Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greeting from Malaysia :)
Join this forum and being a lurker long ago when I got my 1st 93'Vmax 6yrs back , but sold after 2yrs and grab an 08 R1 .
Then again , sold the R1 and back to 97'Vmax this June :biglaugh:

Thanks to this awesome forum , I learn & practice all of the common tech issue from you guys, and DIY for the very 1st time.
Upgrade the to progressive spring & lowered 1" , replace seal , got my wife help to pull the fork while installing back the top cap .. PITA

Replace steering head bearing , and to grind it off the lower race is real PITA

Repaint all to Matte black from silver

No plan to change the headlamp but somehow i drop it when checking the wiring. So just rush to car accessories shop grab 2 type of fog lamp , lower lamp with H3 HID , top with normal H3 cool white.

Also , no plan to trim the rear fender , but a blind rider just bang on me and lose his 4pcs front tooth. Will look for a replacement later.

Stage 1 Jet kit will be the next :eusa_dance:

You guys rock!! greatly appreciated :clapping:

Regards,
Julius Lim

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

welcome to the forum. nice looking bike! you didn't happen to read about my tool i used to do the stem bearings did you? made my life easy

Hi all. I have actually been to this site many times, but never joined. I got a lot of Vmax issue information from here. If my bike started to do something I would come here and research it, and then go tell my husband what it was. I think he secretly hates this forum. lol

In all seriousness.. I have been riding for about 8 years now. When I was first looking for a bike I fell in love with the vmax. My husband said NO! He then explained that it was too powerfull of a bike for me to start with. We agreed that I would get 5 years riding under my belt and then start looking for my Vmax. We happened to come across one that had been in a minor accident and jumped on it. My husband is a great mechanic, and I am no slouch when I decide to pick up a wrench. The rider had a few beers and found a parked car. Bent the forks, and front rim. Easy fix. While we had it up on the stand for those repairs I decided to leave it up there for the winter and put some money into upgrades. After all is said and done I can't ride it. My dream bike irritates a spine injury I had got in the military.

Hi everyone my name is David and I am very excited about finally acquiring my dream bike. I recently stumbled upon an 01 for sale. The owner only wanted $500 due to the bike not running for about a year. I have been a mechanic for 20 years so it got my attention when he said the bike ran but it would sputter and eventually stop running. The quote from Yamaha here on Guam was $1000 plus parts to get it running (everything here on Guam is twice than the states. I picked up the bike and began tearing it down.
The bike sputtered because of varnish, bugs and debris in the fuel lines, out of sync and general nastiness. The clutch didn't work because of no fluid in the lines and the brakes were full of water. Other than the forks needing rebuilding and some corrosion control, I was able to fix the bike for under $100.
Now, because I am in the military, I have to deploy soon so it won't be until April or may until I can put it back together again. I can't wait.
I've been in the Air Force for 19 years and stationed in Guam at the moment. I hope to learn a lot about the bike over the next 6 months and can't wait to start rebuilding the bike.

Hafa Adai! Greetings from Minot! I'm well familiar with your island know exactly what you mean about the prices and corrosion on Guam. Even if it needed work for you to get it running you stole that '01 for $100. Welcome to the forum!

Hi everyone. got my first vmax a week ago and found this site from my r1 forum. i love the comfort and violence. dont like front end tho, would like to throw some upside downs on soon. where i live in michigan the roads are junk. the wife likes the back of this one compared to r1. in summary its my first cruiser, and im glad i didnt have to sacrifice power to ride comfortably.​

Hi everyone. got my first vmax a week ago and found this site from my r1 forum. i love the comfort and violence. dont like front end tho, would like to throw some upside downs on soon. where i live in michigan the roads are junk. the wife likes the back of this one compared to r1. in summary its my first cruiser, and im glad i didnt have to sacrifice power to ride comfortably.​

Welcome to our addiction. I would suggest trying a set of Race Tech springs and gold emulators. You may find them a big improvement at a big savings over USD.

Hey everybody! Just bought an 06 Vmax July 3rd. Very happy with it but hate the seat. Hopefully I can get one of ricks trial seats, very interested but would like to try it out before I spend that much.

Hey guys and gals....Kent here from southeast Texas, around the Beaumont area. Just bought my 2nd Vmax. My first was a new 99' and I rode it for 4 years before trading her in on a H-D. Had the touring/sturgis bug. been on several bikes since then, including an 06' Busa. (getting old,and my back is much happier on the Max...lol). So was looking around for something affordable and dark. And found this bike on Ebay in IN.
Anyway.....thanks for your time and help.....( I know its coming and I'm gonna need it....lol. here's some pics..let me know what ya'll think.....Kentmax5

Attachments

• Ebay vmax1.jpg
    Ebay vmax1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 19
  • ebay vmax2.jpg
    ebay vmax2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ebay vmax3.jpg
    ebay vmax3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 17
  • ebay vmax7.jpg
    ebay vmax7.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ebay vmax4.jpg
    ebay vmax4.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 15
Hey guys and gals....Kent here from southeast Texas, around the Beaumont area. Just bought my 2nd Vmax. My first was a new 99' and I rode it for 4 years before trading her in on a H-D. Had the touring/sturgis bug. been on several bikes since then, including an 06' Busa. (getting old,and my back is much happier on the Max...lol). So was looking around for something affordable and dark. And found this bike on Ebay in IN.
Anyway.....thanks for your time and help.....( I know its coming and I'm gonna need it....lol. here's some pics..let me know what ya'll think.....Kentmax5

Welcome! bike looks sweet, i like the blackness lol. Scoops and carb covers look cool. wave front rotors are good too

thats an old members bike here. i think 'junior' something or other. sharp bike! you'll notice we share a similar taste in colour!

Hey guys and gals.....pretty sure I am the newest Vmax owner in Texas! just bought this beast. My 2nd. I owned a new 99' back in the day and rode it for 4 years and swapped it for an H-D. that was in 03' and now many years and bikes later I have come full circle and here we are. let me know what ya'll think. I rode this one 800 miles in 2 days. From Fairview TN to my buddy's house in Houston,TX. Waiter.....new seat please?!!!! gonna talk to mr. cornell about that......lol

Attachments

• Ebay vmax1.jpg
    Ebay vmax1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 10
thats an old members bike here. i think 'junior' something or other. sharp bike! you'll notice we share a similar taste in colour!

Good eye 'G' it was junior6996's. :punk:

Hey guys and gals.....pretty sure I am the newest Vmax owner in Texas! just bought this beast. My 2nd. I owned a new 99' back in the day and rode it for 4 years and swapped it for an H-D. that was in 03' and now many years and bikes later I have come full circle and here we are. let me know what ya'll think. I rode this one 800 miles in 2 days. From Fairview TN to my buddy's house in Houston,TX. Waiter.....new seat please?!!!! gonna talk to mr. cornell about that......lol

Hey Kent, I see you got the pic thing sorted out :thumbs up:....nice ride and welcome to the forum.

Hi everyone! Just thought I would drop in and say hi, I'm new to the vmax and this forum just got it august 1st it's a 2003 and I'm loving it coming from 3 previous Honda XR's the power is great!

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13
Back