Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hello from New Hampshire

Hello everyone from New Hampshire. I have been into motorcycles all my life w/ my first mini bike at age 9 from there I have had many many bikes . I raced Moto X from 1986 to 2000. I just picked up a 1993 Vmax (had a 1985 when first come out) that was ridden hard not beat on just never cleaned washed nothing. It was filthy chrome covered in street grime wheels,shocks,tires etc. I got her home me n wife spent hours cleaning her I removed all the painted parts & wetsanded & primed for the new candy orange paint. I am currently waiting for a new clutch to come I ordered should be tommorow or Friday. I want to post a pic but for some reason its not a jpeg it was taken on my phone & emailed to me. I will try to get it on here if not will try to use my digirtal cam . I am not to good w/ pcs lol.
Mods I have done. UFO Drag bars,new grips,new mini clear turn signals.
Mods I will be doing .Candy orange paint,chrome brake n clutch covers,new mirrors,maybe a quadzilla exhaust it has a super trapp now. Let me see if I can add a pic of my paint I just got if its a jpeg I will upload it. Hope to hear from many of you in New England . I am happy to be a member of this forum ..
Well I tried on pics they say they are to big went to resize them said they arent jpegs .grrr any ideas?? Thanks

Damn..I was in NH last week and could'nt get anyone to come out and ride..oh well..maybe next year

My clutch is in shes all back together. I want to thank Kyle aka Captainkyle for his fast service for my clutch & speedo cable ..

Hi everyone, new guy here from Alabama. I just purchased my first Vmax yesterday in Arkansas. I had been looking for awhile and found this one on craigslist so my dad and I left out at 7:30 in the morning to go get it. 12hrs and 650 miles later she's all mine. I drove it all the way back home and even though it was a long ride I enjoyed every minute of it!

Hi everyone, new guy here from Alabama. I just purchased my first Vmax yesterday in Arkansas. I had been looking for awhile and found this one on craigslist so my dad and I left out at 7:30 in the morning to go get it. 12hrs and 650 miles later she's all mine. I drove it all the way back home and even though it was a long ride I enjoyed every minute of it!

Welcome and congrats on your new ride and our ( now yours too ) addiction. How did it shake out on that ride ? Did you stop for ribs and blues in Memphis ? Pics of your new scoot would be good.

Welcome and congrats on your new ride and our ( now yours too ) addiction. How did it shake out on that ride ? Did you stop for ribs and blues in Memphis ? Pics of your new scoot would be good.

Thanks Rollie! The ride was deffinatly a long one, butt went numb after the first 130 miles. And we really didn't strop for anything but gas (I was trying to hurry back since I had to be at work the next day). I have pics of the bike posted in an album on my profile.

New member here...Just saying Hi
Bought my first Vmax on July 8 of this year.
Will need some help with it...bought not running.
In getting the carbs done as I type.Stage 7 jet kit.
Will it still work ok with the factory exhaust ? or is there
anything I can do to it (factory exhaust) to use it for now ?
Any other sugestions ?

Welcome to the site. There are many tech gooroos here that may be able to help you ,unforntunatley I can not but I am sure you'll have a answer in no time ..

Hi All,

Recently bought a '96 V-Max. I bought it with the engine able to turn over, but not able to start. It had 24000 miles on it and the rest of the bike was in good shape so I picked it up at a decent price, knowing that I'd have to rebuild the motor. I'm in the middle of that rebuild now, internals actually in pretty good shape. Turns out the number 4 piston was cracked between the top rings so there was barely any compression in that cylinder. Parts have been ordered, looking forward to putting it all back together and going for my first ride!

Been going over this forum since I've discovered it... an absolute wealth of information. Thanks to all that have posted!

Ed

Welcome to all the new members, as some of you have noted there is a wealth of information here and also a active group willing to offer advice/ help to get you off to a good start on your Vmax.
If you are in need of specific help there likely is a section dedicated to resolving issues such as you may be experianceing, propably with a sticky and a step by step covering it too!.
Also, look to other Vmaxer's in your area and strike up a conversation to plan rides/ tech sessions or just about bike nights!

New member here...Just saying Hi
Bought my first Vmax on July 8 of this year.
Will need some help with it...bought not running.
In getting the carbs done as I type.Stage 7 jet kit.
Will it still work ok with the factory exhaust ? or is there
anything I can do to it (factory exhaust) to use it for now ?
Any other sugestions ?
Stage 7 with Stock exhaust is probably a waste of money.
The Satge 7 Kits work best with a more free flowing aftermarket Full exhaust system.
Also, I see you're in Ontario, check the VMOA Ontario Chapter Thread and you'll find there are a lot of VMaxers in Ontario and they get together quite a bit for organized rides.
I set up the Spring IceBreaker for them (and a few of us neighbors to the South) this year and it will most likely be in NY again next year.
Hopefully we'll see you there. :)

And welcome to every other new member.
This is beyond a doubt the Best VMax site you'll ever find.

I am planning on putting an aftermarket exhaust on.Need the carbs cleaned and fugured I would do that at the swme time...Are there any mods I can do to the factory exhaust that will work ok till I find another ?
Thankyou and I will look into VMOA Ontario Chapter.

hello from MA. I just picked up an 85 in need of some serious love. hope to learn alot from this forum.

Hi 569 and welcome. You will learn a lot from poking around this forum. It was a tremendous help for me.

Welcome 569, Im over here in Belchertown, anytime you want to ride! or try a good seat!

Welcome 569!..............You have found the right place to learn about all things V-Max.........Post up your last 4 serial numbers for us.........................Tom.

Welcome 569, Im over here in Belchertown, anytime you want to ride! or try a good seat!
cool, cant wait to get this beast going and ride the Berkshires.

Welcome 569!..............You have found the right place to learn about all things V-Max.........Post up your last 4 serial numbers for us.........................Tom.

the last 4 are 0217..... is this special or significant?

Hi all, this Forum is awesome.. Been a VMAX owner for 3 weeks and will never go back to anything else. I have a 2000 and it is freaking great. I bought it with only a couple mods I can tell, UFO Drag star exhaust (I love the sound but not sure my neighbors do) and K&N filter.

I have learned so much in this forum and bought a few things too, thanks Sean and Kyle, you guys rock, great prices and quick shipping.

Long live the Mad Max

Chuck

Latest posts

Back