welcome and very nice looking Max there Capetown , and beautiful background pics too. Doesn't look like you need many more mods , but keep an eye out for a certain monkey that may sneak up on ya. :clapping:

It's been a while since I said hello to all the new folks on here. Welcome to our little slice of heaven on the web, I sure you'll find everything you need to know about the Vmax...and then some!!!:biglaugh:

Well I just got a 2009 Vmax few weeks ago, ready to start putting mods on my bike. I bought a 09 with 523 miles on it for $14500, I thought that was a steal. Check out my albums, see some of my past bikes. Looking forward to learning all about the MAX! thanks steve griffin from St. Louis

I found this 2009 with 523 miles on it for $14500, so I bought it. Looking forward to your all help and info- Time for the mods. Steve Griffin from St. Louis

Go to user CP on top of this page, click it, and go to the "edit avatar" label on the left side and follow instructions... Easy fix...

Good Evening Everyone!

I have finally purchased a Max last Saturday and have already logged over 500 miles! My machine is a '95 with 21,000 miles. It has a set of Avon Venoms, Kerker 4 into 1, Stage 7 with K&N's, and Dynamax 3000. I love it when i idle through town and get the Harley guys to turn their heads!

I also have a '87 Super Magna with 15,000 miles. I just got done updating her with Avon Venoms, Progressives for the forks, drag bars extended 3" at each end, and forwards. It is a great bike to kick back and cruse.

I look forward to meeting new people and continually improve my Max. Anybody here from the northeastern Iowa or southeastern Minnesota area. If possible I would like to meet up and take some rides. There are great places to go in southeastern Minnesota and into Wisconsin.

motomick76

Hello from New Hampshire

Hello everyone from New Hampshire. I have been into motorcycles all my life w/ my first mini bike at age 9 from there I have had many many bikes . I raced Moto X from 1986 to 2000. I just picked up a 1993 Vmax (had a 1985 when first come out) that was ridden hard not beat on just never cleaned washed nothing. It was filthy chrome covered in street grime wheels,shocks,tires etc. I got her home me n wife spent hours cleaning her I removed all the painted parts & wetsanded & primed for the new candy orange paint. I am currently waiting for a new clutch to come I ordered should be tommorow or Friday. I want to post a pic but for some reason its not a jpeg it was taken on my phone & emailed to me. I will try to get it on here if not will try to use my digirtal cam . I am not to good w/ pcs lol.
Mods I have done. UFO Drag bars,new grips,new mini clear turn signals.
Mods I will be doing .Candy orange paint,chrome brake n clutch covers,new mirrors,maybe a quadzilla exhaust it has a super trapp now. Let me see if I can add a pic of my paint I just got if its a jpeg I will upload it. Hope to hear from many of you in New England . I am happy to be a member of this forum ..
Well I tried on pics they say they are to big went to resize them said they arent jpegs .grrr any ideas?? Thanks

Yep Pembrook NH. I was yalking with him last night & told him I just sent some other parts to a guy in Nottinham & he said he never sees any Max's around there.
Not many I always look to see. I seen 1 last sat in Lee a maroon one a guy n his gal looked completlry stock .

Back